“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Cooke City
Minnesota
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We stopped for sandwiches to go on a recent trip through Cooke City. Food was delicious and the big cookies are amazing. I've noticed some reviews that the owner is rude. He's probably tired of city slickers expecting 5 star service. Folks, you are in Cooke City, Montana and when there is distance between restaurant offerings, I'm taking a rustic deli any day. I visited with one of the owners. He's a good guy. Every year he goes back to watch his beloved Steelers play. Talk football and you'll make a new friend. I'll be stopping back here again in the future.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Peachtree City, Georgia, United States
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We went in at 0945 to see if we could get sandwiches made. Door was open. On arrival we were told that they did not open until 1000. We were advised closed sign was on window. Maybe the door should stay closed if the store is closed. Gentleman inside was rude.

Visited August 2014
Cody, WY
“If you like being treated badly, this is the spot.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and another stopped here for lunch on Saturday before heading into Yellowstone. We were attracted by the smell of the grill and the advertisement of BBQ dinners. Well, first, there was no actual BBQ dinner in the normal meaning of the word. There was a $10.95 Baby back rib plate which could hardly be called BBQ as there was no seasoning, very little sauce, and the ribs tasted like boiled pork. The Cheddar Bomb burger was very, very good. It came with a special sauce (which is the source of the bad treatment), onion, and pickle.

Upon receiving my Cheddar Bomb burger, I asked for ketchup - because for all of my life, I have enjoyed ketchup on my burger. The waitress told me, "You don't need ketchup; it has special sauce". While I appreciated her attempt to act like my mother, I shared with her that I would like ketchup. "You don't need it." Yes, I get that I might not "need" it, but as the person actually paying for the burger, I'd like to dress it as I please. I was then told that the "chef gets really angry and irritated when people want ketchup". Quite honestly, I wasn't really concerned about how the "chef" (Can you be a "chef" when the drinks come in paper cups and the meal comes in a red plastic basket?} felt about how I dressed my burger. Again, I was the one paying for the burger and preferred to eat it as I wished. Surprisingly, the chef was apparently not prone to anger over my husband asking to hold the onion. Eventually, I gave up and decided to avoid creating a spectacle over my wanting my condiments of choice because we were with out-of-town guests.

The grill is on the front porch. As we ate our meal, the cook walked through the dining area with a raw chicken perched on a beer can and nothing else under it. I'm 100% certain it is a violation of health code to walk through a dining area with a raw chicken dripping across the dining area as people are trying to eat. I'm also quite sure the cook should have had some sort of hair covering and gloves while handling the raw chicken before going back and preparing other meals.

If you want a great burger, go there. If you want something besides "special sauce" with no idea of what's in it (a concern with allergies) and do not wish an argument to get ketchup or mustard, go somewhere else. If you like raw chicken being paraded across the dining area with nothing to catch that which drips from said chicken while you try to eat your meal, by all means this is the spot for you.

Based on the ribs, we'd never return. Based on the burgers, we'd be back in a heartbeat. Based on the service and treatment of customers and based on the safe and clean handling of foods, we'll never darken their door agian.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly Spot to Stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Simple deli food, with friendly staff & nice beer. A pleasant place to stop before or after going over the Beartooth Highway.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Stop outside of Yellowstone's Northeast Entrance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stopped here after a long day in Yellowstone. We stopped by several eateries along the stretch of the town and settled here when the cook offered to make anything the kids wanted to order. All of us (except one) ordered the special of the day - a sirloin burger with their signature sauce, chips and a milkshake. The adults each ordered a huckleberry shake made with fresh berries. It was delicious. The burgers - each made to order - and one grilled cheese sandwich arrived shortly after. The burgers were amazing. Even the kids raved about them and my kids are super picky. The waitress was cheerful and helpful and chatted with us while we waited for the cook to prepare our burgers just outside. After the food was delivered to the table, we had the privilege of chatting with the cook (the owner's wife). The owner is a fellow Pennsylvanian and Steelers fan. The experience as a whole was top notch. I would wholeheartedly recommend.

• Visited July 2014