“LOVE THE BREAKFAST SKILLET-STAFF IS WONDERFUL” 5 of 5 stars

406-782-6587
Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 93 Restaurants in Butte
Southwest Montana
“LOVE THE BREAKFAST SKILLET-STAFF IS WONDERFUL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We take my elderley Father to Butte to the Dr. once in a while and love to eat at this place. Not only is the food delicious-the staff is very nice. My father uses a walker and it is a long way to get to the tables for him so I call ahead and right by the handicap parking they have an exit door which they let us in--and save us a booth!! Talk about kind!! We have eaten there probably 5 or 6 times, and each time everything has been great! I would like to thank Kelly also who was our last server that helped us in and was very pleasant!!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Butte, Montana
“NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I have no idea where the people ate that gave Chef's Garden a good review. It couldn't have been farther from the truth.

The service was excellent but probably because we were the only one's in the restaurant on a Friday night. That was our first clue.

I do have to say the fresh bread and garlic butter served with the meal was the best part. The salad was sopping with dressing and was not eatable.

I asked the waitress her suggestions on a pasta dish. She recommended the Penne Pesto Chicken. It sounded great from the description on the menu, so I took her advice and ordered it. When it came out it looked good, but my first bite was utterly disgusting. The chicken was so dry, it tasted like it had been cooking all day. I don't know what the sauce was but it definitely didn't taste like pesto. I couldn't take another bite.

My husband ordered the lasagna and was not impressed. It was a small portion, miniscule portions of meat and vegetables, just hard noodles and a pound of cheese on top. I have bought much better, frozen in a grocery store. The bread that came on the side was very hard and gross.

I was still hungry since I couldn't stand to eat my pasta dish, we ended up going through the Taco Bell drive through........................ Needless to say we will NEVER be dining at Chef's Garden again!

We didn't pay much attention to the prices and were astonished to find out the pasta was $17 and the lasagna was $14!

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton
“Best Italian food made from scratch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

This is the best Italian food I've had in a long time. All menu items are made from scratch and not pre-made and bought from a food purveyor. All fresh ingredients. A real find in the middle of a mining town in Montana!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
butte
“Great Italian Food and large breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

One of my favorite restaurants. The atmosphere is like being on an Italian street with the murals and decor. The food is really good and plentiful for the price.(my favotite is the crusted calamari) The breakfast are well portioned and the price very reasonable.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Butte
“Stay away from Chefs Garden”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

If it wasn't for the bar and casino, chefs garden would be out of business. The food is bland, some with no flavor at all. The marinara sauce taste like watered tomato paste. The service is great, but the food is the worst I have ever tasted. An overcooked hotdog from the corner store would be better.