“fantastic dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Description: A Montana experience in handcrafted food and drink
Nashville, Tennessee
“fantastic dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great restaurant! Food was fantastic and the atmosphere was welcoming and lively. It is a must do dining experience in Bozeman, MT. Service was attentive and polite.

Visited March 2014

Livingston, Montana
“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We decided to have dinner with friends and wanted to try something new in Bozeman. My hubby had the $45 steak, I tried the prawns and grits and my friends had the noodle bowl and salmon. The steak was delicious and cook just right, the prawns were good but I didn't care for the grits with cheese, the noodle bowl wasn't that good but the salmon was to die for. Cooked to perfection over a bed of rice with a yummy taste. I think that overall the place is nice but the attention to detail and wait staff need to be more attentive, especially at those prices. I've been to great steakhouses all over the US and when I pay that much I want to be treated like a queen. That being said this would be a good romantic couples place. I would come here again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Michigan
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were in Bozeman on the tail end of a ski trip to Big Sky. Open Range was recommended to us by one of the local shopkeepers. We went in for cocktails and ended up staying for dinner. We sat at one of the hi-top tables as we had not made a reservation, and all the dining room tables were booked. This did not detract from our great time. The french fries are amazing as were all the entrees. Dessert was wonderful. Service was amazing and not limited to our server. We can't wait to go back. It was definitely the best meal of our vacation and one of the more memorable meals we have had in a long time.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
US
“OMG best meal I've ever eaten in Montana in 28 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went on Saturday. We had been to the Mint in Belgrade on several occasions and this is owned by the same owners. When we called for reservations we were told that there were no openings until 8:45PM as it was the day after Valentine's Day. Friends had told us that people had complained after the restaurant first opened that they didn't have their act together and the food was not great yet. But my wife and I wanted to give it a shot for ourselves. The trip advisor reviews were also encouraging and I had noticed that people had eaten dinner at the bar and had enjoyed it. I asked Virginia (who was taking reservations) if that would be possible and she said it would. So we showed up and then began a mind blowing evening. Matt at the bar was so genuine and helpful and friendly. All the staff were gracious and customer focused and to top it off the menu was varied and had a nice selection of dishes and -- they had pheasant as a special on the menu. It was awesome. Three pheasant breasts perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned and three pheasant meatbals with an excellent home-made pasta and a lovely cream sauce. Scrumptious. To be honest I can't wait to return. My wife had the petite filet mignon which was perfectly cooked and came with deliciously prepared mashed potatoes and a side of broccolini. I actually went back to the kitchen area and thanked the chef. One of the young managers came up to me and thanked me for coming in and said that it really made a difference to the chef when customers complimented him on his food. Go to Open Range you will be glad you did!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was the best dinner we have ever eaten in Bozeman! Outstanding experience! Service was excellent, steaks and salmon were cooked and seasoned perfectly! Can't wait to return again! A little expensive but worth it!