“Disorganized” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Evergreen Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coram
Evergreen Motel
You added Evergreen Motel to your Saves list
On Hwy 2, 7 miles from Glacier Park, P.O. Box 130217, Coram, MT 59913   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coram
“Disorganized”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Never got there. Booked more than 2 months in advance, called to confirm 4 days before arrival and discovered that the reservations had been changed; we'd been moved out of a shared 2BR trailer with a single kitchen and living area furnished to everyone's advantage. We are retired couples, sharing a family vacation. Instead we'd been given an "upgrade" to 2 separate cabins, one with a kitchen, the other with a sitting area. I should think anyone would recognize the difference when you have to dress to leave one cabin in order to visit the cabin next door.

The husband answered, the wife booked the listing. Apparently I was never called because the phone number was never written down on the calendar. And I was considered rude and unappreciative because I made it clear, without raising my voice, that I thought it less than courteous that I hadn't been called and notified, regardless the circumstances. The husband thought he sensed "bad vibes" on my part, so I just suggested we cancel the reservation. They may be nice people, but at the very least they are careless and disorganized. We booked in advance to save ourselves this kind of hassle. Oh well....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed in one of the newer cabins for 2 nights ($99/night) - straight back from the office adjacent to a large wide open patch of grass. The shower/bathtub was full sized and the fixtures were new and contemporary. Bed was really comfortable!

Room included:
- flat screen tv
- free wifi (and AT&T cell reception)
- fridge, BBQ, toaster
- window fan (I think it had A/C but I didn't use it)
- front porch/patio with chairs

The location of the property is quite good. It is only 2-3 minutes to West Glacier and so much closer to the park than Columbia Falls. Just across the street is the Glacier Grille and Pizza.

One con - there isn't good cross ventilation in the room. With the window open and the window fan on the room still felt stuffy so I had to open the door (but no screen door). Oh, and the train blows its horn late at light (12:30am?) but nothing anyone can do about that.

Room Tip: When I booked, she referred to my cabin as #15. When i checked in she said they weren't numbere...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We only stayed one nite, but would have stayed more. Good value for a very reasonable price. Room was very clean and well kept. Maybe a little musty, more like a lake cottage, but we expected that. Perfect location for visiting west side of Glacier Park. Friendly staff too!!

Parkersburg, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at this motel since it was close to Glacier and resonably priced. My wife and I are sad to say that we were dissappointed in this room. We had one of the rooms on the property which had a very bad musty odor. We opened the windows and tried to make the best of it while we were there. We also had trouble with the wireless interner but the issues were fixed after notifing the owners a couple of times about it. Maybe we will have to try one of the little cabins next time we are in the area.

Northport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during our trip to Glacier National Park. One night was in an older (outdated) cabin, and the second night we were in one of the recently updated cabins. The newer one was obviously much better, but even with the older cabin, this place is very reasonable. For those visiting the park, there are closer options (West Glacier), but I believe anything there is more expensive. There's a very reliable restaurant just across the street, and other good options within about a 5 minute drive. In addition to the park, this area (including West Glacier) is a hub for many tour companies, including hiking, white water rafting and others.

Room Tip: See if you could get one of the cabins that were recently updated, though you'll have to confirm...
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Evergreen Motel is reasonably priced and has a location very close to Glacier Park. These are its plusses. My wife and I stayed there for three nights. We had difficulty sleeping on account of the very substantial road noise, as well as bright lights that the motel owners keep turned on throughout the night. So there we are in a near wilderness location with considerably more light than our big city home.
The room was clean, somewhat worn, and the shower spigot was almost too low for a person who is 5'10" to use.

Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The picture on the main page of Evergreen Motel's website doesn't do this place justice. This motel of 4 rooms and 5 cabins is well-maintained, clean and quaint. We stayed in one of the rooms, which had rustic decor and comfortable beds. The entire property was pure Americana- especially with the historic "tourist cabins" that are very well maintained despite their age. The motel is minutes from Glacier National Park, and there is a mini-golf/fun center nearby as well as several stores and restaurants, for when you come out of Glacier in the evening. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Evergreen Motel? Share your experiences!