“This place literally stunk.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 47 hotels in Billings
Clancy, Montana
“This place literally stunk.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I booked a room here on a quick trip through Billings, Montana. The booking process through the hotel itself was fine. We were told at the time of booking that we could check in at whatever time we would like because we are choice award members. My husband stays at this motel chain quite often in other cities and never has had a problem. When we arrived around noon, we were told we couldn't check in as their rooms were not ready. My first clue should have been the state of the lobby. The easy chairs were filthy and the breakfast area had food spilled all over the counters. It smelled horrible. Remember, this was NOON! The check in lady gave us the key but told us to come back in an hour. Long story short... Once I arrived back at the room about two hours later (my husband had arrived earlier), I walked in the room and immediately knew I couldn't stay the night. The room smelled soooo bad even with the window having been open by my husband for an hour. I said I was not staying there and he went to try to get back our money. They wanted to put us in another room but by then I had made a reservation elsewhere. They would not refund our room charge. Do NOT stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Hampton Inn on Southgate Drive was great after the nightmare at the Comfort Inn
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Billings Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Janie H.,
Thank you for your response on trip advisor. I apologize that our facility was not quite what you expected. We attempt to make each guests stay as enjoyable and as possible. I have addressed the issue have disgussed and this has been taken care of. Normal check in time is not until 3 pm and check out for every guest is not until 3 pm. We do our best to accomodate guests that would like to check in early and that is not always able to be done. I apologize for the inconvenience of that. From what I understanding the hotel staff did offer to move you to another room in order to accomodate you as we want to continue to serve you and keep your business. Please accept my apology and I hope that in the future you will give us another try. Thank you so much for your time.
Stacy M

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dunkirk, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the Comfort Inn in Billings on January 21-22. We received excellent customer service and the staff made sure to make us feel very welcome. Room was clean and had everything that we needed for our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Billings Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Dana,
Thank you for your response on trip advisor. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to sharing this information with our staff so that they are aware that all of their hard work is paying off. We strive to meet guest needs and attempt to make this establishment a home away from home during each and every stay. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Great Falls, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I made reservations for this hotel about 2 months in advance for 3 adults and 1 child, but as life would have it 1 adult and child could not make the trip. SO, when we arrived I informed the desk clerk and changed to a king room rather than keeping the 2 queen bed room. When check out came the rate was the same for the king room, with only 2 people. as for 3 adults and 1 child and 2 queen beds. (FYI we are seniors) When the clerk called her manager about this she told her that that was the rate for the King room. We left but when I got home I went into the Choice Privilege web site and checked it myself....The room showed $75.80 for a King room and NOT $113.50. I let both Choice Hotels and the Manager of the Billings Comfort Inn know of what I thought was an error. At the time of this writing I have been totally ignored by both.
****** That wasn't the only problems we had......we had trouble with the AC/Heater that ran and ran it was sort of fixed by maintenance. There were burn holes in the bed spread (both sides) and the TV didn't work and the remote need batteries.(the desk clerk did bring those to us).******

At the time of this writing I have been totally ignored by both. I only wish someone would have at least let me know they were checking into the problem. Thanks to Trip Advisor, I have someone who listens!

Room Tip: check them out first if possible!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Billings Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Justme048,
Thank you for your response concerning your most recent stay. I appreciate you expressing your concerns. If your reservations were booked 2 months in advance, our hotel rates were still elevated and are labeled with a code. Your reservation rate was honored for the reservation amount that was quoted to you when you made your reservations 2 months ago. The rates for a king room and room with 2 quenn beds is the same; so the amount of your room would stay the same as the amount when you had reserved your room. I hope this helps with some clarifications.
As for the heater being noisey. Hopefully you allowed the front desk to know about this and we could have offerred to move you to another room.
I apologize for your dissatisfaction and would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business back.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Only if you don't want to sleep and blow your money with a staff that argues! We were charged for a pet we did not have, the heater didn't have a regulator which eventually set off the fire alarm and we weren't even checked on! Found items left by previous guests under edge of bed. Bed was old and uncomfortable and don't leave anything behind. "Policy" is that they can't send it to you. Spent way too much for my family and me to ever come back.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Jahulet,
Thank you for your response to your most recent stay with us. I appreciate your input into our hotel and seek every opportunity to utilize this information to improve our hotel and staff. Pet fees are charged for rooms when pets occupy the room for cleaning fees.
We do have the ability to send items back to guests and I will contact you directly to assist you in getting your missing items back and I apologize for you not being informed of the appropriate information.
I also apologize for the heater in your room. I am not sure if this was made to attention of the staff: I am almost certain it was if a fire alarm was going off. We definitely could've moved you to a different room to attempt to accomodate your needs. We also attempt to accomodate guests for dissatisfation with beds or any other items that are not right for the guest. I would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again in the future and once again thank you for the comments and I have addressed these issues with my staff.
Exploring the US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I originally booked the Quality Inn (where I usually stay) next door but chose this hotel because this hotel had an airport shuttle after 11pm (which the QI did not). At tiem of reservation I called to re confirm the booking and the shuttle. The clerk asked I would call the day of arrival to remind them I needed a late night shuttle from the Airport. So I did. Since I sometimes use my maiden name to book a reservation-the clerk didn't find my reservation initially. Rather than asking if it couold be under a different name he just stated I must be at the wrong hotel...In any case, I called to remind him about the shuttle, he told me I needed to call back when I got there. So again I did. He was really short with me "10 minutes, door 3" and hung up. We waited in the cold with a 2 year old for half an hour; no shuttle. I called again and he told me the Shuttle ouldn't start and that I am supposed to take a taxi! I could have taken one right away if I was told to look for one going to the Comfort Inn! So we took it. Upon check in I asked if there was a crib in the room. Clerk was agin short with me " yes coffeemaker, microwave, fridge the whole nine yards" he said. We got to our room only to find no crib. I called down and the clerk stated :no cribs standard in the room". That is fine, but didn't I just ask you if there was one, and if not to bring one up?! While the clerk was going to bring one up, my husband foudn a hair on the bed. Being after midnight and having travelled half aroudn the world I was too tired to ask for a change of sheets. I told the clerk when he got to the room that there was hair on the bed and to note it to Housekeeping. After he left we went to the bathroom only to find a lot of hairs behind the bathroom door on the floor as well as in the bath tub. Absolutely disgusting. But too tired to make a fuss about it now. We got a little sleep and had breakfast in the morning. When I removed the cups on the coffee maker tray there was a huge coffee drip stain on it; the tray was never wiped clean! The am staff was litteraly holding their heads up with their hands, hanging on the counters and not even saying "good morning". Very unmotivated. Upon check out I did mention it to a desk clerk (different one than the night before) and she did make a note of it and apologized. I am a Manager of a Comfort Inn and part of the Choice Hotels Franchise, and while I know mistakes happen I am ashamed to have this hotel in be part of the chain. The staff was not friendly nor accomodating and the rooms were not clean. I should have just stayed at the Quality Inn in Billings as I usually do....

Room Tip: Make sure if you cannot do stairs (due to health reasons or the amount of luggage liek we did) to as...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Billings Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Superboertje,
I apologize for your dissatisfaction with your most recent stay with us here at the Comfort Inn. We strive to satisfy all of our guests needs during their stay with us. I have spoken with the appropriate staff and educated staff oconcerning the process for airport shuttles for guests and have also spoken with the appropriate staff concerning your dissatisfaction. Housekeeping and front desk staff are the forefront of our business as you are well aware of and I assure you that improvements have beenn made since your most recents stay to assure guest satisfaction. Thank you for your time and I hope you will allow us to serve you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

i always stay at this comfort inn when i come to visit my dad... and everytime i come the hotel and staff are great. they have done renovations and now have a guest laundry which makes this hotel even better. thank you comfort inn...!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear cjlola22,
Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay with us. I enjoy hearing that all of the staffs dedication and hard work is paying off as the guests comments reflect. We look foward to seeing you again in the near future.
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay the staff was vary friendly and help full. the hotel is in walking distance from several places to eat. front desk night guy was vary helpful and went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable he was vary friendly. house keeping did great at keeping up my room on being stocked and clean always came back to a made bed was nice. they really put the comfort in Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bailey B,
Thank you for your response on tripadvisor. We strive to be our best and hearing such positive comments from guests like you allows us to know that all the hard work and dedication from our staff is paying off. We look foward to seeing you again soon.
Stacy M.

Been to Billings Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!