“Sleep in a train caboose! Doesn't get any cooler than that!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Antlers Lodge Cooke City

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooke City
Antlers Lodge Cooke City
You added Antlers Lodge Cooke City to your Saves list
311 Main St East, Cooke City, MT 59020   |
liberty112
“Sleep in a train caboose! Doesn't get any cooler than that!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Recently updated so the above review earlier was probably true for that time, but I found a surprisingly different place.

The cabin was cute, decorated nice, log furniture and rustic. The front desk and owners were very helpful and even delivered messages to me from the lodge phone.

Only downfall was there was not a phone in the rooms. The internet was spotty but had more connection than the other place I had stayed in Cooke City.

Will stay here again for sure when I am in the area.

Ask for the caboose cabin!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brenham, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

If you are on a budget, and don't want ANY frills, this is your place. The dining room is closed in the summer so plan on cooking or eating elsewhere. No lavatory in the bath. Had to use the kitchen sink. Looks as if they have updated some. Electrical was very questionable! Was very clean. New roof. New plumbing. Old appliances, but kind of quaint. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Kernersville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The cabins advertised online look nothing like the cabin the owner tried to put us in. The eaves on the roof were falling off; the porch was falling in; the ceilings and carpet had mold; the sink and stove were filthy; the refrigerator had cardboard and duct tape where the door shelves should be, as well as black mold in it; and the stench from the mold was overpowering.
We left and asked for a refund. The owner/manager gave us a refund, but he wasn't nice, even when we checked in. He needs to learn how to clean/maintain the cabins and a few people skills.
We went to the Soda Butte Lodge and stayed there. The staff at Soda Butte is extremely friendly; the room was clean, they gave us a 10% discount on our food; and the room was $45 less than the run-down, smelly, moldy cabin at Antlers Lodge.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Delano, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Our stay at Antler's Lodge was WONDERFUL!!! The owners put in 110% to keep their guest pleased. The cabins were clean and the lodge was very welcoming and clean. Food and service was fantastic. This is a place I would recommend to friends and family. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
elko
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Antlers MANY times over the last few years with groups of friends for snowmobiling trips. If you are looking for a fancy place to stay, this is not the place for you...BUT, it is a cozy, beautiful, unique, clean, and fun place to stay. I have stayed in almost every cabin on this property. Many reviewers have complained about the fact that the cabins have slanted walls, sloped floors, old appliances, and porches that are detached. I'm not sure what people expect from cabins that were built in the early 1900's??? They do have some new rooms that were recently built, all of which are in perfect condition. I LOVE the fact that the rooms have a true "cabin" feel to them and show their true character and charm! I have never had a dirty room and have always had great room service. I've always thought the beds are comfy, but I'm not a picky person either. The main lodge is absolutely beautiful, and when you read about the history of who built the lodge and when it was built, you truly have a new respect for how incredible the place is!!! We have always had great food and very friendly service, which is what brings us back time and time again! It seems to me that a lot of the people who wrote the bad reviews may have thought they booked a stay at the Hilton. I would absolutely say to stay here and see for yourself before you let any of the poor reviews steer you away...you would be missing out!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I love this place. The best food in town by a long shot! (try the Antlers sundae.) The owners are real people...who fell in love with the area and are working hard to fix up an old place that has real western history! We have stayed twice in the hotels and plan to make Antlers an annual trip. If you are looking for 5 star turn down service or need someone to kiss your butt this is not your place. If you want clean, fun, real people then this is your place! Can not wait to get back to see how things are going.

• Stayed January 2011
Bozeman, Montana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I have been staying at the Antler's Lodge for over 5 years and have enjoyed it every time. The owners have been making significant improvements to the cabins and amenities over the years and this year has by far been the best. There is a new motel and 2 newly remodeled cabins with more on the way in the near future. History for us is that we stayed pretty rustic given the age of the Antler's Lodge, but that suits me just fine for a place like Cooke City, as there should never be a Hilton in Cooke or the entire ambiance would be ruined.

I have stayed at other places in Cooke and always been dissapointed by the noise (could hear straight through the walls which kept me up all night). This has never been the case at the Antler's!

Additionally, we stay often during the winter months and the Antler's has the best food in town! They cook breakfast and dinner daily and everything is delicious.

I highly recommend this is a place to stay, but if you don't want rustic then be sure to request a motel room or even a newly remodeled cabin.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Antlers Lodge Cooke City? Share your experiences!