“Great lunch spot” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Colleyville, Texas
“Great lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stopped by for a quick lunch on the way home from Yellowstone. Great sandwiches, soup, service and pretty great people watching.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Yes. Just yes.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Bob's Bearclaw Bakery deserves the accolades most reviewers here have given it. I'm really sorry two people felt the need to give it one star, and I'm truly dumbfounded that they felt that's what it deserved. In my book, this was one of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten!

Yes, it's a small place. And to say it's eclectic is a bit of an understatement. At one point during our meal, the sheriff walked in (maybe he was a State Trooper?) and he and the owner walked behind the counter of what looked like an auto parts/snowmobile gear/winter rescue store (albeit, on a very small scale), and were looking at some papers. Meanwhile, over in the kitchen, we noted regular customers helping bus tables, dumping garbage in the garbage can, stacking plates by the sink where they were being hand washed, etc.

All that added to the charm -- to say nothing of the killer French toast! If you're in San Diego, you must have breakfast at the Brockton Villa overlooking the ocean. But if you're NOT in San Diego, stop at Bob's Bearclaw Bakery and get their French toast. Oh, my goodness!

In one sense, breakfast can be the most difficult meal for a chef. We each have our own preferences -- what does "over medium" mean to you, vs. someone else? -- and there's some deep emotional attachment to getting our day started with the right meal. In our case, three different definitions of the doneness of bacon were honored, three different kinds of eggs were prepared properly, and did I mention the French toast?

So, yes. Just yes. If you're spending the night in Cooke City, go to Bob's Bearclaw Bakery. Get there early, though; our stomachs did a backflip when the people in front of us nabbed the last two cinnamon rolls!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Stop here for breakfast but go early or late”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Tiny little place serves an excellent and economically priced breakfast. Bakery "to go" if you're in a hurry. Not much left in the bakery after 9:00 a.m. Very popular place with locals and visitors alike.

Visited July 2014
n/a
“How good is this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I wanted to get up and off to Yellowstone early in the morning. Was told that the Beartooth Cafe opened at 5am. I got there at 6am and met Terri (the owner). The smells from the fresh pastries was wonderful! It is a pretty compact operation (shares space with Bearclaw Bob's snowmobile equipment and service), and did not look like a cooked breakfast could be had, but boy was I wrong. The homemade sausage patty was huge and tasty. The French toast from fresh (raisin/cinnamon?) bread was wonderful. It was by far the best breakfast of my 2 week trip. I hope I am through Cooke City again so that I can eat there again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very small place and crowded by locals and tourists because it is good! Try the jalopeno biscuits and gravy! Good taste with a bite!!

Visited July 2014