“Nice stay in Bozeman” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Alberta
“Nice stay in Bozeman”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We spent a night here the last week of June. Front desk staff were very helpful. They gave us a map of Bozeman and highlighted all the good areas for restaurants and shopping etc... Our room was as we expected very clean and the bed was comfortable. we were there on a Friday night and we found it to be very quiet. I travel a lot and one of the things I like about best western is the convinience of an included breakfast, this hotel did not offer that. The only other complaint was an issue with the front staff. I had reserved my room using my points. The following night I was at another best western I was told I didn't have enough points to stay, which didn't make sense because I'd booked it online with my points and online it doesn't allow you to book it unless you have the amount of points needed for that stay. It turns out this hotel had somehow put my points through 3 different times so instead of my stay being 20,000 points they redeemed 60,000 after about 30 minutes on the phone with the rewards company and a phone call back to this hotel the problem was resolved and my account was credited with the 40,000. The only reason I knew this had happened was because I was at another best western the next night. Had I returned home I might have never noticed this mistake. Even with this minor problem I will definitely return to this hotel the next time I am in Bozeman.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Everything was just ok, starting with the reservations. I called from my cell about 2 hours out of Bozeman, the girl was very pleasant and even upgraded us without asking for it and signed us up for the current rewards program. No issues with personnel. The room was very clean and comfortable. Lounge, restaurant was also ok. The carpet was being replaced in the hallways so it was kind of messy. There was no breakfast included. For dinner we ordered a pizza from room service. It was just ok. I found my self wondering why it was a Best Western Plus... No real complaints but we have stayed in nicer Best Westerns.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Good hotel with refrigerator and microwave in the room. I did not use the restaurant or gamble in the casino. Beds were comfortable and the hotel was quiet. They described a porch area outside by the restaurant that had views of the mountains that was disappointing and deceiving. It sits in the front of the hotel in the parking lot looking at the rear of the hotel in front of it. There are really no views of the mountains that are unobstructed.

If you don,t care about the hotel having a restaurant or bar, pick the two star Ramada. It comes with a contenental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel when traveling through Montana. When I checked in there were some issues with finding my reservation due to a fax machine error BUT both of the ladies working the front desk were very nice and did everything they could to get me into my room without any issue. The room was super clean and extremely comfortable. I did not have the chance but there was a restaurant and bar within the hotel that seemed busy which is always a good sign. This is an ideal location since there is a lot of things close by such as awl mart, gas stations and other restaurants. If you are looking for a good place to stay...I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have been on a long road trip, and have been staying with BW frequently. I am not sure what was off about this one. The room was ok, and the bed was great. But there appeared to be some renovations half-finished that left paint stains and unfinished trim through the halls and staircases...and didn't appear to be any activity directed to finishing it. We were really surprised to find that breakfast wasn't included. At this price point for a BW, that wasn't expected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Our stay at the GranTree Inn was fantastic! I wish we traveled through Bozeman more so I can stay here again.

The front desk clerk was quite friendly. The hotel lobby and bar/restaurant are beautiful.

The room was fantastic. It was large, visually appealing, and very, very clean. The bedding was premium and plush. The bed was quite comfortable. The room included a microwave, fridge, and safe.

We did not eat at the restaurant, but we enjoyed a few drinks at the bar. The bartender was very friendly. They had a good variety of beer on tap. The bartender was quite knowledgeable with drinks and whipped up something unique and tasty for us.

The hotel is going through a renovation (this was late May 2012), so you may see some construction, but it was not anything that made the stay unpleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Best Western Plus motels are a significant improvement from the ordinary.This place was anything but! I've stayed at Motel 6's that were in better shape. Granted the front desk people were great, but they directed me to the wrong side door and told me this was a quiet room. Wasn't so: right next to the stairway! The wallpaper was peeling, as was the carpet in the Door C entryway. In the room the place looked as dated as any BW I've ever seen and the smell of those industrial grade chemicals used to clean cheaper motels was pervasive.Carpet was stained and looked to be ancient. Had I been able to back out of this reservation I would have done so in a heartbeat. It makes me truly skeptical of the Best Western Plus designation. Forf $120 a night I could have done much better.

Room Tip: Find another place in Bozeman!@