A truly romantic setting in rural Montana! Unlike other ranches that are focused on being family friendly, TCR sets itself apart by offering unbelievable service, activities, and divine dishes to delight your palate. The cabins are incredible - you cannot go wrong with any of them but each has their own character and faces a different direction. Love the fireplaces in the cabins and the porches. Not all cabins have a bath tub. We were able to watch a baby deer off the back deck of our cabin. The Thymes products were wonderful. The cabin is stocked with snacks, "lower" shelf hard liquor, soft drinks, and house wines. If you want something else you request it for a fee. It would be helpful to have a wine list with pricing rather than being charged at the end. Otherwise cocktails are available by the pool, at the bar, and at meals. Drinks are stiff. Bartender is a wealth of knowledge and wine cellar lounge is truly hip.
Dining at TCR was a highlight. Enjoyed varied types of fish throughout my stay. Breakfast: greek yogurt, bacon, and trout are not to be missed. Lunch was not as delicious as other meals, but salads always fresh and crisp, the chili was a good choice (and loved the sablefish special). Dinner included 4 courses that changed daily. One night we had a buffet-style kitchen dinner (you get up and go in the kitchen to go through a few lines). It was neat to meet the chefs, but our friends had a hard time finding items that fit their dietary needs. There did not appear to be many alternatives. We preferred ordering from the menu. It is suggested for guests to bring a sweater to dinner as the AC can get the room quite cold. Guests have the choice to eat outside or in their cabins as well.
Service was friendly and professional. Stand outs included the FSU interns: Emilie and Andrea as well as Andrew. Kim did an excellent job leading the photo safari tour. Horseback ride was technical with narrow passes but small group and guide to provide instructions related to each horse's personality. Gorgeous horses that are extremely well taken care of on the ranch.
Some of the other guests were friendly which definitely added to the experience. We enjoyed tennis and were impressed with the level of attentiveness to details by the staff. Andrew brought us water to the court while we were playing. Photos magically appeared of us during activities which we will truly cherish. We loved the digital photos from the photo safari and will enjoy sharing them with our friends.
Recommendations for mgt to enhance ranch experience:
1. Check-in and check-out were slow and required waiting over 15 minutes on either end. Room was not ready when we arrived and once it was ready we needed to wait for someone to escort us to the room. Check-out was also slow and would have been more ideal to have bill with line for tip delivered to room night before. We could fill out and leave keys and bill in room.
2. Horse flies were plentiful especially by pool area and during horseback riding. Although horses were sprayed this is probably unavoidable in woods. The pool seemed worse than the dining areas or the cabins - maybe some attention could be paid to pest control in this area. Many flying insects in pool itself which made it less enjoyable for swimming in the water.
3. Fees for non-house wines could be printed in cabins. It was helpful to have on menus at dinner.
4. All staff should be encouraged to be professional at all times. A couple of the more seasoned staff (check-in desk/activities) were flippant, sarcastic, and did not seem to genuinely care about the patrons. They had no problem with guests waiting after being on the plane for hours (maybe a welcome drink should be provided if there is a wait?) Aman and Montage resorts seem to handle the arrival process much more smoothly.
Will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning Triple Creek Ranch is a Relais & Chateaux property and an Orvis-endorsed fly-fishing lodge. Ranked #1 Hotel Worldwide in Travel + Leisure's 2014 "World's Best" Awards, this is an ideal destination for discriminating adult travelers seeking the retreat of a lifetime and the romance of the West, children ages 16 and older are welcome. Our all-inclusive fees include luxurious accommodations, snacks, breakfast, lunch, gourmet dinners, house wines and spirits and all featured on-ranch activities. A variety of exhilarating year-round activities await Triple Creek Ranch guests along with accommodations in 23 individual cabins, with a private or nearby hot tub, sumptuous king bed, wood-burning fireplace and much more! Dining at the Triple Creek Restaurant is a culinary and visual feast of fresh foods, fine wines and global influences. Offerings range from Bistro Fare to traditional French dishes, innovative southwestern, West Indies, Central American and other international blendings. Cooking with locally sourced ingredients and fresh veggies from Triple Creek Ranch's own orchard and garden is a passion of our executive chef. Food allergies or special dietary requirements are accommodated with specially prepared menus by our talented chefs. At Triple Creek Ranch enjoy good conversation, savor world-class cuisine and fine wines from the best wine regions worldwide and discover once in a lifetime adventures. Best of all, be pampered with our exceptional caring service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Triple Creek Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Triple Creek Ranch Hotel Darby
- Triple Creek Ranch Montana/Darby