Montana Paradise 115 Acres on the Beautiful Shields River

Saved Save
You added Montana Paradise 115 Acres on the Beautiful Shields River to your Saves list.
Fat Fish

Bobbi W
Galena, Illinois
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

The true essence of this vacation ranch cannot be captured though pictures or text. This was one of the most impressive vacation rentals I have stayed at, from the first-class customer service to the overall landscaping and serene beauty of the area.

The layout of the property is spacious and easy to walk/drive around (especially in the golf carts). It felt as though everyone was close but also had plenty of room to spread out. There are two cabins located right off the river. I woke up to the sound of birds and running water which speaks for itself, not to mention the bed mattresses and sheets which are fit for a queen. A few of us made a campfire by the river one of the nights; went on several hikes around the property, and I had the opportunity to enjoy a good book by the riverside.

The Barn was a perfect place for our group to gather, including the dogs! Some played games in the field while others relaxed by the pond. The upstairs of the barn was the ultimate adult and kid play area for our group, they have a variety of games, and there was plenty of room for our group to spread out. The kitchen is industrial size and a dream for any cook – even the “cook-wannabe” like myself. The entire rental was very clean and more than what I expected.

The customer service was impeccable. The owners/hosts went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Addie taught our group her family favorite dice game called “Roll-Em”. Deborah helped situate our group and gave each of our group members a tour upon arrival. They even ran a few special errands for us at the grocery store – above and beyond.

I would highly recommend this ranch to both small and large groups; I can’t speak highly enough of my experience – thanks Double T! My boyfriend didn’t want me to write a review because he was afraid there wouldn’t be reservations available for next year!

5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: With Friends
Jennifer...
Bozeman
“Holy Ranch Retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 for a stay in August 2011

If you haven't been to Montana, you need to come straight here. This is one of the coolest ranch getaways in the state. It is perfect for family reunions, or just a weekend away. Addie and Mitch are fun and personable. It's like you've known them forever. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Traveling group: Large Group/Tour
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Andy B
Madison, Wisconsin
“One of the most relaxing, serene, and unforgettable places I've stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

I am a graduate student and stayed at the Double T River Ranch with some friends during our spring break and it was just the vacation I needed! Our program is very intense so I was looking forward to getting away and I couldn't think of a better place to do so. Every morning I woke up hearing the sound of the river just outside our cabin and one morning I sat on the patio with a cup of coffee soaking in the fresh mountain air, watching the river, and clearing my thoughts.

"At the ranch, everyone moves at their own pace, with the freedom to do whatever they want." This phrase was stated multiple times by my friend who recommended us to the ranch and I think it sums up my experience perfectly. The "Party Barn" was a great central location for everyone to hang out; with a big screen TV, shuffle board, ping pong, pool, arcade games and a huge dining area, there was MORE than enough to keep us busy. Then, when I wanted to steal away and go for a walk to take in the beautiful views of the mountains in the distance or the steady stream of the river running by the two cabins located some distance from the barn, I could. It provided the perfect mix of social time and solitary time, I can't say enough about the experience. Oh and by the way...there's also a regulation bocce ball court, nice new basketball hoop, bikes to go on bike rides to downtown Clyde Park (a really cool, small town), a hot tub, small pond to go swimming in, and in the summer I hear they put up volleyball nets! Since we only stayed for 3 days we obviously didn't get to do all these things, but I'm pretty sure I could have stayed entertained for months!

This review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the hospitality that was shown to my group by the owners of the ranch as well. I haven't met a more accommodating group of people in my life! It's really nice to know that not only did I have an amazing time, but it feels good to support a business being run by genuinely kind, good people. The effort they put into every detail of the ranch was incredible, from the individual fireplaces in both cabins to the pressed sheets on the beds. It was definitely the classiest resort I've ever stayed at.

In short, The Double T River Ranch is the perfect getaway for any group, young or old, and I will be making many more visits!

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: All of the activities available
Liked least: Leaving!
Traveling group: With Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
ammongene...
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Old Fashion American Christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 for a stay in December 2011

I am going to school in Denmark and wanted to spend Christmas in Montana. With all the pressure from school it was unbelievably relaxing to sit around the fire listening to Christmas music and telling stories with the perfect setting for an old fashion Christmas. One of the days we actually rode on a two horse open sleigh. It was an amazing time and I cannot thank the Double T River Ranch enough for everything they did to make it the perfect Christmas.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The views from every window in the ranch
Friends getaway Families with young children
DeltaD_11
Montana
“Wow - what a great place for a large group!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011 for a stay in December 2011

I booked the Double T with my extended family for an anniversary party for my parents. We're all native Montanans and still felt like we were on a wonderful vacation. The place is beautiful, the accommodations are so clean and comfortable and there is something to do for everyone. Absolutely everything you could need is there. We cooked, played games, went for walks, sat in the hot tub, played shuffleboard and pool. People could be with the group or take a break and relax in their own cabin. Everyone in my family raved that it was one of the best times they'd ever had. The owners are unbelievably accommodating and helpful. I think I'd forgotten what true hospitality and customer service was like until dealing with Addie and Deborah. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer, but we're already looking for a birthday, anniversary or other excuse to come back! I would highly recommend the Double T for any group wanting to relax and spend time with each other as well as enjoy the outdoors.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Everything! It was beautiful, comfortable, relaxing and fun!
Liked least: I can't think of anything that could be improved.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
mishka201...
Southern California
“Double T River Ranch Exceeded All Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

A dream vacation! Stayed at the Double T with family and friends 08/1/11 - 08/7/11. Every single one of us had the time of our lives! Beautiful surroundings, extra clean and comfortable accomodations. Hosts Addie & Mitch provided every single thing we needed, and provided perfect resources for extras. Love the Double T! I was a guest, so I couldn't comment on the "Value", but I'm sure it's excellent, too. Everyone (all extensive travelers) agreed they would love to come back next year for our annual trip. Amazing! Oh yeah, the fishing was great, too :)

5 of 5 stars Rooms 5 of 5 stars Location
5 of 5 stars Cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Aug 9, 2011
Michele - thank you so much! We are so glad it was a dream vacation for your group. You were dream guests! Please please please come back!
jennyjean...
Keller, Texas
“What a Wondeful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

We just returned from a week at the Double T kicking and screaming! What a wonderful place for our entire family to enjoy! We were able to escape the Texas heat and spend full days in the splendor of the great outdoors! The Double T has thought of all of your needs- they have everything you might have forgotten stocked in the bathrooms, bikes of every size for all, games galore, etc! The location is close to town, but you feel like you are world's away on the property. Quiet, pristine and full of wildlife... we can't wait to go back!

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range I prefer not to answer
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Jul 22, 2011
Thank you so much, Jenny! We miss you guys and really hope to see you again. You have a truly lovely family. Hope you are not dying in the heat......sounds awful. Maybe you should come back and float on the pond to cool off! All the best from all of us. Addie
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$2,400
/ Night
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Addie Foster
Speaks English
Listed since : Feb 2010
Response Rate: 100 %
Response Time: Within two days
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing