“Perfect leisurely late breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 168 Restaurants in Bozeman
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Nova Cafe, located in the heart of historic downtown Bozeman, Montana, is locally owned and serves up the best breakfast in town!! Our unique and delicious breakfast and lunch menu is offered daily. Breakfast is served from 7 a.m. - 2 p.m and lunch is served from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.The Nova Cafe desires to enrich the lives of its guests, employees and community. We strive to be an integral part of our community by supporting local artists, farmers, producers and other local businesses.The Nova Cafe also offers a children's menu and gluten-free-baked goods. A changing exhibit of artwork by local artists is featured in the restaurant.Come join us at The Nova Cafe for The Most Important Meal of the Day! LOCAL FOOD LOCAL ART LOCAL'S CHOICE!!!
Renton, Washington
“Perfect leisurely late breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Delicious local / regional food, thoughtfully cooked, great flavors. Service was genuine and warm. I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast here with sketchbook on a day when I was just hanging around Bozeman. This restaurant seems woven into the community; strangers talk to each other, local art on the wall, there was something being filmed the day I was there, and lots of locals. Glad I stumbled on this place and will definitely be back!

Bozeman, Montana
“"Hip" Breakfast - timing is everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently ate at the Nova with some friends. I hadn't eaten there in years. This is definitely one of the most popular places to eat breakfast in town.

FOR THOSE IN A HURRY: You might want to find a chain restaurant outside of downtown Bozeman. This place gets a big rush especially on the weekend. Most locals eat here early or late, or get their names on the list and wait patiently because you're there to enjoy the atmosphere and your friends.

Their tea selection is AWESOME!!! I'm unable to drink coffee for health reasons and loved that I didn't have to drink an awful big brand name brew. Instead there was an amazing variety from a LOCAL tea company available. Nice work ladies!

This is definitely one of the hippest places to eat in Bozeman - this has a lot to do it seems with the Nova owners' continued support of LOCAL artists, farmers and ranchers, bakers, musicians, entrepeneurs, the GBLT community, etc. Like most of Montana, if you're friendly and polite, you'll get better service and honest explanations if you have a concern.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Super place for lunch in downtown Bozeman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The only regret I have about this place is that I didn't try their coffee! We had lunch here and the sandwiches were fabulous. All the ingredients were fresh, the kids loved their meals, and they had a lot of choices on their menu. Next time we are in town we will definitely have to have breakfast here. Or it least try their coffee. Service was friendly and prompt, and the cafe has a "young, hip" vibe to it (totally reminded me of being in a college town, which is one of the reasons I love Bozeman). Anytime you have a cafe with eclectic art on the walls, good coffee and great food, I'm hooked. Would definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Breakfast even for Non-Breakfast-People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I normally don't care for breakfast, but that was certainly not the case in this little gem. I ordered what I have to call an "eggless omellette" made out of potatoes, provolone, artichokes, black olives, tomatoes, and a walnut pesto. Absolutely unique and delicious.

Also ordered some local tea and the Eggs Benedict. Comments below were spot-on. Both are definitely worth a try.

Atmosphere was slightly whimsical while still being homey and casual. We arrived at 1:55pm when they stopped serving at 2:00 pm, and were still treated with energetic, friendly service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jacksonville, IL
“Great Breakfast Spot in Bozeman”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were here on a Sunday morning and it was very busy and the interior was very loud but the food and service was amazing. I had the Baja Scramble with avocado. Great value but plan on waiting a few minutes to be seated.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere