“what a beautiful place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Bozeman
Las Vegas, Nevada
“what a beautiful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was having trouble finding housing for my temporary job contract. I finally found residence inn and they let me have my pets. I was excited to come to montana and then I got into this beautiful facility. I have stayed at many extended stays but this one is top notch. My room is exquisite. and the service is top notch. I am used to having housekeeping weekly they do it daily. They also have a HOT full breakfast everyday and they have light dinners M-th. They really go out of their way to make you feel at home. I have no complaints whatsoever. They asked me what floor I preferred and I am on the first floor. My job works out I will be here till october. I am looking forward to this one.

Room Tip: I only have a king studio suite and there is enough room like an apt. Plus the view is breathtaking
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We throughly enjoyed our stay at the Bozeman Residence Inn. As you would expect from Marriott, rooms were clean, well appointed, service was top notch! There was a bit of a glitch when we first checked in (it happens to the best of us...) but the measure of a great staff and their committment to customer service is how they respond and they went above and beyond.

Room Tip: This Residence Inn has 360 degree views, but there are also courtyard views. If you want to see the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather H, Manager at Residence Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and acknowledge the service you received from our Team. We hope to see you again, there are some new and fun things coming this summer! Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate it. Heather Holt – General Manager
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was passing through and stayed with a friend staying in this hotel. Even though I disclosed to a few employees that I was "simply passing through," they still wanted my name and showed sincere interest to my well being, which was a surprise, asking what I was up to that day, if they could help in anyway, or give me directions. Most employees would just nod and be on their way with their work. Even one of the breakfast servers, I think her name was Erin, saw I was eating alone at breakfast, offered me a newspaper, and asked if I had any plans for the day, and proceeded to tell me about fun stuff to do in Bozeman especially other than skiing (as the snow sucked). It was clear she had a lot to get done during her shift, but she showed sincerity that it was alright for her work to be delayed in order to engage with a guest. She wasn't the only one, the front desk girl and housekeepers all stopped (or multi-tasked for all I know) and asked about my day, stay, if I needed anything, which was all very refreshing. It was clear they appreciated their job, guests, and the business. Back to breakfast - It wasn't a cheap continental - it was actually full hot, felt like I was in a restaurant.
Or even, felt like a home-away-from-home hotel. I didn't understand why they called their rooms "suites" until I was in one - definitely on the larger side of general hotel rooms, felt like a studio apartment. I can see why people stay there long-term. I've stayed in a few Marriott's along the way, but I'm definitely going to start staying in Residence Inn's more because of this pass-through. Bozeman is gorgeous, mountains viewed from hotel, and warm weather for the contrary of winter. (Sucked for the skiiers I know but I was told/experienced, there was other stuff to do in Bozeman than just ski). Also, I saw a lot of dogs around the hotel, figuring it was a dog-hotel, which made it even better in my book. The hotel didn't looked trashed because of the animals, it was kept nicely. And added to the home-y effect. There was a nice pool and spa, however the tables and chair were dirty. Actually the layout of the hotel was a bit confusing, but if I actually checked in and got a layout of the hotel, I probably would of found my bud's room easier (haha).
The best part about this hotel is that I didn't pay for it, and they still appreciated my "business," which works out seeing I'm definitely coming back here again (and bringing my dogs too!)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this property many times since it opened its doors as Bozeman is the airport we use and frequently have to stay overnight there because of our flights and the long distance to our home. We have always been extremely pleased with the property itself and the staff. HOWEVER, I had a reservation there for four days for a 2-room suite (Room 201) due to the fact that I was having foot surgery and needed to stay over in Bozeman to see the doctor for a post-op appointment. At 5:30 a.m. I was awakened by some piece of equipment that turned on outside the window. It ran for 5 minutes then shut down. Five minutes later it started up again. After repeating this a few times I started making notes as to the start-up and shut-down times of this very noisy piece of machinery. Five minutes on. Five minutes off. Exactly. For one hour until 6:30 a.m. On my way to my surgery appointment I mentioned this problem to the person at the desk and they moved me to another room. No problem at all there. That is not the issue.

We normally ask for the back side of the hotel for our room, but there was one time before that we were put in this same hallway and had exactly the same problem. I complained about it that time also. It's very difficult for me to believe that the management doesn't know about this problem and hasn't done something to fix it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stay here several times a year when visiting Bozeman and on stopovers to Big Sky to ski. Our family loves the 2BR suites, which are perfect for our family of five. This stay just was not up to previous ones.

I could write that it was just a one-time bad experience, and maybe it was, but there were several things that went wrong.

Our room just seemed to need some work and this is not an old hotel. The showers were not super clean and we were not happy to see old towels from the previous occupant hanging in the bathroom on the back of the door. The shampoos and lotions in both bathrooms had been used (not empty) and not replaced. The room had been serviced and bed changed but those other little things were overlooked. After our first night we returned to our room in the evening and our room had not even been serviced. I walked down to the front desk and they noted it, apologized and gave us some fresh towels for the morning. We did receive a call from the head of housekeeping in the morning apologizing profusely. We were supposed to stay aother night but decided to head home a day early.

Upon check-out we had an AmEx gift card that specifically can be used at that hotel and they could not figure out how to apply it and after 20 minutes we said forget it and just paid. We had friends staying at the hotel at the same time and they also commented on the rooms and even that there seemed to be less breakfast items than before. The Thur night dinner of bbq sandwiches was really dinky. In other Residence Inn's we've stayed in they offer soft drinks and beer as well as a decent spread during the "dinner" hours.

Overall, just a big disappointment.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I left my dress pants in my room and they "couldn't find them!" Even though I am a Platinum member and love Marriott; I will never stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2012
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed one night here while on a quick roadtrip to visit Bannack and the Museum there in Bozeman. The hotel was very easy to find and there are places to eat very close. The room was nice. We used the heated indoor pool the next morning. The breakfast was ok, very limited seating and a breakfast attendant who was very annoyed to be there and made it clear, but overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Bozeman? Share your experiences!