“Above average motel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southampton
“Above average motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This a large hotel. Our room was on the ground floor and rather gloomy with a strange smell. I asked for a bottle of spray to use, which alleviated the odour for a few hours. However, there is a strip of grass by the main door obviously used as a pet loo. Some people like to travel with their pets. We don't and would prefer that any doggy loos are located well away from the main building.
The guest laundry is good, with modern front loading machines and very competent dryers. There is a slow computer for guest use. The b/fast is in the upper range of motel fare.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Trina_Peterson, Manager at Comfort Inn of Butte, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, our staff will be pleased to read this.

We hope to see you in the future..

Butte Comfort Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was not planning on stopping in Butte, but due to car problems I was delayed. The shop that I took my car to told me about a deal that they had with Comfort Inn for a discounted rate and at that point I just wanted to get settled so I didn't shop around for other hotels. I was very glad that I didn't because Comfort Inn gave me a very generous discount due to the circumstances and the hotel was very accommodating. They provided a free shuttle to the garage, the best hotel breakfast that I've ever had, and so many other amenities that made my stay fabulous!!! They even had built in filtered water dispensers in the hallway, an amazing pool (which I unfortunately had such a good night's sleep I overslept and didn't get a chance to take advantage of, but I did go and check it out and it was very nice), a beautiful fitness center and to top it all off everyone of the staff that I encountered was very friendly and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler looking for a great night's sleep, great breakfast, and amazing hospitality!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your response and thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again on other circumstances.. Our entire staff will be pleased to read your review..

Havre, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Spent night in August with grandchildren and of course loved the pool. Room was clean and quiet considering it is next to interstate and so was our room. Staff was very helpful and considerate. Breakfast was great, offering a varity of items for all . Also got to use senior discount. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review as we are happy to hear that you and your grandchildren enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Billings, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had to spend the night for business, and bring my dog. I appreciated being able to bring her for only a $20.00 additional charge, bringing the room total to $129. Unfortunately, there's no grass around the place for a dog to do her business, it's all landscaped with lavarock and gravel. The room was clean and decent, with a fridge, microwave, good TV and comfortable bed, but the carpets are really filthy and the location is next to the highway. There's a nice looking pool, hot tub, and fitness room, though I didn't use them, the place was packed too full of travelers. You want to book your room in advance here, there are not many options available in Butte and this one is OK so it's busy. The breakfast was very good, bacon and scrambled eggs and the usual muffins, etc. The staff was really all super nice and helpful. Overall, if I need to go back to Butte, I'll stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and your pet. We are going to be in the process of updating our exterior as this is one issue that will be addressed in the makings. As I am reading all reviews I am seeing that a couple of guests have addressed the "dirty carper", we have no excuses for this as I am going to make sure this is taken care of immediately.

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future,

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had the pleasure of traveling about 8,000 miles this summer and stayed at many motels! I would go out of my way to stay at the Comfort Inn of Butte again! It was such a great surprise to find a motel that had all the little extras that made you feel special. The staff were very helpful to include little sweets as you checked in and a morning paper! They helped us find a resturant. The best thing about this motel was that it was especially clean, with fantastic beds and pillows. The air conditioner had already been on before we arrived so the room was a perfect temperature. We fell asleep and actually over slept from the time we planned to leave. The motel was quiet and felt like we were at home! We discussed how perfect the room was and I just had to give this motel some Kudos for job well done!

Room Tip: This was the best motel I stayed in the western states. I imagine all rooms were lovely!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words as we share "ALL" reviews with our entire staff, good or bad..they will be very pleased to read yours. Reviews help us know when we are doing good and most importantly what we need to impove on to keep our guests happy and coming back.

Again, thank you as we look forward to seeing you in the future,

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just for the record the rooms are clean BUT the carpets are FILTHY the staff is super nice and the hotel is in a good location flat screen tvs and all but like I said you are not going to walk around in stocking feet or bare feet.
Plenty of hot water for a shower and they have a usal hotel breakfast lots of casinos and places to eat. If I come back to this area I may stay some where else where I can take my shoes off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review as we are disappointed with your diatisfaction on our cleanliness. We strive hard to keep our property in top shape even during our busy season as we have no excuse for this kind of situation. We are sorry for this inconvenience as we hope that you will give our hotel another chance while you are passing through.

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Stuart,Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed in the Comfort Inn Butte for one night and it was fine for a cheaper hotel. Clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff, prompt airport shuttle at 5 am. No complaints for the price. Would have liked a coffee maker in the room, but it was available in the lobby. Also, the location is convenient to highway, airport, and many restaurants within walking distance. I was pleased. FYI...rooms looked as though they were recently updated. New bedding, flat screen TV, new furniture and light fixtures.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review as we try hard to keep our property in top shape along with our service. We do have individual coffee makers in each of our rooms as they may seem to look alittle foreign as they do not look like your everyday coffee pot, they are single serve. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Butte Comfort Inn

Been to Comfort Inn of Butte? Share your experiences!