“Clean Small Town Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cut Bank
Billings MT
“Clean Small Town Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I was in Cut Bank on business and a colleage recommended it. Look, this is Cut Bank Montana. So I didn't expect the Ritz. The staff was very helpful for dinner recommendations and directions. I thought they were friendly. The lady who checked us in was very adamant that we put the vehicle plate number on our registration form even though we all came in the same car...that was a bit type A.

There was some dated carpeting on the stairs, but the hall had new carpeting. Oh, if you can't navigate stairs, this motel doesn't have an elevator. My room was on the 2nd floor. It was very clean and roomy with a Queen size bed, recliner chair, fridge, flat screen TV, and a decent desk. The bathroom is on the tiny side...but very clean.

One odd thing is the workout equipment is in the pool area...so it got humid during my workout. The breakfast is very basic with cereal, fruit, bagels, coffee and no protein. One of my colleages walked across the parking lot to McDonald's for breakfast on the second morning of our stay. The tap water tastes funny in Cut Bank...just an FYI. We walked to a nearby grocery store for bottled water. That's what I used to make my coffee in my room. The trains didn't bother me and I slept fine. Given the limited options in Cut Bank, I'd stay here again if my job requires me to go there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Great Falls, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I called to reserve a room for a couple night stay, and the lady at the desk was extremely rude and not very helpful. Unfortunately, I will not be stopping or staying in Cut Bank.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Cut Bank hotels

's-Gravenzande
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

The trains didn't bother us at all maybe because we've travelled by train so many times and love it. The staff is very friendly and we were lucky getting a single room and a nice suite ($179.90 together). After dinner at the next door Pizza Hut we found out that the hotel was fully booked. Breakfast in the very busy lobby, mostly with (road/train?)workers: coffee, nice fresh donuts, bread etc. Enough to start the day for out trip to the beautiful Glacier National Park.

• Stayed September 2010
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Fairly clean but that's about it. Typical old-style motel right down to the smell. (Must use cleaning products from the 60s, but at least it wasn't an awful smell.)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisiana, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

This motel would have been rather nice, had it not been located near trains. All night long, we heard the train whistles---very LOUD train whistles. Not good for sleeping. The service was wonderful though, and very helpful people at the desk. Had it not been for the disrupted sleep, we would have enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

For the rainfan/photographer this is one of the best train-watching motels available. Get a west-facing room and the Burlington Northern-Santa Fe mainline trestle over Cut Bank Creek is in the backyard. This structure is 1200-feet long and 180-high over the river from which the town gets its name. Eastbound trains can be seen more than two miles away as they descend from the central Montana plateau into the river valley. Pizza Hut, McDonalds and other restaurants and grocery stores are nearby. Take Amtrak's Empire Builder to Cut Bank, walk six blocks to Super 8 Motel, and you can watch approximately one freight train per hour in comfort.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled solo
Tiptree, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

We arrived here later on in the afternoon with no reservation and managed to get one of the few remaining rooms. I was expecting a little better as it was a Super 8 Pride motel which I thought might mean it was better than ordinary ones. This didn't particularly seem to be the case though. The room had a strange smell to it, which could have been an attempt to cover up smoke but it was a non smoking room.

The ladies at the check in desk seemed rather flustered, and a little off hand. Perhaps we caught them at a bad time.

I would have to say the absolutely worst thing about this motel is the proximity to the trains which sound their horns all night long and from what sounds like one end of town to the other. This was the worst night sleep I had the whole time we were away.

The brreakfast was ok nothing to right home about, and wasn't improved by not having any where to sit. Either we timed it just as everyone else did or they don't have sufficient space.

It wasn't overly expensive but not fantastically cheap either. I personally wouldn't be in any rush to go back.

• Disliked — The trains near by
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Cut Bank? Share your experiences!