“Great Motel while near Glacier Park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glacier Inn Motel

Glacier Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia Falls
Glacier Inn Motel
You added Glacier Inn Motel to your Saves list
1401 2nd Ave East, Columbia Falls, MT 59912   |
Calgary
“Great Motel while near Glacier Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

These folks provide a great room, with a great bed and they keep everything very clean. We have stayed here a number of times and we are never disappointed. King bed room or $100.00 how can anyone complain, you will pay that for a room half as good in Whitefish or Kalispell. Call ahead as they fill up quickly.

Room Tip: Call ahead to book or it may be to late
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

GIM met our needs for 2 nights, providing a quick stopover going to, then returning from Glacier National Park & Waterton Park, BC. It is a two floor motel…the upper level is reached from the front of hotel. Drive around back and you park on the lower level. It’s a nice arrangement as there are no stairs to navigate with luggage. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Owner/manager was quick with checking us in and with recommendations for area restaurants. A few minor issues would include:
1. We were in a downstairs room and one morning we were awakened around 6:00am by ‘stompers’ in the room above preparing to leave early on a Saturday morning.
2. Both our rooms had a large liquid soap dispensers for both sink and shower…just like my gym back home. I don’t expect those in a decent motel.
3. We used a Visa to pay (didn’t take AMEX) and were charged a 3% upcharge for using credit card. Yeah, it was only about $3, but for more than $100 a night, I’d expect a motel to price that into the base rate.
4. No hair dryer in room
Overall, the rooms are clean, comfortable, and convenient for a stopover while visiting Glacier National Park.

Southington, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked this hotel in January for a July stay. In my notes, it said to confirm so I called on the Monday before my stay and was given my room number. When we showed up just after 6, they had given away my room and we had to scramble to find other arrangements on a busy July weekend. We were told you must show up or call and confirm before 5 on the day of check in. Don't make my mistake. Insist on putting your room on a credit card even if it's not their normal practice. It could've ruined my vacation.

Room Tip: Confirm! Confirm! Confirm! Before 5 THAT day or put on card!!
Fox Creek, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed in Glacier Inn Motel July 3 & 4, 2013. Josh greeted us and we enjoyed visiting with him throughout out stay. Very clean, updated and comfortable rooms. Air conditioner was turned on by staff before our arrival and it was greatly appreciated during the 97 F weather. Nice lawn chairs in front of room to enjoy the great weather. Thanks to all staff for making this a great stop on our motorcycle trip through the USA.

Stowe, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I learned in Hotel Management School a simple rule to make guests happy. Everyone needs three things for an enjoyable overnight stay: clean rooms, great beds and plenty of hot water. Glacier Inn Motel has all that, in fact their beds match any top European five star hotel.

We used to stay in Glacier lodges, but their lack of amenities and old beds gets tiring, literally.
Staying outside the park offers a more open mind to experience more of Montana. Now we enjoy
evenings in Whitefish or a crazy 4th of July night in Hungry Horse watching the town outdo themselves with fireworks! We venture early most days to enjoy the park, but staying " off
Campus " is enjoyable. A family run motel set off the road is more fun than a big non air conditioned lodge run by a concessionaire.

Room Tip: Front side rooms have deck chairs looking at the mountains, and two room suites are great for couple...
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights while visiting family and the national parks. The area is nice, the rooms are beautiful, the bed is amazing and huge! I'm not used to having to stretch my leg out completely across the bed and roll to find my husband on the other side, it is wonderfully soft and cushioned. We slept like babes. The room has everything,mini fridge, coffee maker, iron,& board,but no hairdryer. Even the lower end motels that we stayed in had hair dryers, I think that they could have done without some of the decorative vases and bought something of use like a hairdryer! Also, they don't except pets. Which was an inconvenience for us, as we take our puppy everywhere. And he's a good boy, doesn't bark, crate trained, has very good hotel manners. I would be more understanding if they would charge a fee for pets, it would weed out the bad ones. I would much rather have my pet there than some of the people that rented the room next door... my dog has better manners than they did. For those two reasons alone, we left a day early. It is expensive for a night, we're talking $120 and that doesn't come with breakfast or anything. You would get 5 stars, but no breakfast and not dog friendly, sorry..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rio rancho nm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the Glacier Inn Motel for 3 nights while visiting Glacier NP. The Columbia Falls visitor center is across the street as well as a nice park. Behind the motel is a residential area and the Columbia River is within walking distance from the motel. We walked to town to do our laundry and to shop. The motel owners were very friendly and helpful. They offered to let me use their phone to call my husband when I could not get cell phone service. The motel sets back from the highway so it is quiet and we enjoyed sitting outside of our rooms in the evening watching the sun setting. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and it is only about 20 minutes to Glacier NP. I would stay here again if I ever get to travel to this beautiful part of the United States.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Glacier Inn Motel? Share your experiences!