“A throwback hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dillon
Great Falls, Montana
“A throwback hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at this property on 27 July for one night. A great hotel. It's a throwback hotel... has the vibe of the 1960s. The rooms are entered from outside. Don't let that throw you off, this place is very clean, the rooms are nice, and the staff (young lady who checked me in and the young lady who checked me out were very nice and on the ball).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here for one night as I have stayed here before. This time I was disappointed at the service and the free breakfast. Room had an electronic lock and was hard to use. I complained the next day to the check out clerk would could care less. Breakfast was running out of food and had only biscuits and gravy as there hot item. Cold hard boiled eggs for breakfast are not my thing. The prices were very high for the summer.

Room Tip: There aren't to many places to stay and this is as good as any.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Spanish Fork, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I made my reservation over a month prior to my arrival. When I made the reservation, I told the reservationist that I needed a roll-away bed. He said to contact the hotel personally to make sure they make a note of it. 2 days after making the reservation I called the hotel and requested the roll-away. They told me, "No problem. They would make a note of it." When we arrived at the hotel, I was told that no roll-away bed was available. I stated that I would have to sleep on the floor and that I was not happy about that. The clerk said he will see what he could do...just give him a little time. After we had sat in our car for 20 minutes, we saw him rolling a bed to our room. He said, I found one." Not a pleasant experience since there were no other rooms available if he had not found the roll-away. This incident spoiled our visit to this hotel. The pool was large...but they had no towels available. We had to go to the front desk to request towels. Also, a high school baseball team was staying at the hotel, so they had "taken over" the pool. They were loud, rude and everywhere. Nothing was done by the hotel staff to get them under control. After a while at the pool, we left.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Check in process was quick. Room was fresh and clean. My kids enjoyed the pool and hottub. Spent more time there than in the room! LOL Continental breakfast was just what we needed before hitting the road. Staff friendly. Thanks! This is our second stay here, wont be our last.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Staying at the Best Western Paradise Inn now. Stopped over in Dillon for 150 years of Bannack Days. Bannack is Montana's most preserved ghost town. It was named after a local Indian Tribe and served as the capital of Montana Territory for a time. The last residents left in the 70's

We arrived early and check-in was super smooth. Even though the place appears to be a typical small-town motel, when we opened the door to our room, we were pleasantly surprised. Everything inside looked to be near-new, soft color palette, luxuriously outfited linens, and firm but soft bed. Granite counters in the bathroom, cold mini-fridge, and coffee service complete with two packs of caffeinated coffee (a miracle . . . usually get only one). Everything in good working order. One very minor complaint is tthe internet needs to be slightly faster, but we didn't mind. We're not here to surf the web.

VERY pleased that we chose this motel. It's a keeper!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Randolph, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Best Western as a chain has really started to slide. The room was OK, but felt dirty and seemed a little dated. The breakfast was mediocre. Didn't like the fact that the rooms all open up to the outside, and though we lucked out and had quiet neighbors, I got the feeling that if they weren't you'd be easily kept awake at night. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Heron, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel while traveling down I-15. Dillion is a University town and most of the lodging is economy class (so the College kids can stay there on "date" night. But, they charge accordingly, and any lodging less than $100 you have to expect it to be less than 5 star). It really was okay for the price. We own a lodge in a different part of Montana and I'm expressly replying to Jeannie W of Troy. How mean you are! Most of Montana has a cleaning crew that works a set number of hours and goes home. When the desk clerk told you no rooms were available, and you trashed her online and to her boss, do you realize why she told you that? She's probably the only one working when your husband wanted to check in - with no reservation. She can't leave her desk to clean a room for you guys! Everytime you see a "No Vacancy" sign on at midnight do you check up on them online to see if its true? Get organized! I hope your lack of class didn't cost that young girl her job!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!