“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Aubrey, TX
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Didn't expect much, was staying the Best Western next door and their "Great Breakfast" is a complete joke, so went over to the Whistle Stop. Coffee was better than expected, and the Eggs Benedict was a true surprise. Can get it with ham or sausage patty, I ordered ham and it came with sausage, so mentioned it and they quickly corrected it. The waitress was cheery and efficient so gave her a 50% tip. Not terribly fancy, but the food was much better than expected, service excellent, would return!

Visited August 2014

Dillon, Montana
“The Best Diner in Dillon, Montana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

For the past month or two I have found the Whistle Stop in Dillon, Montana to be one of the most enjoyable dining experiences of mine. I am recently widowed so when I eat alone, I want the food to be very tasty, the service people like the waitresses to be very friendly and serving and the place to be comfortable and clean. The Whistle Stop has been all of those things with prices that are fair and competitive. I used to be a Greyhound Bus driver and for many decades was a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. I traveled nationwide eating out. Dillon is a small town located almost in the middle of nowhere and it is important to find a decent place to eat, if one is to dine out. I not only eat several times at the Whistle Stop but have had female escorts join me there and they have enjoyed the experience. Family and friends from out of town have eaten with me there and enjoyed it. I hope it remains an icon in Dillon, Montana. MICHAEL EDWARD MHOON, meteorologist and Southern Baptist Pastor.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Worth a stop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

You won't regret it.

At the Whistle Stop, I felt at home.

I walked in late, about 45 minutes after they closed, and they threw a hamburger on for me and gave me a salad to go, too.

I spoke with Chaz, the manager/owner, about the tough day I'd had and we had a great conversation.

This is a man that says things like "happiness is a choice." He might not be perfect, but he does his best. And I think that could be said of the Whistle Stop. It might not have all five-star reviews, but it doesn't need them. Its greatest value is more than good food: it's the good people.

Get a taste of home at the Whistle Stop, and say hi to Chaz for me.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Okay After a Long Day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had to drive to Dillon from Missoula through the rain, so suffice to say I was tired upon arrival. I decided to try Whistle Stop since it was next to the hotel I was staying at. Service was a bit slow throughout, but I have had worse. I ordered the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with gravy and veggies. The first two got to my table, but the veggies never came; I frankly didn't care as I was too tired to complain. The food was palatable. As I mentioned in the subject line, it was okay after a long drive, but you might want to check something else out if you have time and energy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely amazingly delicious! Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Wonderful service, amazing people, gourmet food! DELICIOUS! Would highly recommend to anyone...This was the highlight of our stop in Montana...

• Visited June 2014