“Dont mind the wait... its worth it.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 168 Restaurants in Bozeman
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Main Street Overeasy is a popular breakfast and lunch restaurant in beautiful downtown Bozeman. Opened in 1998, Main Street Overeasy is the locals' first choice for breakfast.
Chinteche, Malawi
“Dont mind the wait... its worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place is kinda hard to spot if you dont know its there, it is right downtown, and worth finding. I love the Biscuits and Gravy with the Bison sausage. The stuffed french toast is good as well. None of the people I have gone with have ever not liked what they ordered. It was a bit loud and crowded but thats just cause its been extremely busy every time I have gone. Even had to wait in the hall for a table a time or two.

The service has always been good, and as busy as it was the food didnt take long to come out.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Eagle, Colorado
“Not as great the second time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I had been to this local breakfast hotspot two years before on our first trip to Bozeman. I absolutely loved it back then . . . not so much this time. My husband and I were totally jazzed about having breakfast here after our great experience our first time around.

We never mind waiting for a table if it's worth it and we have the time. We did have a wait on a Saturday morning of Montana State University's homecoming weekend, but didn't have to wait too long. We were seated in the crowded and small restaurant and were promptly offered coffee by their effervescent hostess. Our waitress in contrast was very reserved and quiet with such a small voice I could barely hear her in the noisy restaurant. Nevertheless, we ordered our breakfast starting out with a cinnamon roll to share with my husband. The coffee was delicious, but the cinnamon bun was the single most decadent morsel I had eaten in a long time. It wasn't that it was super big, but it was hot, moist with wonderful icing and topped with a large blob of fresh melting BUTTER! Oh. My. Word. It was heaven on earth. DO NOT MISS THIS! After fighting over the last bite, we were served our breakfasts. I asked for two poached eggs cooked medium as part of their basic 2 egg breakfast. It included a fat slice of dense, tasty toast and potatoes. My eggs were underdone as were the potatoes. The potatoes were just raw and awful and I left most of them on my plate. I understand being busy, but let the potatoes get brown & crispy, ok? I only ate one of my eggs.

Another item that we ordered that we had discovered on our original trip are their amazing pancakes. We only ordered one to share as we remembered how big these were. The pancake didn't disappoint. It is soft and moist with the most amazing crispy edges. I don't know how they do it, but if I could get away with eating just the edges of three pancakes I would have. They are fabulous! Don't miss these either.

While I really enjoy the Main Street Overeasy, I think that I will probably start trying different breakfast joints during my next visit to the fantastic town of Bozeman!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Davis, California
“Overeasy serves a great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overeasy is relatively small but cozy and do they do a great breakfast. The service was excellent considering how busy it was and the food was terriffic. The bison sausage and patties were very flavorful and made the breakfast a bit special with these regional inclusions. Priced right and enough coffee to keep you wired for the day if you wish.

Visited September 2012
Kalispell, Montana
“Bozeman's Best Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Any number of locals had told us that Main Street Overeasy served the best breakfast in Bozeman and after trying numerous places, we agree. It is a must stop whenever we overnight in town. It is not a place you just happen to drive by and decide to stop in. Located right downtown in the heart of the business district, it is inside an old office building. Look for the sandwich board on the sidewalk so you don't miss the entrance. You may have to park a block or so away. Trust me, it's worth the effort. Great food and service. A favorite with locals so don't be surprised if you have to wait during peak hours. If you want a nice breakfast that's a notch above the norm, Main Street Overeasy delivers.

Visited September 2012
Sacramento, California
“Overrated!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We went to this restaurant because of the good reviews. Serving size were average; taste was
rather mediocre and the price was more than what I expected for what we got. Even the coffee
wasn't good!