“We give it a D+. Not quite failing but not meeting expectations either.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Cornell Ave, Butte, MT 59701 (Formerly Butte War Bonnet Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Butte
Portland
“We give it a D+. Not quite failing but not meeting expectations either.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My 18 year old chose to go to college in this area so I’ve been to Butte 3 times in the last 8 months. The weekend we stayed in June 2012 had a lot of events in town so my favorite hotel was already booked. After checking some other places out and noting that this hotel had a swimming pool and breakfast included, we chose to stay here.
Our first issue was locating the hotel, I’d booked the War Bonnet but couldn’t find it and we discovered there was a Quality Inn at the address. Plus the hotel in real life looked NOTHING like the pictures so I really couldn’t tell if we were even in the right place. (By nothing, I mean nothing, not even a slight resemblance.) They’ve been bought out apparently which would have been nice to know.
The hotel and room were nice enough and clean enough to tolerate on first glance but there were a lot of little things that when added up made this stay unpleasant.
• This hotel is ON the highway. By on, I mean located just a few feet from the highway off ramp. (See pictures)
• The hotel was very HOT, the room was warm and the hallways are warm. On our last day there we saw a fan on the people working the front desk. (See pictures)
• The A/C in our room barely functioned. That was a huge problem because as I mentioned the hotel is HOT! It took until 4 AM the first night to get the room cool enough to really sleep and we had to be somewhere early, we didn’t have time to change rooms. Oh, and you couldn’t open the window more than a few inches. It was 50 outside and 90 inside.
• The TV had a short in the connection to cable so we had sound but not always picture.
• Because the room was so hot I’d ripped all the bedding off exposing the box spring. I wish I hadn’t seen the stain I did while packing to leave. I can’t believe I slept near that. OMG.
• The dining room never seemed to be open for dinner, they always had a note up that it was closed today so please go to the lounge for food. I was traveling with a 17 year old who wanted to eat one night; she didn’t want to go to the lounge for anything.
• Our keys constantly needed to be reprogrammed. I kept putting them in different places in our purses trying to think of what could be causing the issue. Finally I left one key in our room all day, came back and tried using it to get in after swimming and it didn’t work!?!?!?
• The teenagers were all bitten by mosquitos while sitting in the indoor hot tub.
• Breakfast was OK. They offer a hot breakfast eggs, sausage, toast etc… They had a bunch of bread out including English muffins, but no way to toast them.
• The pool was OK, however it was closed on the first day of our visit. Remember, I chose this hotel because of the pool and the breakfast so that was disappointing after a long drive.
I wanted to tell the staff about all these issues so I personally went to the front desk to check out. Well, when I got there the two front desk people were having a conversation that was only paused momentarily while I said the words “checking out”. One person walked off the other printed my receipt and handed it to me while simultaneously picking up the telephone (which was NOT ringing). They didn’t seem very interested in how my stay was. Too bad for them, I plan to be in the area several times a year for the next four years.
Overall, there was nothing that made me leave the hotel immediately but lots of irritating things that convinced me never to go back again. I give it a D+ as in not a complete failure but not passing either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I am hoping that Quality Inn's recent purchase of the War Bonnet Hotel is with the plan of doing a massive upgrade! The rooms and hallways are all very dated and worn. The room itself was satisfactory but the AC was noisy and there were lots of sign of wear and tear, including a bathroom door that didn't latch. For the price, it was adequate but certainly room for improvement! The 'hot breakfast' was decent for a 'free meal.'

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Room fine but bathroom exceptionally small. Basin etc separate. Breakfast probably best thing about it, good choice cereals, waffles juice etc and nice scrambled eggs sausage links and country fried potatoes. Staff on check in appeared to be doing me a huge favour by letting me check in slightly early but had made no comment to two previous customers. Check out fine friendly and efficient. The only way i can describe this large hotel is souless.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Beds hard as a rock.small stain on sheet.water in shower randomly went from the right temp to scalding hot and cold.dirty carpet along the walls and register heat was tough to regulate.only good thing was the sink was outside of the shower so I could get ready while husband showered!

• Stayed May 2012
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Heres the good: large room - flat screen - fridge - micro - comfy king bed - quiet and a good breakfast buffet - free wifi - The not so good: My pet peeve Black mold in the corners of the shower and the hot water will SCALD you!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The War Bonnet was a tired 70's style Holiday Inn type property. New ownership recently bought the hotel and franchised with Quality. According to the staff, renovations will be underway soon. I new boiler will be installed next week to eliminate the water temp problem in the showers. I was scalded with the temperature change. The bed in my room was excellent and the furniture although old was more than adequate. Corners around the walls haven't been vacuumed in quite a while, but new cleaning equipment was recently purchased. The staff was really nice, but most were new. My favorite staff member was the breakfast attendant who couldn't do enough to make sure I was well taken care of. The wireless internet was the best I've had in quite awhile. I will stay at the property again and see the upgrades as they happen.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed here for St. Pats day and oh man i had a blast. we checked in late because the room wasnt ready, but that turned out to be the only glitch. Me and my friends took the bus uptown had fun and came back to the hotel and had an even better time. the lounge was great, the food was great, and the service was awesome. the front desk staff on the afternoon were so cool to us, and the girl with the tie on was GORGEOUS!! a plus always! we'll be back definitely. thanks for a great stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!