“GREAT food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 190 Restaurants in Bozeman
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Nova Cafe, located in the heart of historic downtown Bozeman, Montana, is locally owned and serves up the best breakfast in town!! Our unique and delicious breakfast and lunch menu is offered daily. Breakfast is served from 7 a.m. - 2 p.m and lunch is served from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.The Nova Cafe desires to enrich the lives of its guests, employees and community. We strive to be an integral part of our community by supporting local artists, farmers, producers and other local businesses.The Nova Cafe also offers a children's menu and gluten-free-baked goods. A changing exhibit of artwork by local artists is featured in the restaurant.Come join us at The Nova Cafe for The Most Important Meal of the Day! LOCAL FOOD LOCAL ART LOCAL'S CHOICE!!!
Bozeman, Montana, United States
“GREAT food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I ate here for the first time this summer. I am a Bozeman resident, but am not a big fan of eating out. However, as one of my friends loves this place, I was excited to try it out. I ordered the Acai Bowl which is a massive bowl of amazing granola and sliced bananas topped with an acai smoothie. I had read the menu before arriving and knew this is what I wanted to try. It was delicious and I have been craving it ever since. Nova Café, I will be back for another acai bowl before the summer is over. Thanks!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sacramento, California
“Awesome Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Best pancakes I've ever eaten. Warning, this place is busy so don't be impatient or go to a inferior restuarant where you'll get faster service. For me the wait is well worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fabulous unique choices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Went in for breakfast, a vast & varied menu. You will find something to tempt you! Our kids had plenty & were very happy. Food & coffee were excellent. Our waiter was fabulous! Would definitely come again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Failed miserably ..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Set off for breakfast at Nova with great expectations having read the reviews and word of mouth hype from my local friends (in town for wedding!). I was told that this was one of the top two places to have breakfast in Bozeman, so I eagerly ordered the Eggs Benedict "two ways" - traditional and Nova Lox. My go to basic test for a breakfast establishment is the preparation of eggs to order, in this case having ordered the eggs benedict, it should have been a slam dunk ace (simple poached egg!). After waiting an inordinate amount of time for my order (with no explanation or attention from my server) I was presented with two eggs benedicts each topped with an egg with "hard yolks!" - I was dumbfounded, who screws up poaching an egg, twice! The "Canadian Bacon" was not - some dried up unidentifiable pork product! and the Lox was almost non-existent! I sat there staring at this debacle for a couple of minutes waiting for the server to return to ask about my meal! That apparently was not going to happen, which begs the question - did she know she served me [insert word here for less than stellar fare]? She proceeded to completely ignore my table until I was ready to leave, scurrying over with the check after a 5 minute stare down! The final grade for my first and last visit to Nova: Service - F; Food - F; Décor - C+; Atmosphere - C; Price - D; Menu - D+; Hype - A+. I strongly suggest you go to Main St. Overeasy down the street for a truly wonderful breakfast and an A+ report card!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice breakfast, insincere waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We had just a short wait on a weekday morning before nine.

Tried 2 Eggs benedict- one with Yellowstone beef sausage & micro greens - the other with thick ham. The one with the Yellowstone beef sausage was good and on sourdough rather than muffin. I preferred this one.The original was nice except the thick ham- but this is personal preference as I prefer it with Parma or Serrano ham which is better quality. The eggs were well poached- nice & runny- the hollandaise was well made. Coffee was fine as was the oj.

The server was particularly insincere which I did not care for. Her only plus was that we were not rushed out the moment we had finished our last mouthful. It was nice to be able to enjoy the last cup of coffee.

Would return for food- despite the fake server!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere