“Not too bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Bozeman
Great Falls, MT
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

If you are looking for a room to sleep in with no frills, this fits the bill. The room was clean, the air conditioner/heater worked. The highlight was the pool and slide, although the pool is a little narrow for the slide and once it gets crowded, it made me a little nervous. The pool was very cold, but the kids didn't seem to mind. The breakfast was very basic. Overall, ok stay. At least the rate was decent and it is a good location.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kalispell, MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

02.01.09-Having read the other reviews, I was concerned that I had made a mistake booking thru Orbitz. One thing to consider is there is basically no refund without a huge penalty. Besides that, the other reviewers were TOTAL whiners! The carpets were fine. The help was helpful. The Breakfast Bar was very diverse, complete, fresh and tasty. The double queen room had a micro, fridge and a coffee maker and was VERY clean, and the beds were comfortable and the room was quiet (Room 109). There are only two smoking rooms in the motel- 204,205(I think). Definitely NO smell in my room, and the wireless internet functioned perfectly during our 2 day stay. And the slide in the pool which was open from 9am to 11pm! was VERY fun and the kids REALLY enjoyed it. It only took a week to get the chlorine off my legs. And the dual entry feature worked fine which was a big bonus to carry crap in and out from the vehicle, rather than having to go through the lobby; that way I could carry stuff into the room avoiding the lobby. Again the breakfast bar was extraordinary and I know as a Flight Attendant-one of the best I have seen. You will really enjoy your stay if my experience is any example, and the other advisors who rated this facility are not to be trusted or are extremely critical. Read the positive reviews and believe them. -Christian von Delius alpineglobalprivate@gmail.com

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Bellingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

Noisy, poor service, uncomfortable beds. Overworked employees, surly manager, understaffed housekeeping staff. Trailer technology to heat the rooms. The snow by the door never melted but from 4 feet up it was overwarm, no thermostat on the heaters. The wi-fi never did work, we had to connect to the neighboring motels system. The best part was McDonalds was a short walk across the street.

• Liked — Close to McDonalds and airport
  • Disliked — The manager who seemed to resent my questions
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

I am a traveling salesperson and this hotel was the worst maintained and had the poorest staff of any hotel I have stayed at in my 20 years of business travel.
I think the hotel is a health risk.
1) The room was dirty and even after house keeping cleaned the room was still dirty. Little things like the edge of the bed,
Coffee machine, or the Bathtub/ Showers was not clean.
2) The telephone did not work
3) There was no toilet paper and the desk manager
handed me a roll 3/4 used and said he did not know where it was kept.
4) Attitude of the staff was poor at best.
5) Hot tub was not even warm and the hotel had no clean towels for the guest .The Pool had clumps of hair in it. Afterwards I itched.
6) After I complained to both the corporate office and the Hotel -
- I was sent a letter from both but neither addressed my concerns
- In fact the Manager of the hotel never even bothered to see what was wrong - I was sent a letter - Sorry you had a bad stay and next time you would get 10% off when you stay at this location.
- What a joke !!!!!!

• Liked — When I left
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

I stayed at the Ramada Limited in Bozeman, Montana on my recent vacation from October 7-11 2008 and had a very comfortable stay there. The hotel was clean, lobby, hallways, room and the staff at the front desk were very nice.

I did not get a chance to try out the pool and hot tub but it looked very inviting.

The breakfast area was always set up and available promptly at 6:00am with a nice selection of cereals, fruit, fruit juices, milk, coffee, tea, cocoa, toast, waffle maker, pastries, muffins.

I would definately stay there again in the future.

• Liked — Clean, Quiet and comfortable room, great breakfast
  • Disliked — A little far from downtown Bozeman
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

This place was a total dump. We made reservations for 2 queen beds. When we showed up they said all they had was one queen -- for the 4 of us. They checked us in. We went to the rooms and they hadn't been made up (it was 7:30 at night). There was no housekeeping there and only one person at the front desk. The breakfast area was so dirty I wouldn't consider eating there. We went out the back door to our car and the hallway was full of garbage. EPA supersite fund for sure.

Go to the Best Western across the street!

• Liked — Leaving it and finding another place to stay
  • Disliked — The whole experience
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
spammmenot
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

This place was awful.

The water slide considered when booking this room, but management did not want to turn it on until late in the morning and turned it off early in the evening.

The desk clerk that checked us in looked like he just woke up, disheveled, lack of a professional dress code.

Reveille was at 7am as the bikers staying at the hotel started their motorcycles--little sound proofing.

The breakfast bar was gross. Things were poorly attended and unclean. Tables and food areas were sticky and crumb filled. Trash cans were overflowing and they quickly ran out of milk.

No elevator.

Walls in the hallways were well-stained and doorways plainly showed a lack of maintenance.

Repairs that were done appeared roughshod and half-done. Screws were visible on the walls, and patched walls were unpainted. The latch bar on the room's door had obviously been broken and reattached--no way this latch would have held off a persistent two-year old.

The coffee maker had many water hard water stains, and held the appearance of a long used coffee maker that was purchased at an estate sale.

Rugs in the rooms, stairs, and hallways were heavily traveled and stained. Stairs showed much debris (food and litter).

Security was absent. The door by the pool was still unlocked at midnight. I even walked into the hotel completely unobserved at 12:30am.

Our non-smoking room smelled of smoke, not pervasively, but enough to know that it had been a smoking room at one time.

The free wireless Internet did not function as expected. I was able to connect for only 30 minutes, but I could connect to the hotel across the street and would have used that connection if I had the password. The desk staff said they were having trouble with the routers. Even sitting in the lobby did not help.

In all, I was very disappointed with this hotel. I have avoided other Ramada hotels because of my stay here.

• Liked — The water slide was the only consolation, but even then it was worn and largely inaccessible.
  • Disliked — The indifference of staff and the fact that the room was supposed to be non-smoking.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramada Bozeman? Share your experiences!