The staff was all very nice. However, we had 3 criteria when picking a hotel. 1) It had to have an indoor pool. We have a very active preschooler and we needed that for his activities. 2) We needed a first floor room. I have MS and we needed to be able to go in a door and get to the room. 3) We needed a free sufficient breakfast. We did not get any of the 3. We got to the hotel, our first floor room smelled incredibly strongly of paint / VOC some kind of chemicals. We went to the front desk, were told they were re-sealing the pool, so that is what the smell was. Were offered a different room on the second floor and took it. Needless to say, the pool was out of order 2 of the 3 days we were there. We dealt with a few tantrums from a little boy who we had promised he could swim. The next morning we went to the restaurant. On this site it says free breakfast from the restaurant. We were offered our choice of (I think) 6 different meals. They were all only large enough to fill our preschooler. Our teenager and my husband were still starving after breakfast. AND a tip for the waitress was not included, so we had to dig into our pockets for more breakfast and a tip. It isn't the waitress's fault that it was a crummy tiny breakfast. The staff was all very nice, but when I told the front desk clerk about my 3 criteria and how very unhappy we were, she talked to the manager and I was told that since we were still staying in a room, there would be no discount. The breakfast was still breakfast like they advertised (though it sure sounds like it would be a big one and it was not) and the pool was just maintenance they had to do, so it wasn't their fault. We were offered NO compensation whatsoever, no offer of a free dinner or extra breakfast, not even an offer to let us out of our reservation for free if we wished to go to a different hotel for the rest of our stay in town. I let them know I would be giving a negative review, though I have NEVER given any restaurant or hotel a negative review in my life. Not offering any compensation to a dissatisfied customer is bad business, and it takes a lot for me to complain. I would not recommend this hotel. You are better off going to a hotel like a days inn or la quinta where there is a sufficient breakfast, a ton of first floor rooms if the first one isn't satisfactory, and the pool is always open.
- Also Known As:
- Magnuson Grand City Hotel
- Magnuson Grand City Hotel Bozeman
- Best Western Bozeman
- Bozeman Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the spectacular Gallatin valley, surrounded by majestic mountain ranges and stunning views.Our spacious rooms and large comfy beds will provide you with the most quality and restful stay.With a full service of amenities and complimentary high speed wired and wireless internet your stayis sure to be relaxing or productive whichever you shall choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your City Center Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.