“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 190 Restaurants in Bozeman
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Gallatin River Lodge is the most spectacular place to dine in Bozeman and southwest Montana! With breath taking views, creative & classic cuisine, an outstanding wine selection and a full bar, the lodge guarantees a dining experience you will remember. Each aspect of dinner at the lodge is made from in-house ingredients; from our bread baked daily to Chef Craig's famous huckleberry ice cream. Our culinary team works exceptionally hard to bring an array of Montana products to your table. We serve locally sourced meats including select game items, poultry from local growers and offer a good selection of seafood sourced from west coast suppliers. We are so appreciative of our local farms, ranches & dairies that allow us to bring such quality products to our guests.Homemade creations continue throughout the restaurant, as all of our innovative cocktails are designed from scratch. You will find a handpicked selection of Montana made micro brews, a full selection of premier liquors, and outstanding wines to accompany your meal. Our wine list boasts unique selections from around the globe with more than 120 bottles to choose from. One of the most enjoyable aspects of a dinner at the GRL is our Montana landscape. Our dining rooms offer picturesque views of the Spanish Peaks, a table side trout pond, grazing dear, eagles & hawks and the occasional rainbow. Drinks and dessert always taste better when enjoyed in front of the fire in our great room. Hands down, we offer the best dining experience in the Gallatin County. The Lodge also offers an exceptional space for corporate dinner parties, weddings, retreats or any array of special events. We are highly flexible with arranging space, coordinating menus, and helping organize an entire event. Experience the best Montana cuisine in the area. We are open nightly and reservations are appreciated!
Joliet, Montana
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We enjoyed dinner at the Gallatin River Lodge as part of a one night stay at the lodge. The food was excellent. Most tender steak I've ever had. Enjoyed every course during our almost two hour dinner! Recommend to anyone looking for a special night out.

Visited December 2012
fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your post. We are so happy that you had the opportunity to relax and take your time with dinner. We look forward to seeing you on your next special night out. Or, for a spectacular meal if you are just passing through Bozeman.

Viera, Florida
“Excellent food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The "Perfect" place for dinner - especially if you want a delicious meal, accompanied by attentive servers and topped off with an incredible view of fish jumping in the pond and deer in the meadow. AND lets not forget ending the evening with a "Kodak moment" sunset. Great, great restaurant - whether you are a lover of food or nature - you will definitely not be disapointed!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for posting! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time and experience with us... and all of the nature that surrounds our establishment. We look forward to seeing you again.
Springfield, Oregon
“Beautiful Surroundings, Average Restaurant!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am rewriting my first review in order to address a couple of earlier comments from the restaurant. As we walked through the front door up to the reservation desk, there was a dining section to the right with what looked to be a bar in it, as well as a dining section to the left. We were led promptly to the left to what I thought was the main dining area, as I assumed the section with the bar would be considered the bar area, as it commonly is in most establishments. We were seated immediately, so I didn't have much time to notice the decor in the area of the bar which, according to the restaurant, is very nice and actually the main dining area if I am understanding them correctly. That being said, I can only testify as to my impressions of the dining area on the left to which we were led. It was empty when we arrived and very average in appearance, devoid of much decor and still having a newness smell. My mother thought it had an uninviting "warehouse" feel, although the tables did have nice white linens and the room had large picture windows with a nice view of the surrounding grassy countryside and children playing. My mother commented on the very short menu, and we all wished there had been more items to choose from, although I do understand the rationale behind this which is to allow the chef to specialize the menu. The wine and cocktail were good. Food preparation was just okay overall. The meat on my half rack of ribs was rather dry, and I did not like the hard baked beans that came with the ribs. My husband's steak was good, but his Yukon gold potatoes were quite overcooked/charred. My mother had chicken which she liked but didn't think the serving size was large enough for the amount paid. Although we were the first ones seated in our dining section, we were the last to receive our dinners, and so we all felt that our service was a little slow with a significant lag time between our salads and the time our dinner arrived. From observing other tables, this did not seem to be the norm and could have been because our particular waiter got our orders in late--I'm not sure. All in all, we just felt that the atmosphere in the dining area on the left, meal pacing, menu items, and prepared food just did not justify the premier prices commanded at this restaurant! We are really glad we tried it but in all likelihood will not return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am sorry that we were not the experience that you were looking for. We are definitely not "most establishments", and very proud of that.
We are very unique....
Yes, we have a bar, but we do not have a "bar" scene. Yes, the "bar" is located in our Main Dining Room.
... We are on a 350 acre ranch with amazing views of the Montana countryside and mountains, and you had the privilege (most guest think it is) of sitting in our Patio Dining Room with a 25 foot wall of glass doors that gives you panoramic views. Many guests enjoy the rustic stained concrete floors, cedar walls and the pictures of Montana scenery from local photographers. Sorry that you did not enjoy this kind of decor.

"although I do understand..."

The few issues with the food quality are definitely not what we are striving for. We think that portion sizes have become way to large, and we price all of our entrees with the local market. I would encourage you in the future, with any restaurant, to talk with your server and have them remedy your concerns right away. Restaurants would love the opportunity to take care of you, and have you leave happy by cooking you a new plate or having you choose another entree. As for the pacing, I am not sure what happened there either, but we apologize for the lag time. Many of our guests come to dine with us and are here to take their time (3 + hour meals).

We are certainly saddened by your comment that you will not return, but we truly hope that you do. Let us know, so that we can make sure to seat you in the Main Dining Room and give you the experience that you are looking for.
Fresno, California
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The plating of the food here was art and the taste was amazing. The view from the dining area was relaxing and beautiful. The soft music was just the right touch. Our waitress was friendly and delightful. Thank you Trip Adviser because we went here because of the other reviews.

• Visited October 2012
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The staff is friendly and attentive; just look like you need something to drink and someone asks you if they can get you a drink. The service is outstanding. Dinner was extraordinary, we had the walleye cakes appetizer as well as the scallops in a gorgonzola cream sauce. I loved both and ended up dipping bread in the left over cream sauce. The scallops were cooked perfectly as were the walleye cakes. I had the chief's special smoked pork chop with a flathead cherry glaze with yukon gold potatoes and a crunchy vegetable medley. The pork chop was out of this world. It was nice and moist with a great smokey flavor. I left no potatoes or veggies on my plate... what does that tell you? My wife had almond crusted walleye, off the menu, which was cooked perfectly; we both enjoyed it. The bread was also very good. For dessert, we shared a cheesecake that was yummy. Of note is a very good beer list and an extraordinary wine list. We tried a couple of Oregon Pinot Noirs, which were outstanding. I am going to bore you all before I get to talk about the breakfasts... fresh eggs, cooked anyway you want them.... omelets, pancakes... the best friend egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches that you have ever tasted.. try it on their homemade english muffins. Oh year, and the fresh juices and fruit. For the clown who rated this a one star, stick to McDonalds, you will enjoy it and this very attentive kitchen and staff won't have to put up with you.

• Visited July 2012