“never so disappointed in a hotel and its staff and expedia” 1 of 5 stars

Glacier Gateway Inn
1121 E Railroad St, Cut Bank, MT 59427   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cut Bank
montana
“never so disappointed in a hotel and its staff and expedia”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

booked on expedia for a hotel that was 300 miles away from home. Stated it was a deluxe room in a HOTEL with a pool and spa and pictured a great lobby. Got there and our room was actually accross the street at the "inn" with a stench of cigarettes and no lobby to speak of. Then the price at payment was $12 more then what Expedia stated. There was no breakfast(unless you include coffee and doughnuts as a breakfast). Guy said sure you can use the pool across the street(meanwhile it is 30 degrees outside), walk across AFTER paying and the pool/spa is closed for the season. Also scared us into paying saying there was nowhere else available in town..BS...Super 8 is only half full and the little motel we are at now(increadibly better then the "Inn") has wifi. Expedia misrepresents this "hotel" as deluxe when the truth is that the pictures shown on site are a separate property by same owner and so is pool/spa.

Room Tip: do not take staffs word for anything! check yourself
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

On a recent return road trip visiting friends in Lethbridge Alberta we came back via Hwy 2 thru Montana.With no rooms avalable in Shelby we headed west 30 mins to Cutbank the next town.Arrived and took the first place with a vacant sign and this was it.Upon checking in and getting a reasonable room rate headed to the room going okay what do we find,well to our surprise the rooms and looks like interior of motel has been renovated because it was clean and well done.Room was clean modern with many items like coffee maker,microwave,fridge in room with good internet.Will we stay again going over this route yes.
Oh and yes it's also close to the eastern edge of the Rockies

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DBSSPATEL, General Manager at Glacier Gateway Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us.we are glad that you enjoy your stay.we are always here to welcome you and all guests like you.
Saint Joseph, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

60 bucks for a room that is worth about 40. I stayed here because everything else was booked. Parking is very minimal. I'd say the room was clean but not by hotel standards. I'm a mechanic so I'm sure I looked a little rough, but the host kept telling me to keep the room clean. I'm not a dirtbag for crying outloud. Anyways, if your a roughneck and don't mind a little rundown place it may be ok but for the average traveler on vacation I'd look elsewhere. The upside was the little pizzaria next door was nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DBSSPATEL, General Manager at Glacier Gateway Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Guest
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.we have just replaced all the locks,but you are right that we do have some mechanical problem in couple of locks and we will definitely fix it.we are extremely sorry for that.
You may also be interested to learn that just last week we have started to upgrading the property.we put new LED 32' TV in all the rooms. and one cup coffee machine in all the rooms and planning to change all curtains soon. So guest will get more value to their dollar spend.
we want you to come back give one more chance to serve you better.
we do have one more newest property across this one for better experience in Cut bank.
Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling
to Cut Bank again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that
the remainder of your trip will be nice and wonderful.
Havre, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel in the past on business trips. Each time I stayed there it was more run down. The last stay resulted in a reservation hassle, in spite of written confirmation. Ultimately, a room was "found" in the Plaza portion of the hotel. The curtains of the ground floor room did not close and the slip cover on the chair looked like a nest of dogs had slept there. The bathtub was covered with brown stains and the towel bar fell off the wall. Light bulbs were very dim or not working. The towels were frayed and stained a disgusting gray color. I will never stay there again. I advise you to find another hotel in Cut Bank or drive to another nearby town. It was terrible.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
auburn, wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed at the glacier gateway inn because everything was full in Shelby and Cut Bank was the next closest city. The place looked ok from the first glance, the beds seemed comfortable and the sheets clean. other than some overbearing perfum that they had spayed the entire room in it wasnt that bad. Until I woke up the next morning to find my 7 month old still sleeping covered in bug bites, after further inspection all of us were COVERED in bug bites, I removed the bottom sheet and around the rim of the mattress were A TON of little black bugs, I checked it out online and they are in deed BED BUGS. These are EXTREMELY hard to kill and they are easily transported home in luggage or on clothing. DO NOT STAY THERE. And Learn my lesson, check under the sheets and in the crevouses of mattresses.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Matlock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

There are inside and outside rooms to the Glacier Gateway Inn. We had an outside room. They welcomed our dog and the room was huge. Clean and comfortable.
The only let down was the coffee in the room was "Mr Coffee" type, but after I made it I threw it away, it wasn't good. Same brand of brewed coffee in the breakfast room. Drink something else. The rest of the breakfast was OK - muffins, toast, cereal. There was a powercut the next morning, but we'd had breakfast, so it didn't cause any problems. At $59 + $6 for our dog we had no overall complaints, apart from the coffee.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Old Bridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2007

-- $42, extremely economical
-- We stayed in second building called "the corner"
-- Host is very affable and nice
-- Just outside the window are seven sets of train tracks, but not big problem, no whistles or horns at night
-- Spacious room & bathroom
-- Nice handheld shower head
-- Fridge, microwave
-- Building a little used but being renovated
-- Hard to find electrical outlets
-- Dorm-like furniture
-- No breakfast (but when I checked out the host invited me to take anyway. Not knowing I would post it) waffles were included
-- Not many restaurants to choose from in town
-- Room is clean and pleasant

Stayed July 2007

Been to Glacier Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!