“You have to be a local” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 93 Restaurants in Butte
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“You have to be a local”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Visiting Butte on business, my fellow co-workers recommended the derby. When I got there, I felt as if I was outcast because nobody knew who I was. Everywhere else in Butte the people are so friendly and welcoming, I did not get that feeling at the derby. The food was ok - but the whole atmosphere was a let down. I personally would not go out of my way to return to the derby anytime soon.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“What A Joke!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a horrible experience at the derby, to start with we weren't promptly greeted at the door because one of the older female staff members was downgrading the host in front of everyone at the door, once we were seated we received a pleasant greeting from our waitress who I believe her name was Kristie. However to begin our meal we got bread that was old stale and not warm. The next part was our salad that was drowned in dressing and I prefer some lettuce with a "salad". My husband and I both ordered two rib eyes between medium and medium well and both came out barely close to medium rare. In the mean time while waiting for our entrée a gentleman, who I'm assuming must be the owner walks directly in from the parking lot with a handful of trash, throws it away, doesn't even wash his hands and proceeded to walk behind the grill and from our booth we observed him go and touch all the food behind the cooks. After a few minutes he goes around to talk to tables dressed in what can best be describes as rags. based on his appearance and behavior I can only imagine the overall cleanliness and food safety practiced by his staff. We left completely disgusted and would not recommend to anyone And will definitely not be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio
“Vacation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place is good if you just want a drink or sandwich. The bartender is great - he pours a great drink. However, the steaks are terrible. They apply a heavily seasoned garlic salt that basically make the steak inedible. So if it is steak you want - stay away from this place!

Visited July 2013
Redding, California
“not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We asked at our hotel for the best steak house in Butte. We got the most expensive not the best. The new york steak was a thin strip of marble. The seasonings were different not my choice. The chicken was tough and the flavor just yuck. The carrots and potatos with the meal were under cooked and it was really expensive. The staff was really nice!

Visited April 2013
Stettler, Canada
“Better than most reviews state.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Came here on recomendation from hotel staff. Was a little worried after reading some of the reviews, we were seated promptly, our waitress Kristie was very attentive, the food was tasty & hot. The menu is a little limited but the food quality is worth stopping in for.

• Visited March 2013