“Good, but limited menu” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College
Transit: The Streamline makes a stop just outside of the mall entrance located next to the restaurant.
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Good, but limited menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband had the fish and chips, and said it was great, but the menu was fairly limited, especially for vegetarians. Having said that, the salad was very good, and the food was reasonably priced. Our server was very helpful and friendly.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bozeman
“Best borscht I ever had”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I don't go to Mall restaurants often, but we were hungry and didn't want to go to Mickey D's. They had borscht soup on the menu so I said, "What the heck, this will be fun!" I expected some watered down red soup but was surprised. This was really tasty.
So I figure they get 5 stars for creativity in a town with too many Tex-Mex places and high food prices. Chefs here think they're in California, but high prices don't mean good food in Bozeman. But once in awhile, a even Mall restaurant will surprise you!

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman, MT
“Typical Mall Restaurant: Neither Real Good or Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

The Bay is much like an airport restaurant; it gets the job done, is not overly inspiring, and value is not part of the business proposition. I did mention airport fare; I'd drive to the Copper Horse at Gallatin Field in Belgrade for a meal as that is actually pretty good. The Bay could be so much better, but when you've got all that walk-by traffic the "fire in the belly" wanes. If you're a Mall-Rat, you'll be happy here and that's fine. If you want something else a little more inspired, there are easily 30 other places in town that will do just that, like Seven Sushi which Trip Advisor needs to list here for reviews for other Bozeman restaurants if possible.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman, Montana
“Swindled”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

FRAUD. This restaurant participated in a "Seize the Deal" coupon offering in June 2011. I bought six intending to use them when out-of-state family visited this month. However, they refused to honor the fine print of the coupon which stated "one voucher per person, per table" and instead would only accept one voucher per table. This is fraud. Don't eat here. I don't intend to let this pass. Either Seize the Deal (www.seizethedeal.com) or BBG will make this right. I intend to post about this until I die. I will never eat there again even if they are the last bastion of food on the earth.

• Visited August 2011
Montana
“Dinner and a Movie-Not so Fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Hmmm...the Bay Bar and Grille is located in Bozeman's Main Mall, and because of this I believe that this place has struggled over the years to establish an identity other than being known as serving mall food. They Bay underwent an extensive re-modeling in the last year or two and I often go in for drinks or dinner before going to the mall movie theatre.
On our last visit we were seated promptly but were not given any water for about 10 minutes. Our waitress finally greeted us. She was pleasant. It took a really long time for our drinks to arrive and our order to be taken and I noticed that this one waitress had 12 tables and a huge 10 top. This place seems to use a team approach to serving with numerous wait assistants which is troubling for the diner because the person who takes your order is not the person who serves it. Therefore our waitress did not come back to check if our food was to our liking until it was too late.
The food is interesting. I had boiled shrimp, lobster and crab legs-quite good. My husband had a steak. His steak was overcooked and absolutely drenched in a berry demi glace that looked like preserves and was so sweet it was inedible. When brought to the server's attention when we finally were able to flag her down she did nothing to correct the order by bringing us a steak cooked medium rare instead of well done, in fact she didn't seem to hear the complaint.
We had wanted to make a movie and had to rush out the door because the 90 minutes we had budgeted for dinner wasn't enough.
Having been in the service industry for 2 decades I can plainly see that on this night The Bay was understaffed and our server was not properly trained. I blame it on the management.

• Visited August 2011