“The customer is always wrong” 2 of 5 stars

(406) 587-9355
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 193 Restaurants in Bozeman
“The customer is always wrong”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Recently I went to the r bar with some friends. Huge mistake! I sat at the bar and instantly was covered in some sort of chocolate sauce....my new white jacket my jeans and hands. I asked the bartender to please get me a rag and she said she was too busy. I showed her the chocolate and she said that I shouldnt have brought an outside chocolate drink in. (If I brought an outside drink in I probably wouldnt spill it all over me and the bar especially not chocolate). I moved seats and ordered a drink ...seagrams and seven. I watched the bartender fill a jigger to pour and she was so rushed that she only filled the jigger maybe halfway up then miss most of it pouring.into the glass. $8.00. The seven and seven was completely clear in color. I left the bar ripped off, covered in chocolate, and accused of smuggling in chocolate syrup. I Will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland
“average bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

nice because in warmer months you can have open air seating and serves good local beers BUT its bar food. Burgers, junk. Had a half decent salad but nothing special. Wouldn't run back there...too many good places to eat in Bozeman

Visited September 2013
Richland, Michigan
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great place, no A/C as we've found most of Montana but that was only downfall. Service was more than wonderful, just stopped for a quick drink and some snacks, definitely a place to stop in downtown Bozeman!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman, Montana
“Good Bar Food but Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I went looking for the Sideline Grill, which had been advertised in various places. When we got downtown, we saw that that address was really called the High Country Grill and was inside the Rocking R Bar. The Rocking R has been around a very long time, but was rebuilt after the downtown gas explosion several years ago. We ordered lunch and received two burgers, with two sides, and two soft drinks. Our server was very pleasant and the food itself was quite good: the burgers were hand-patted, the bun was excellent, and the cole slaw sides were good and copious. However, a bare burger is already $10 and each addition (cheese, onions, etc.) is an extra $1. Our simple lunch was $30 before the tip. I think if you want to be downtown to enjoy a couple of local drafts along with some food, this could be a good place. However, because of the cost, I wouldn't make it a lunch destination.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman
“Food or drink?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I would carefully watch the charges, especially when ordering drinks. It might be a good idea to watch them pour your drink, so you know what you're getting.

This place has been around a long, long time. After an explosion several years ago in downtown, it was entirely rebuilt.

Well, let's just say it's not the same ol' Rockin R' it use to be. Go for a visit and pay attention.

Visited July 2013