My 18 year old chose to go to college in this area so I’ve been to Butte 3 times in the last 8 months. The weekend we stayed in June 2012 had a lot of events in town so my favorite hotel was already booked. After checking some other places out and noting that this hotel had a swimming pool and breakfast included, we chose to stay here.
Our first issue was locating the hotel, I’d booked the War Bonnet but couldn’t find it and we discovered there was a Quality Inn at the address. Plus the hotel in real life looked NOTHING like the pictures so I really couldn’t tell if we were even in the right place. (By nothing, I mean nothing, not even a slight resemblance.) They’ve been bought out apparently which would have been nice to know.
The hotel and room were nice enough and clean enough to tolerate on first glance but there were a lot of little things that when added up made this stay unpleasant.
• This hotel is ON the highway. By on, I mean located just a few feet from the highway off ramp. (See pictures)
• The hotel was very HOT, the room was warm and the hallways are warm. On our last day there we saw a fan on the people working the front desk. (See pictures)
• The A/C in our room barely functioned. That was a huge problem because as I mentioned the hotel is HOT! It took until 4 AM the first night to get the room cool enough to really sleep and we had to be somewhere early, we didn’t have time to change rooms. Oh, and you couldn’t open the window more than a few inches. It was 50 outside and 90 inside.
• The TV had a short in the connection to cable so we had sound but not always picture.
• Because the room was so hot I’d ripped all the bedding off exposing the box spring. I wish I hadn’t seen the stain I did while packing to leave. I can’t believe I slept near that. OMG.
• The dining room never seemed to be open for dinner, they always had a note up that it was closed today so please go to the lounge for food. I was traveling with a 17 year old who wanted to eat one night; she didn’t want to go to the lounge for anything.
• Our keys constantly needed to be reprogrammed. I kept putting them in different places in our purses trying to think of what could be causing the issue. Finally I left one key in our room all day, came back and tried using it to get in after swimming and it didn’t work!?!?!?
• The teenagers were all bitten by mosquitos while sitting in the indoor hot tub.
• Breakfast was OK. They offer a hot breakfast eggs, sausage, toast etc… They had a bunch of bread out including English muffins, but no way to toast them.
• The pool was OK, however it was closed on the first day of our visit. Remember, I chose this hotel because of the pool and the breakfast so that was disappointing after a long drive.
I wanted to tell the staff about all these issues so I personally went to the front desk to check out. Well, when I got there the two front desk people were having a conversation that was only paused momentarily while I said the words “checking out”. One person walked off the other printed my receipt and handed it to me while simultaneously picking up the telephone (which was NOT ringing). They didn’t seem very interested in how my stay was. Too bad for them, I plan to be in the area several times a year for the next four years.
Overall, there was nothing that made me leave the hotel immediately but lots of irritating things that convinced me never to go back again. I give it a D+ as in not a complete failure but not passing either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn & Suites serves the needs of our leisure, business, military, and government travelers all at the same time. We offer the most spacious guest rooms in town and a fine list of standard amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Butte
- Quality Inn And Suites
- Butte Red Lion
- Red Lion Butte