“Very friendly; good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Eddy's Motel
1205 S Montana Avenue, Butte, MT 59701   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Butte
New Boston
“Very friendly; good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Eddy's is a 50's kind of motel with modern upgrades such as microwave; refrigerator, and TV. Though it's conveniently located just a few blocks from Butte's historic uptown, it was quiet. The bed was very comfortable, the manager's were very friendly, and we'll stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Butte, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I recently moved to Butte but I came up in May and stayed at Eddy's for about a week to secure housing. My experience was so pleasant, I would tell everyone visiting Butte to stay at Eddy's Motel. I had everything I needed and it didn't cost an arm and a leg, plus the people who work there are friendly and VERY ACCOMMODATING. That's why when we made it to Butte after a four-day drive with our 12 year-old Golden Retriever mix, we couldn't WAIT to check in at Eddy's. We were greeted in the parking lot by Wildflower and Shadow with warm hugs all around. If you're looking for a homey lodging experience, Eddy's Motel is your best bet!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I asked for non-smoking room---I got a non-smoking room, however it reaked of cat urine in fact the main door to the room and the bathroom door were both steel doors and the bottoms were rusted to the point that they had holes in them from cats urinating on them! I had already checked for other vacancies in the area,there were none,so I stayed. I would not do it again! I would drive for miles to avoid this place!

Room Tip: if you insist on staying here,inspect the room before you pay!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
comfymotel, Manager at Eddy's Motel, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
I am sorry for your unpleasant experience at Eddy's Motel. I do admit that our some of our outter doors have rust, which is something we are addressing this summer. We have never had cats here, and our non smoking rooms are also non-dog rooms with the exception of one room. I don't know what odor you were referring to, however we always encourage our guests to bring any problems to our attention when they are visting us so the issues may be addressed.
Park City, MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Loved it. I've always had a spot for older motels Eddy's is 40s era but well maintained. Dog-friendly. Biker-friendly. We stayed there for the Montana Folk Festival and had a great time. Wildflower and Shadow Rider are great! If we get back to Butte we'll be staying at Eddy's.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
comfymotel, Manager at Eddy's Motel, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
We're happy your stay with us was a memorable one and we look forward to seeing you again.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

The best thing clearly was the staff. The woman, whom I assume was the owner, was very welcoming, informed me of all the necessary details, lobby hours, and suggested a nearby restaurant.
However, the rooms are very small, and old. The room was clean, had a musty sort of smell that we put down to age, but there are vents in the wall and floor that are incredibly dusty, and there is a window to the outside from the shower.
If you are watching your budget, and want a place to stay with a comfy bed, reasonable free internet and cable, then stay here. They even thought to put blue towels in the rooms with a note requesting that they be used instead of the white towels if you need to wipe pets or cars or anything dirty.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
quartzite arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

The Managers, maids, and tenants were all so polite and accomodating in every aspect. I truly felt as though I were staying at a 4 star Motel. The rooms and property were in excellent condition, and the peace and quiet was a Blessing in itself. I will surely come again anytime that I am in the area and staying over night.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great !!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We chose Eddy's for the price. We will stay AGAIN for the comfort, cleanliness, friendliness and just all around wonderful stay. This is such a nice change from the "customized" stay at a chain hotel/motel. Its charm from the ordinary is so warm and unique. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend Eddy’s to all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Eddy's Motel? Share your experiences!