“Great room at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Bozeman
winnipeg
“Great room at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

With their full kitchens, Residence Inns are great for business travellers on an extended stay, but the reasonable price and convenient location here made it great for a 1 night leisure stay as well. The staff was friendly enough. We were a little surpised when we pulled out the sofabed and discovered it had not been made up, but a quick call to the front desk and they sent someone up to do it right away. Free cookies in the lobby are a nice touch, and the complimentary breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
East Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

My family and I stayed one night before flying out the next day. I really appreciate the new indoor rooms. Everything was in good working order and was a good stay for my family of four. Plenty of parking and a good location close to downtown and to the airport. Recommended.

usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I checked in late one night opened the fridge to place my groceries there and found a half empty carton of milk, ice cream, vegetables and overall dirty conditions. I simply cleaned them and let the front desk know. When I decided to show I found snot clinging to the walls. The vanity drawers had many bottles of shampoo, conditioner and soap. I took everything down stairs and discussed how disgusted I was with my findings; especially the snot which the front desk person told me that "she didn't want to hear it". Oh my, she didn't want to hear about it but I had to 'see it'! The next day my 2 year old found a can of snuff neatly tucked between the couch cushions. Finally the room smelled awlful. Needless to say the next day I made a decision to check out after the maint person decided to knock on my door and disregard the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign that was on my door. I have been a long standing Marriott customer and can tell you that this is not typical of the brand. Although the hotel did everything to make it right I felt that my privacy was not respected by the employee and the conditions of the room absolutely told me that the cleaning person didn't do their job. In fact, the kitchen sponge was dirty and the pot brush has grime on it. This was certainly not a place that I will visit again!

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed here one night in June 2010 using points.
This Residence Inn is one large building with inside room access only. There is a huge lobby area and room for about 30 people or so to eat breakfast or there night food.
This hotel has nightly food 2-3 days each week. The night we were stayed there was corn bread and chili, which we thought was a really odd combination. The breakfast was plentiful. There was a waffle maker, apples, bananas, eggs, potatoes, toast, bagels, and donuts.
Our room was nice, a typical Residence Inn room. Internet access was free. The down fall was the noise at night – first we could hear the people in the room next to ours, then the freezer kept making ice all night, the furnace was very loud, and to top it all off, there was a train that was nearby every couple of hours and a thunderstorm managed to roll in during the night, so we didn’t get the best night’s sleep there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Whitefish, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Made a reservation via credit card. Credit cards are charged if you don't check-in by 4pm. No problem.....this is the policy of most hotels and we usually don't show up for a reservation until a few hours after check-in (3pm) anyway. We showed up for our reservation on June 22nd around 8pm. Upon hearing our name, the clerk looked at a paper which had items "highlighted" on it and then handed my husband a "letter of apology" from the general manager. Dear So and So, we are over-booked and have made a reservation for you at "X" hotel. Sorry for any inconveniece....blah...blah....blah.
They made arrangements for us to stay at another hotel in Bozeman. A sub-standard, $80 dollar a night hotel. Which they had already paid for.
My husband told the clerk that this was unacceptable and she called the G.M. at home and handed my husband the phone. The G.M. was rude and unprofessional to say the least. She said that there were people who had decided to extend their stay and because she couldn't physically make them vacate the room, the hotel had become "over-booked". And continued to explain how lucky we were that she had made us a reservation at the local roach motel and even paid for it and also "bought" us 5,000 Marriott points. Apparently, we were supposed to be ecstatic by the gesture of a "free" room at the other hotel. We were not.
We travel a lot. My husband travels weekly on business, staying 20 plus nights a month in hotels. This is the first time we have ever experienced this situation.
When we turned to leave, the desk clerk, bellows out....."Sir! The room at the hotel is already paid for!" My husband replied. "It's not about money". She seemed upset by this. (are there that many people who love to get something free, no matter the circumstances or what it is?)
We'd just driven 7 hours. We knew there weren't any acceptable vacancies in town, or the next 2 towns over for that matter. (I guess tourist season just started) Missoula was the next option, which caused us to drive over 3 more hours than we had planned. It was an irritating situation. Reservations held with a credit card are guaranteed. That has always been our experience.
Needless to say, we will not make another reservation at this Marriott property. In fact, we are done with Marriott with the exclusion of JW Marriotts which are amazing hotels with excellent service and know how to manage a hotel and reservation system.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

I stayed at the Residence Inn for several days on a combines business-sightseeing trip. I found the staff to be very friendly, the rooms were VERY large and comfortable and the rates were competitive. I loved having on-site self-serve laundry (bring quarters!).No question, I would stay here again when I come back to Bozeman!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Chi-Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

I stayed at the RI twice during November and had wonderful stays on both occasions. The location is between the airport and the university which meets my needs.

The rooms are large and include a large bathroom, ample closet space, a nice kitchen area plus a large TV. Also, my rooms had views of the snow-capped mountains.

There is ample parking, plus two nice restaurants are within walking distance. However, visitors would need a car for a stay.

There is the standard breakfast which appeared to be fine but I did not partake, except for a quick coffee.

Also, the staff has always been very nice to us and attentive to our needs. I have always found this hotel to be very quiet. My only comment would be that the internet connection seems to be interrupted on occasion (but, that occurs everywhere).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Bozeman? Share your experiences!