“Super Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wagon Wheel Motel & Cafe

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Drummond
Wagon Wheel Motel & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Drummond
DeLand, Florida
“Super Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because I had to land my plane in the snow due to reduced visibility. The staff was absolutely wonderful, even rescued me from the field where I landed in the snow. What a wonderful place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Puget Sound
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Wagon Wheel Cafe has a motel behind it with a surprising number of units. I've stayed twice for a single night each time and coincidently had the same room both times. It isn't large but I can still get my recumbent tricycle and all my bags in the room and have room to walk as well. Everything works and with the Cafe in front, there was no need to use the microwave. The internet worked in my room both times; I can't promise a strong signal in every unit. Everything was spotless and I heard no highway noise. The price was reasonable. With a motor vehicle one might want to stay in Missoula for all that town offers but with only pedal power, Missoula's a day away and the Wagon Wheel is a nice place to stay between Helena and Missoula. Recommended for all but almost a requirement for a bicycle tourist.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here 3 nights. Very clean and reasonably priced. It's a plus having the cafe that is open from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm. Very friendly and helpful. As I sometimes get off work late, they offered to have food waiting in my room for those nights.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a great place to take a break from the road. The room was clean and comfortable with satellite TV. They've done a little remodeling to some of the rooms. They have free wi-fi in the restaurant. The rooms are big and very clean. The staff is so nice and will help get you whatever you need. The food is very good, esp. the burgers and breakfast. They make the bun from scratch for the All-American burger and the beef is all MT. Very good. I also couldn’t resist the pie. For the price, I’d stay here rather than pay much more just down the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dickinson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Large room, but interesting bathroom lay-out. Very clean, mostly quiet, no wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kearns, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family and I have stayed here twice. This motel is kept very, very clean. It is old and outdated; definitely not a luxury place or even very aesthetically pleasing. But honestly the cleanliness of the place feels great! The price can't be beat. We fit two adults, three children under 7 and an infant in one room (2 queens and a roll-away). The attached cafe has great homestyle breakfasts. The last time we stayed, we saw the same faces at the motel and cafe that we saw there at our stay two years previously, and they remembered us as well (maybe it's the gaggle of children). If you're on a tight budget like us, we recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Great place to stop for home cooking!!! I didn't stay in the motel - only ate at the cafe.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wagon Wheel Motel & Cafe? Share your experiences!