“Glacier General Store and Cabins” 5 of 5 stars

10630 HWY 2 East, Coram, MT 59913   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
East Greenbush, New York
“Glacier General Store and Cabins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The cabin was clean and nicely decorated and the beds comfortable. Our host and hostess were extremely friendly, hospitable and helpful. We also especially loved coming back every night to little treats left for us from the gift shop!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Iselin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped by the general store on our way to hiking in glacier and chuck (the owner) took the time to show us the cabins. They were so nice and comfy and I was amazed that he built them by himself! I used to live in montana and it was hard for me to leave so when it was time to go, me and my boyfriend extended our flight and stayed at the cabins. I had the most incredible time ever with chuck, jori, buddy bear and their friends greyson and susie!! They made us feel like we were friends visiting instead of customers. We had such a fun night out by the fire and then sleeping in those cabins was the most comfortable and relaxing time ever. These people are very special and they will make your entire trip to glacier even better!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Muscadine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went to this place with my son because he has been telling me how great it was since he found it 2 years ago. He was right about how great it is. The cabins are all hand built and even the beds are made by the owner. They are very rustic. I can not say enough about how nice the owner is and how interesting of a person he is. I plan on making the trip to this place every year and I would not consider staying anywhere else. Give it a try and I know you also will fall in love with this place and the two people that run it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Muscadine, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled across this place by accident 2 years ago while traveling here with my family. We met the owner Chuck then and what a blessing that was. My son and I both look upto this man dearly. This is a true American ran business. The cabins are rustic and hand made. Each have full appliances and are very cleaned. The price is too cheap! I brought my dad here today on a father/son trip and he too fell in love with this place. This place gives your heart and soul peace staying here. Tonight we sat out in front of our cabin around a fire talking with the owner for hours and I had one of the best nights ever. I feel like family here! I would not come to this area if I couldn't stay here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our stay was for three nights and the cabins were awesome and the owners go the extra mile. We enjoyed the Bon fire with the others who were staying in the cabins. When we go back we will definitely stay here again. Chuck, Jori, and Buddy Bear, are great Glacier ambassadors. The location was very near the west entrance. The Trap Line for breakfast is a must. D and Mbryan

• Stayed September 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We visited Glacier for the first time this year. Chuck, Jori, and Buddy bear (their loving dog) made the trip the best it could have been. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. The accommodations were clean and well kept. A few Chuck built himself! They included a mini fridge and stove if you want to cook while you are there, but don't forget to bring your own plates, utensils, etc. We picked up some cheap ones at a grocer in one of the larger towns near the area. The cabins were some of the closest to the entrance on the west side of the park. Chuck and Jori were very friendly and kind. Every time we saw them it was like seeing old friends. They helped us map out our hikes and other activities for our whole visit. Chuck gave us a mini session in bear safety. The price was very reasonable. I can't wait to return the Glacier National Park and the Glacier General Store and Cabins!

Room Tip: There was a small store there where you could pick up odds and ends, but I would suggest stopping at...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have just returned from our first trip to Glacier, which was incredible. Our great experience was due in large part to the help and caring of Chuck and Jori at the General Store and Cabins. The cabins themselves are beautifully built, spotlessly clean and very well maintained. The location is perfect, just minutes from the West side of Glacier, as well as short drives from Kalispell, Columbia Falls, and Whitefish. But it can't be said enough that the best amenity is the helpful and caring environment that Chuck, Jori, and Buddy Bear have created. From helping prepare us city slickers for our time around the park to our night around the campfire, we were treated like family. These are special people and we are really grateful that we were able to have this experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Glacier General Store and Cabins? Share your experiences!