“WORTH IT! Very quality experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 14 Attractions in Bozeman
Bozeman, Montana
“WORTH IT! Very quality experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Loved this place. The guides are so well informed. This is almost a necessity to visit if you're not from the west and you're planning any hiking or camping or "roughing it" in the Yellowstone area.

Some guides are better with children than others. Altogether you'll have a great time here, learn a lot and see bears up close.

They're worth supporting, they do a lot for bear research and preservation. Bears here are all VERY HAPPY rescue bears, let your conscience be at ease.

Visited April 2012

Levittown, New York, USA
“Charming Grizzlies - don't miss out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I found this attraction on trip advisor and was intrigued to see it. this attraction is just a few minutes outside of Bozeman and really put an exclamation point on our day and fresh from our trip to Yellowstone, we were eager to see the elusive grizzlies.

When we arrived 2 bears, Maggie and jake were swimming and wrestling in the pool. It was fun watching them interact. We went for lunch and came back to see Brutus and sheena. They didn't disappoint! They circled their enclosure, scouring for treats left for them, and avoiding the circling ravens, made for a very charming and mesmerizing experience. Brutus is quite a showman. He slid into another pool in the enclosure and seemed to be on stage for his audience. They are surprisingly graceful and interacted sweetly with each other. It was amazing to see how they responded to their handler's voice.

Judy was a very informative resource, and you can see her passion for the bears in how she talks about them.

The admission for this was $7 per adult and good for the day we went and the next. All the deal!

I would definitely visit this place again!!

Brooks, Canada
“Awesome day at the Encounter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I saw the TV program and decided on our trip to Yellowstone to spend a day at the Grizzly Encounter. We spent 6 hours out there talking with the interns (whom we had a blast with) and visiting with other guests. It was a very hot day and the staff had made them ice treats that they made with berries and some other favs in them. We got to see all the bears interacting at different times. I'm sure I have a thousand pics from that day alone. Great job, lots of laughs, would do it again. Everyone should make a trip here, bring some snacks or a lunch and enjoy.

Buena Park, California
30 attraction reviews
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Grizzly encounter was alright but it would've been better if there was more to see. When I went there was only one bear and that was it. $21 was to see one bear. I mean the money does go to feed the bears but come on. I guess I wouldn't go again but it was an alright experience.

Long Island, NY
16 attraction reviews
“Had fun with the Kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a rescue facility for Grizzly bears, about a 10 minute drive outside Bozeman, for 7 dollars an adult you get to watch and learn about Grizzlies. When the kids and I were there "Lucy" was on display in the habitat. She was very friendly and "played" to us viewing her! She was a ham!! Kids had a blast just sitting and watching her. We also learned from one of the Hosts all about Grizzlies and bears in general. Stop on by and enjoy the show, Different Bears are on at different times so you will see a variety. I Recommend this stop on your trip!!