“Affordable comfort” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montana
“Affordable comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband & I stayed here during a quick trip to Bozeman for visiting relatives and some skiing adventure. The hotel was very clean and the room was comfortable. I really like the mattress! The continental breakfast included cereals, fruit, scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, sausage, gravy, make-your-own waffles, assorted breads and sweets, juices and hot drinks. There also was hot cocoa & spiced cider available in the lobby all day. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Temperance, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We were three women traveling home after a wonderful Alaskan Cruise, but along the way we planned a stop in Yellowstone National Park. When we arrived at the la Quinta in Bozeman, we were roadweary and ready to relax. The La Quinta provided a wonderful oasis with our room was ready, but to our surprise this room was huge with a kitchen and two queen beds. This room would be a good place for a family to stay for longer than an night. They have a great breakfast and laundry facilities. A bonus was the Dennys across the street that allowed us to use our senior savings for a late supper.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Robert G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you so much for your recent stay and your wonderful review. We work very hard to provide every guest with a perfect stay so your feedback greatly appreciated. Bozeman, Montana is a perfect place to stay while visiting Yellowstone National Park. We hope you and your friends will stay with us again during your next getaway!
Carnation, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I drove 5 hours from Idaho Falls to Bozeman for business two weeks ago. When I booked my room at this La Quinta I had no idea how nice it was!! The desk staff are amazing! The decor is over the top! This hotel is only 1 year old! My room was lovely. The bed and pillows were very comfortalbe! I really had a nice stay. My only regret is not having a swim suit with me to enjoy the hot tub!

Room Tip: all rooms seemed fine to me. Of course stay away from the obvious; elevator, ice machene, and fitnes...
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I am an insomniac. I sleep lightly. This has become my favorite spot in the south central MT area to stay. It is quiet, has a nice breakfast bar, is located dead center for activities in Bozo, and the area nearby (Big Sky, Yellowstone etc). Walmart is just across the highway, downtown less than 2 miles south.
I would say that the rooms are new, quiet, clean. The beds are very comfy.
The staff is super friendly and helpful, and they have fresh cookies at night.
In summary, a very reasonable and welcoming spot. I have read at least one very negative report, and would certainly be disappointed in that room, also. So... get an upstairs room. This time, the room was directly across from the elevator, but the sound level didn't keep me awake. This hotel has my road warrior certification for a good, reasonable stay... food is reasonable here for breakfast.

Room Tip: upper floors only! Noise alert on ground floor near lobby and near elevator
Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is a nice hotel. It is convenient to the interstate highway, Bozeman, the local regional airport, and only an easy 1 1/2 hours drive from the North Entrance of Yellowstone Park.

The hotel is comfortable with clean, up-dated rooms and they have a decent complimentary breakfast in the morning. The only slight negative was that the air conditioning / heating unit in the room was overly loud and had to be shut off rather than used.

But what makes this hotel notable is the staff. I checked-in in the evening and the person on duty at the front desk was cheerful, professional, and efficient. In asking for restaurant recommendations in the area, she provided some great ideas and quickly marked their locations on a map.

Early the next morning, I was pleasantly greeted by maids, the front desk staff, and the person taking care of the complimentary breakfast. All of this was a nice change to so many hotels I have experienced in large cities both in the U.S. and overseas.

But in my haste and excitement in the morning to get Yellowstone Park, I left a number of clothing items in my room. Later, when the maid cleaned the room and realized I had not packed thoroughly, the hotel tried to contact me on my cell phone. Unfortunately, I did not get the message until the end of the day when I was hours away and was not going to be returning in that direction. Without being asked, the hotel staff volunteered to have my items sent to me at my home address where they arrived before I did.

I have been at many 4 and 5 star hotels around the world, where I have not had as pleasant interactions with a hotel's staff. And most of these high-priced hotels would not have been so quick to assist me in returning my forgotten items.

For me, this was a very good hotel for the price, but made forever memorable by a great staff!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I had just arrived after a 9 hr flying trip with my pet and this was a very accommodating staff, location, clean room, etc. My friend had dropped off his vehicle for me to pick up and he felt very safe leaving it there. The room was quite adequate and did have all the usual items: refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen tv, etc. I had a very comfortable night sleep. The breakfast included real scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, etc. It was about 10 minutes from the airport, and the shuttle picked me up.
I would stay here again if in the area.

Redmond, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was moving from Minneapolis to Seattle and driving with my two cats, so I booked La Quinta's in Fargo, Bozeman, and Kirkland. Usually I have a great experience with La Quinta. Not so this time.

The front desk attendant seemed nice and helpful enough, then she handed me my key. Room 101. "Right there" she pointed. "Oh! How... convenient..." Not so convenient. Room 101 has 1 wall facing the lobby, 1 facing the hallway everyone *must* walk down to get to their rooms, and 1 facing the front driveway loop where people stop their cars to get out their luggage. I sat in the room for 2 minutes and just listened. I could hear her overly chipper voice welcoming each and every person who walked in loudly. I could hear the words being spoken on the TV in the lobby - not just the hum of a TV - the actual dialog. I could hear the car idling out my window. I actually waved at the guy when he got out of it. Seemed rude not to since that's where my window was facing. I could hear the front doors "swish" open every time someone entered or exited the building. In short, after an 11 hour drive and with another 11 hour drive facing me the next day, I clearly wasn't going to be able to sleep.

I went to the front desk and asked to be placed in another room. The desk clerk refused. "We're 100% booked. The whole town is with the football game. I'm sure it will quiet down in 30 minutes or so." I asked a clarifying question - did she genuinely believe it would quiet down given there was a football game and thus drunks straggling in at all hours. She gave me her best "honest" face and said, "Oh, I'm sure they'll just go to their rooms, and I can turn the TV down some too." I was doubly dumbfounded. First off, is that what drunks are known for? Quietly going to their rooms? And secondly I hadn't even mentioned the TV. That means she was 100% aware you can hear the TV from inside the room.

She refused to refund my money as I had pre-paid and refused to move me to a different room. Note that I pre-paid full price - it wasn't as though I pricelined and deserved the cheapest room in the joint. I booked at the Holiday Inn right across the highway and now have a nice quiet room where I will actually be able to get some sleep.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Robert G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman. I am so sorry to hear your stay was not as peaceful as it should have been. Providing my guests with a quiet and comfortable stay is extremely important to the entire staff, even on busy football weekends. If there is anything I can do to make up for your experience please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for the General Manager.

Based on your comments I am investigating maintenance improvements in addition to implementing new training programs to prevent this problem from occurring again in the future. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in our area. I am certain your next stay will far exceed your expectations.

Terra Corscadden
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Bozeman? Share your experiences!