“better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 190 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Description: At Johnny Carino's restaurant, we serve up Italian hospitality with our flavorful original dishes. Come enjoy our warm, comfortable environment that invites friends and family to relax and enjoy each other over a great meal, it's a little celebration of the good things in life, everyday. Don't forget we cater and deliver too. Boldness, Flavor, Creativity all on your plate in one casual dining environment.
Pahrump, Nevada
“better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have eaten at Carino's in Utah that went out of business. I wasn't surprised then and expected a similar meal here. My expectations were not raised when I looked into their open kitchen area and saw 6 cooks that you could pick any 3 of and their total ages would be less than mine. The surprise came with the service and food. Minestrone is different in any city in Italy and there is not one standard. Here it was pretty good but for the big glob of cheese they put in the middle. The bread was good but served with olive oil (common from Florence south and I spent my time in the north where they serve butter. Had a rib steak with spaghetti and marinara. It came with some disgusting veggies that I left but the steak was cooked perfectly and pasta was flavorful. Service was good and somebody has trained these college aged cooks how to prepare the food. I would go back again. My biggest complaint is something the restaurant cannot really control. One table had 4 or 5 screaming, yelling and crying children which made the atmosphere unpleasant. I guess they either couldn't find a babysitter or were too cheap to pay for one but I don't think a 9 month old child really appreciates Italian food. No consideration for other customers.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Plentywood, Montana
“Not my favorite Carinos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stopped in for lunch and had a party of four. When the waiter took our orders for some reason he only asked 2 of us if we wanted soup or salad with our meal (which is included). So out comes salads for 2 of us and I'm confused wondering if maybe I was mistaken and it cost extra. But no bill came and it was included. Why would he only offer salad to some of us? For a $10 lunch I was irritated I didn't get what came with the meal. Also the lasagna wasn't that great. It was just ok nothing special. Had to wait a long time to pay and get back on the road too.

Newport Beach, California
“Awesome Bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Carino's has such a wonderful bar with a great drink selection! They had wines from Argentina that I wouldn't have expected them to carry and the Ginger Beer was by far my most favorite drink! I wish I could find it here! The lunch we had was amazing as well!

Visited March 2014
Clancy, Montana
“Good chain Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were in Bozeman recently and ordered carry-out from this restaurant, so I cannot really comment on service. We got 3 entrees, 1 pizza and 1 appetizer for our family of 5, and had more than enough food (did not even touch one of the entrees!). My husband and I found the food to be pretty heavy overall, but the kids loved it, and it was certainly tasty. If you are looking for fairly predictable chain-style Italian food, this restaurant does fit the bill.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bemidji, Minnesota
“family style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We order the family style meals. It feeds four of us pretty well.
As my kids get older we may have to change but for now it works.
The food is always good and we have no complaints whenever we go there.

Visited February 2014