“Cold, Cold,Cold” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Cornell Ave, Butte, MT 59701 (Formerly Butte War Bonnet Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Butte
Helena, Montana
“Cold, Cold,Cold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were in Butte for a basketball tournament and had two girls ages 13 with us. Of course, the main draw for them was the pool. The water was cold so they didn't enjoy it. When we drew this to the attention of the manager he said whatever he looked said the water was warm. He did not test the water itself. There were no people who stayed in the pool for more than a few minutes. The next morning at breakfast, the plates were so cold that they must have come from the freezer. The food also was on the cool side. The halls were cold, but we turned the heat up in the room when we first arrived and then could not get the heat to shut off. Also the room phone did not work even after they brought in a different one. A very unhappy stay! I usually like Quality Inns but this one was not up to the standards that I have come to expect.

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kingman, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wires hanging from the hallway ceilings. paint and wall paper peeling everywhere. Breakfast was a joke. Food not held at safe temps. Honey in the packets were rock hard. Pool was cold. Room smelled so they "UP GRADED" me. Not any better. We were told the wireless internet was working but after 3 days we still could not get it. OH...AND THE BARKING DOGS. This place is not a "QUALITY" Inn...

Room Tip: stay away....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We could not get our room warm enough to sleep properly because the room heater temp. setting would only go up to a set temp..Also, all the outside cold air was going right thru the window! And,the parking lot and stepps coming in were badly iced over---very dangerous to walk on. Also, the hottub was not filled with water and the sauna was out-of-order. One good point: breakfast buffet was quite good...

Room Tip: Try to not stay on the first floor and maybe your room will be better!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had a very good overall experience of my stay at this hotel. Staff was very friendly and ready to help any time. Also I like hot tub and nice and clean pool. Hot breakfast and clean & comfy rooms made my stay comfortable.

Whitefish
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I called to ask about a discount, the manager Vic, acted like I was asking for an arm or a leg, very very bad communication skills. I will follow up with a call to the corporate office. I have worked in the hospitality field for a total of 20 plus years and my personal feeling about the way he handles business is terrible. He needs to go back to school and learn how to treat potential customers, no wonder the reviews are so low for this facility. I would rather stay in a tent than to give this establishment my business.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Portland OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I made a quick overnight trip to Butte MT. We made reservations on line. We have never stayed at this hotel before and we were so very impressed. We were greeted immediately. The lobby was bright and cheery. The room was super clean and very comfortable. Where the WOW comes in was from the wonderful lady who checked us in. She was very polite and friendly. These type of people are far and few between it seems nowdays. We wll be back again..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is the first negative review I've posted, but I felt compelled to save someone the bad experience I had. This was supposed to be a fun, relaxing trip to visit family in Butte, but the bad conditions of this motel was a real downer. First, it was very cold and the heater in our room quit working. Someone came to look at it and got it working by unplugging it and plugging it back in. Then it stopped working again and the unplugging trick didn't work. They moved us to a new room, which took time away from family as we were all unpacked in the first room. The jets in the hot tub didn't work and the hot tub was dirty, the pool was pretty chilly, the sauna was out of order and the next morning there was no hot water. The boiler went out in the middle of the night. We were okay to wait and shower when the water got hot again, but my parents had to drive home without showers. The TV in their room didn't work properly - the picture would go wonky requiring you to whack it on top to get it back. One side of the motel was closed for renovation so I guess they'll be getting to the side we stayed on at some point, I hope. When I checked out, I suggested that our first night be free due to the heater problem and received a $30 discount, which is better than a poke in the eye I suppose. The staff was nice - trying to make the best of a bad situation. Do yourself a favor and spend $10 - $20 more to stay at one of the other nearby motels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!