“The Lodge at Eagle Rock” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Eagle Rock

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cascade
The Lodge at Eagle Rock
You added The Lodge at Eagle Rock to your Saves list
4 Cooper Drive, Cascade, MT 59421   |
Santa Barbara, California
“The Lodge at Eagle Rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Lodge at Eagle Rock is a great choice to fish the fabled Missouri. The lodge is roomy, comfortable and well appointed. The food is excellent and well presented. The staff could not be more accomodating and helpful. The guides are top notch and offer a variety of fishing options including jet boating up the river to "the land of the giants." I recommend it without qualification.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Redwood City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was my fourth stay at this five star fishing lodge on the Missouri River. Where do I start? Excellent accommodations, expert guides, gourmet meals and top rate staff. Then there is the fish. I am new at fly-fishing and always leave the river fully satisfied with a great day of fishing, due to the patience and skill of the guides. After a full day on the river, I relax back at the lodge with a cocktail watching the river, bald eagles and swap stories with the other guests. The meals are created by Jeffrey, a classically trained chef, and are delicious. I heartily recommend this lodge to anyone who wants to fly-fish in luxury in one of the most beautiful spots on earth.

Room Tip: The rooms are all roomy- each have flat screen televisions.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Spending a week at The Lodge at Eagle Rock was one of the most memorable guys trips I have taken. The food is extraordinary - Jeff is a fantastic cook and served great steaks, ribs, desserts for dinner and huge breakfasts to start our day. The Lodge itself is wonderful - top end Montana-style furniture and decorations, huge stone fireplace, lots of social area with pool table, shuffleboard, ping pong, and giant wood bar. The rooms are big and comfortable and the bathrooms are massive. There is a nice deck in the back, and fire pit by the riverside. Megan is the hostess and makes sure everyone is having a great time - she's fun and energetic and will make sure everyone has a drink in hand as well as hang out by the fire with the guys, shooting the breeze about the day. Jennifer runs the lodge and is fantastic - she made sure we were all well taken care of, really optimizing for our schedules (versus the Lodge's schedule), and is both gracious and effective in making sure our visit was everything we wanted it to be. Then there's the fishing... I've fished Montana before, but Jason (the main fishing guide) is world class. Not only did he and his guides put us on great fish all week (and I mean amazing rainbow and browns) but he is one of the most personable, funny and witty guys you will ever spend time with. My stomach muscles are still sore from laughing so much on the river with him and my friends. I could go on and on, but the Lodge and the people who work there are a magic combination. I will be going back for many years.

Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were lucky enough to stay at the Lodge at Eagle Rock for four days this past week, and it was the most incredible fishing trip I have ever been on! Usually, the lodge is great and the fishing is so-so, or the fishing is incredible and the lodge is just O.K. The Lodge at Eagle Rock has it all. Incredible upscale authentic Western feel with insane food and the trout fishing was unlike anything I had experienced before. It is literally hard to catch anything less than 18". You will feel right at home with their beautifully stocked, complimentary bar after a long day on the river. They have it all. The rooms and beds are so comfortable that after a long day on the river, you couldn't ask for anything better. You will get to know the staff while you are there as well, and they all have great personalities and senses of humor. They have one of the best chefs in Montana and you will be blown away by the meals. They have wireless, although you almost wish they didn't. Situated right on the Missouri, the die hards in our group even fished the late evening hatch after a full guided day on the river. We opted for massage! The guides are some the best on the river, have incredible knowledge, and worked their tails off for us. It was the ultimate experience. Whatever we wanted, they made it happen. Already booked the same week for next year! Can't wait! Ask for Jenn or Meghan and they will make it all happen.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Just had one of the best fishing trips of my life. It wasn't just because of the great fishing on the Missouri but also because of the great hospitality and ammenities at the Lodge at Eagle Rock. The food was delicious (biscuits and gravy and steaks and ribs were out of this world!) and the staff is so friendly they felt as though they were part of our group. I alos loved our guides. They put us on BIG fish immediately. Every drift felt like the chance at a trophy.
I can't wait to go back next year with an even bigger party. I need to share the fun.

Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The fishing was world class, I caught the most and biggest fish of my life, but it didn’t stop there. This team provides the best hospitality to go with the fishing. The lodge is perfectly beautiful and comfortable and the staff assures that it all feels natural and smooth. They are very personable and accommodating. The food is expertly prepared and served. I’m booking now before they get filled up for next season.

Truckee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were lucky enough to be on of the first groups to stay at this beautiful lodge. The food was absolutely fabulous and the accommodations - especially the great room - stunning. But I can't stay enough about the fishing and guides. We were a mixed group and each boat was paired with the perfect guide. Everybody caught rainbows and brown trouts - big smiles all around.
Lunch on the river was a treat with delicious sandwiches (even our vegetarian was pleased with her selection). Evenings were filled with great food, pool and shuffleboard - great time had by all.
Thanks to the staff for making our stay perfect!

Room Tip: Rooms are two doubles in each room. We had a beautiful stone bathroom with a huge shower.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Lodge at Eagle Rock? Share your experiences!