“Need privacy wall between bath and beds!! No bath tub.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Billings
Montana
“Need privacy wall between bath and beds!! No bath tub.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I forgot the reason I didn't enjoy my first stay at a Sleep Inn, so I made a reservation for a second try. It didn't take long to remember why I had a negative image of these hotels. The rooms have terrible floor plans.

Most parents are up way before the kids are ready to get outta bed. With the floor plans of both Sleep Inn's I've stayed in there is no way to go through the morning routine without doing a lot of it in the dark....or like I did by plugging in the hair dryer, stretching it into the small bathroom, ,closing the sliding door (which is less than 3 feet from the bed) and drying my hair. Not easy! The reason I did this is because the vanity with the sink and mirror is right beside the bed. Also, there are no tubs in these rooms, so people with young children can forget about giving them a bath during this stay. I don't know many kids who enjoy showers.

I will say that the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. So if you're traveling alone or you and your spouse get up and going at the same time, this is a fine place to stay. I just would not recommend it for families.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Poplar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Enjoyed stay. Very clean rooms and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Chicago area, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

We few into Billings and got on the road to Yellowstone and then up to Glacier National Park. This was a nice basic clean hotel to spend the last night of a great vacation. The management is very friendly and was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Tukwila, WA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

I recently stayed at your motel on a business trip to Montana, in which I chose your motel even though I had a bad stay there before. I was pleased to see that you had new counter help, and this time it proved to be a very pleasant stay. The ladies name was Tamara, she had recently been hired and had just moved to Billings from Washington. She was so pleasant and made every effort to make sure my stay was a better experience. In my opinion this was the best thing for your hotel, she is nothing but a perfect employee. Wayne Cochran

• Liked — The employees
  • Disliked — I had to go home
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

We have liked Sleep Inns before but now have them on our beware list. Our non-smoking room smelled like it had been smoked in and air fresheners were covering in up. The coffee pot still had undrunk coffee in it. The trash had not been removed and the room seemed unkept. We got another room. There was undrunk coffee there too. When I turned on the room fan to get some fresh air flowing, it smelled like a urinal in a bar.

I would have rated it lower but at least the sheets looked clean and it wasn't noisy so I got a good night's sleep.

Ooops, I should have had my wife write this! She said the bedspread was dirty, there was hair in the shower and while I slept, someone tried to get in the room - probably given the wrong key by the attentive staff. :-(

Stayed September 2008
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

Had to wait 45 minutes to get into our room as it hadn't been cleaned yet even though we arrived after 3:30.
Spa was working fine when we arrived and checked it out looked inviting. Later when we were going to go enjoy it a sign was posted saying "out or order" we kind of felt like it was because so many of us motorcycle enthusist had checked in. (It was just after Sturgis).
But they did provide a motorcycle wash area with buckets , rags, water Etc which was very nice!
Room was large and very clean when we finally got into it. It was quite and comfortable. Good place to stay over all.

• Liked — Bed was comfey an d I liked having four pillows not just two!
  • Disliked — Waiting for room to be ready and the spa was out of order
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

We arrived in Billing very late with no reservations and selected this hotel from the exterior condition. The inside was as nice as the outside. Very clean, spacious, nice staff, and reasonable price. The best were very comfortable.

• Liked — location - we were only driving through
  • Disliked — no concerns to report
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!