“Not Good” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Dillon
New Hope MN
“Not Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights. The first night my AC did not work. Called the front desk they could not fix it till the next day with assurance if it was not fixed I would get a different room. Was told I would get my money back for the night. Went to the office the next morning and was told they would not give a refund as the front desk person working at the time did not have the authority to say such a thing. The answer to the hot room I had as the outside temp was in the 90's was to open my door which went to the outside at 10:30 pm. They did get my AC fixed on Friday, But my room was not touched otherwise so no clean towels, bed not made. On Sunday they finally came in and made the bed and took out the dirty towels but forgot to leave any clean ones.
The room I was in was very dirty. The chairs and carpeting were very stained and filthy I was afraid to walk on the floor or sit in the chairs. When I commented to the manager that they could do more cleaning in the rooms he told me I would not find any cleaner room for the money. Also when I did go to open the window there was a dead fly splatted to the glass and the window track was full of dead bugs.
When I booked the room via telephone so did speak to a person, I did ask for a smoking room when I got there I was told That they had no smoking rooms. My problem with this is why did they not tell me this when I made the reservation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

the motel is quite nice. Frank - the manager - was quite helpful and friendly. room are really much better than an average motel 6: clean, large and better quality of furniture than the newly furbished motel 6.
only issue: we booked two nights and the first night the hotel was overbooked. Frank sent us to super 8 (worst hotel I've been in three weeks) at their expenses, but we would have preffered to stay to night in the same hotel. Frank was sincerely sorry and it was a call center error.
we had an internet rate of less than $ 50 a night in July!
two advices: change the name / do not stay with motel 6 (value is much higher) and increase the rate at least at $ 80 a night

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Invermere, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Have stayed at the Motel 6 twice now while passing through Dillon and in need of a bed to crash in for a quick overnight. The price is right and on both occasions the room has been clean and bed has been comfortably ok for a night. Check-in service is friendly and efficient in the basic lobby. Coffee is provided in the morning, but no breakfast of an sort, though that's not a surprise at the room rates charged. Each time the motel itself has been quiet with no excessive noise from adjacent rooms or outside.

As with any motel chain offering rooms at this low-end price point, the in-room extras are minimal (plastic glasses, generic hand soap, scratchy towels, thin blankets), so obviously to be fair, one must manage your expectations! You're not paying 4-star prices so realistically can't expect it! That said, the Motel 6 in Dillon has been consistent (kinda like going to a McDonalds in Paris or Tokyo or Phoenix - a Big Mac is always the same)! :). For spending a night or two with that reality in mind, it's fine.

The location off the freeway is far enough away not to be affected by the traffic noise, but close enough to be accessed easily is a bonus especially if you arrive late and are beat! For sure I'd spend the night again while tripping along I-15!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Redding, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is the very best location if you want to fish the Beaverhead River. We dropped my son off a mile up river and he fished his way back to the motel. Also very close to town, walk to Gracie's second hand store and to the downtown shops/bars.... that's about all there is so enjoy!

Room Tip: Ours had a Jacuzzi bath and king size bed. Not bad for a motel 6
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Stains on the sheets, torn up carpeting, leftover hair on one of the shower towels, holes in the wall above the shower and in general disrepair.

• Stayed July 2012
Yuma, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have to start out by saying that the manager contacted me after reviewing my comments and apologized for the condition of the place, and I thank her for that. However, they didn't reimburse my expense or even give me a discount. It seems like if you travel with pets, you are likely to get a room that is worn & not as clean as a "no Pets" room. The manager assured me that she had taken measures with the cleaning staff & this would not happen again. Its anyone's call. I was disappointed in the state of the room & with the cleaning service. I don't think I would stay there again. Also, the main lobby smelled of cigarette smoke. Front desk woman was super nice & friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

After booking in with a very friendly staffer we approached our room on the second floor of the motel to find a broken window , opened the door to find a bed partly made with bed sheets and bedspread yellow with age .
The room reeked of cat pee and human body odour .
Immediately went to front desk and got credit card charge reversed.
Front desk clerk offered no apology for room condition .
Luckily found the beautiful Guest Inn and Suites in town for and extra $50 US / night .
We've stayed in many Motel 6 motels and this place is the worst one we've seen .
The Motel 6 corporate management should visit this place and remove their name from it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Dillon? Share your experiences!