“Good Staff, Good Sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Bozeman
Essex, Ontario
“Good Staff, Good Sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

2 friends and I were on a road trip out west and didn't make it in time to check into our Yellowstone campsite. The desk clerk at the motel was very accommodating and friendly, and rustled us up a room even on a busy Saturday night. The next morning, we helped ourselves to a perfect little continental breakfast of oatmeal, fruit, cereal, coffee and pastries. I certainly recommend the Rainbow Motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Great Falls, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Warm, pleasant, close in, clean and inexpensive. The place is very busy so call in advance and reconfirm on arrival day. This is a working family's place to stay; it is not a boutique hotel or destination for those wishing to be coddled.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I Choose this hotel for my trip in the yellow stone. After a day trip in the yellow stone, we are extremely tired, we just want to got to the hotel and have a good rest. However, when we got their, we find there is no room for us. Because the guy who responsible for booking made a terrible mistake. Even worse, the guy sit in the front, talking very rudely, and refuse to find a place for us.
If you are going to choose this hotel, be careful. The people there are not completely civilized. If you want to be treat with respect, never ever enter this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Paonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a Mom and Pop old fashioned strip motel where you pull up to your room. I booked it because of needing a true kitchenette due to a special diet, needing to cook for myself rather than go to restaurants. I was very very pleased with this hotel. The rooms are definitely older (there is a newer section) but spotless clean. The king bed was very comfortable and the small kitchen very functional. The four nights were well under $400 with all the taxes included. I will stay here over and over again as I return to Bozeman. The middle aged guy at the front desk was highly competent and answered all of my questions.

Room Tip: There is a new and old section but the old section is just fine as well
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Two friends and I arrived for a stay at the Rainbow early on a Friday afternoon. None of us had ever stayed at the Rainbow before. I travel extensively for work and have stayed at boutique hotels in New York City, the W in Seattle, the Wynn in Las Vegas, the Manchester in San Diego, the Orchid in San Francisco, and many others -- always being treated with respect. When we arrived, were first greeted by, who appeared to be, the owner. She offended my friend right from the start by asking her to pay more than the amount that was pre-paid online. (Initially, there were to be two adults arriving, and a third joined at the last minute). We understood paying for an additional person/guest, but it was the tone our "host" used. Then, only one key was given for three "guests" to stay in the room... only upon presenting another credit card "just in case." As we were finally carrying our luggage into the room, the host came to the doorway with a stack of rags "you people need to use these towels... not my good ones." Normally, we would have stayed elsewhere, but after being excited for a fun weekend in Bozeman, we chalked it up to her own bad attitude. The "good" towels in the room had rips and tears and there was no complimentary soap... at all. Our host was no natural beauty and had was wearing excessive bronzer, eye make-up, and platinum white bleached hair. I'm sure her towels have seen better days!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I arrived late on a trip to visit a family member attending MSU. I was very pleased to find the guy at the desk friendly and cheerful despite the later hour. He modified my room request without hassle and place us in a clean room that has to be one of the best values in Montana. The beds were clean, the bathroom spotless, the traffic noise was minimal, and the morning coffee and juice just right. This beats any chain in town!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Rainbow Motel? Share your experiences!