“Exceptional service, great food, beautiful restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 190 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: A Montana experience in handcrafted food and drink
“Exceptional service, great food, beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our first time at Open Range, and we were very pleased. Our reservation was for 7:15 and we were seated right away. Our waiter Dave was very good, and Matt also was very attentive to our service. I had the baby kales side which was very unique, and the mussels were excellent! My daughter's wild mushroom risotto was a little light on the mushrooms, and when we asked Dave about this, he agreed and brought out additional mushrooms which were excellent. We shared the lemon poppy seed cheesecake which was light, unique in flavor and presentation. We really liked Open Range and will definitely return. Great wine, scotch, mixed drink selection, ambiance (Barry White, Earth Wind and Fire music playing in the background).

• 5 of 5 stars Food

West Vancouver, Canada
“excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Josh made you feel welcome immediately upon arrival. Although full, you don't feel cramped since the layout is well thought out. Steak being their signature item, we ordered the 44oz porterhouse and it was cooked just the way we ordered it. Unfortunately the quality was below expectation since the marble was lacking on the sirloin side of the piece. A bit disappointing but everything else was good, especially the service personnel. I would give it an 8 out of 10.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ennis, MT
“Memorable birthday dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I celebrated my birthday at The Open Range in Bozeman, Montana and had one of the best meals in Montana ever. Everything about the evening was impressive; the service and ambiance was wonderful. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals tremendously. The menu is varied and very original, risotto, mussels, fish, steak, all presented and prepared perfectly. For starters, I had an asparagus and leek cold cream soup that I would certainly order again, so good! My entree was halibut cooked to perfection with a creamed tomato, basil sauce. The desserts were so delicious, chocolate sorbet with a chocolate, orange cake covered in the most delectable chocolate icing... I was particularly impressed by the wait staff, very attentive, friendly and always available when needed. The decor in the Open Range has a modern, western flair which makes for an even more enjoyable experience. Great wine list, and a full bar service. I would highly recommend Open Range to anyone either traveling to Bozeman or to Montana folks looking for a truly fine dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
TENNESSEE
“Slow Go-No Excuse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Reservations at 7:15, main course finally served 1 hr and 45 min later. Not talking about complicated food. I fail to understand why the food was so slow, the place was not crowded, it was a Wed. Night. I was planning to entertain clients here in a couple of weeks but not now. Slow service is unacceptable. I have dined here 5 times but this May be my last time.

Visited July 2014
Bozeman, Montana
“I liked The Mint better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

It was "ok". I hated the "head banger music" though. This is a nice restaurant, and expensive, so why the college age music? The hostess said she'd turn it down, but I don't think she did. The tenderloin was really good. I love mashed potatoes but didn't really care for the smoky flavor in them. Get rid of the heavy metal music and I might return.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere