“decent food with mediocre service” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 168 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
New York City, New York
“decent food with mediocre service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

On my recent lunch trip, I tried the caesar salad and a bison burger platter. The food was decent but not memorable. Just as other reviewers commented previously, the service was mediocre. I had to request water and soft drink refills after my glasses were long empty, my request for condiments required me asking two separate servers and waiting so long that my food would have been cold if I didn't start eating it, and it took over ten minutes to get my check.

I was pleased that the kitchen was familiar with which of its daily specials contained gluten. The restaurant also offers a gluten free menu upon request.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Richland, Washington
“Good food but disappointing service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were looking forward to trying Ted's because we had heard about it from friends. We were a bit disappointed from the outset - we had had reservations for more than a week, but we were seated at a table right by the kitchen. It was noisy and had high traffic. We asked to be moved, and were told no, even though the place wasn't anywhere near full yet. That kind of put a damper on the whole experience. We ordered the bison meatloaf, the bison stew, and the roasted chicken. Both bison dishes were very good - the meat was well-seasoned and the stew was very tender. Good mashed potatoes too. The green beans were mushy and lacked flavor. The chicken was also bland. Wine selection is rather limited. The menu is varied so you can find a dish within your budget. But, based on the service, I don't know that I would go there again. I don't believe Ted's lives up to all the hype.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bozeman, Montana
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place has great food and great service. The burgers are amazing, and cooked to order. The mood is nice and friendly, but also business-type could fit. The only thing is that the main dining room gets noisy when there are a large number of people in there, but the booths do a good job of blocking out most of the sound.

Maple Valley, Washington
“Alright, but a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hubby and I went to dinner here. Atmosphere seemed pretty good, it was about 5:30pm and saw many people there for happy hour. Since bison is a big thing, we figured we would try it. They start you off with some pickled cucumber, very salt for our taste. Husband had the Kansas City Strip, very tender and flavorful that came with mashed potatoes and green beans. He really enjoyed it, I had the Braised bison short ribs, meat just fell of the bone when I put my fork to it. My dish also came with the same sides. We were both really stuffed but had room to share a dessert, we ordered the "Apple Pecan Crisp" which was a lot bigger than we were expecting, it was like a big soup bowl of crisp. We had to take the rest back to our room, delicious but oh so big. We had two sodas, both our meals, and one dessert and was around $75 before tip. Food was good, decent portion, just a little on the pricey side.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family went to Ted's last night for turkey dinner, which is only available on Sundays. The turkey dinner was sold out for the night, so we picked chicken, salmon, salads, burgers and crab cakes. Some of our sides included green beans and mashed potatoes, which were both cold. Our waitress was friendly, but I was disappointed in the food. Not sure if I'll return.