“Good overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Billings
Houston, TX
“Good overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I definitely liked my stay here and will book here again next time I'm in Billings. My review might be a little skewed in that my company has a great corporate rate that includes uses of the concierge lounge for evening reception and breakfast. I cannot say enough about our hostess during evening receptions - she just knocked herself out (wish I could remember her name). Breakfast was OK but not great. Breakfast came from the restaurant above and there seemed to be some delay when things ran out -I think they need to work on the connection between the lounge and the restaurant.

My group was there for an internal meeting and meeting facilities were fine. We had one AV issue and the staff was right there to help us.

We used the restaurant on the 20th floor twice - very good service and excellent food. BTW, if you want a good wine at a reasonable price, try the Layer Cake Shiraz - never had this before but it was a cut above the generic shiraz that is so common.

We also went to the first floor bar once and it was OK, but nothing special.

I found the staff to be very helpful and engaging. I really liked the older gentleman who drove us from the airport. Despite the fact that we were all rather engrossed in a discussion he was determined to give us an overview of the hotel and the city of Billings - this turned out to be very helpful and informative.

My room was good except that I could not get the temperature down quite far enough to make it comfortable. I should have raised the issue to the front desk but did not, so my fault.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Andrew_TX88,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your feedback helps us provide the best experience possible. First and foremost, thank you for noting that you will be our guest again. Your loyalty is truly appreciated. I am glad to hear that your concierge lounge hostess did a great job and that our staff was helpful and engaging. I'm also glad that our staff was able to help right way with the AV issue you had. I do apologize for the interruptions that might have caused. It pleases me that you were able to take advantage of the convenience of our restaurant and that your food was excellent. I will be sure to share your comments with our Food and Beverage Director.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!

LaRell Baldwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My favorite hotel. Period !
Staff is really great, General Manager wrote me a note two days before Christmas to Thank me for staying there. This note was hand written, not copied or printed from a computer. This was the real thing. I was and am very impressed.
Thank you Crown Plaza !!

Room Tip: Good restaurant at the hotel and a few good restaurants near by. But foremost, convenient to Billing...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Garry R,

Thank you for taking a moment to share you experience with us! It is truly great to hear that the Crowne Plaza is your favorite hotel. Our staff works very hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests. I am pleased to hear that you liked your hand written Welcome card. I belive those Welcome cards are instrumental in providing a personal touch to your stay with us.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Billings!

East Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The entrance to the parking lot is poorly marked, which was made worse by the road construction. The entrance to the parking lot is right at the corner of 27th Street and Montana and is paved with red brick.

The woman at the front desk was pleasant and the lobby was nice. The small set of relaxation amenities (lotions, scented spray) was a nice touch. The closet "door" was a curtain. The bathroom was a disaster. The fan didn't work and the paint was peeling from the ceiling. The whole room felt dirty. Ugh. Very disappointing, and clearly not up to the standards of the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TWorkTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza. Your feedback helps us ensure our guests the best experience possible. Unfortunately, it seems as though you didn't receive that best experience possible while being our guest.

I apologize for the inconvenience the road construction caused. It has made it a little bit of a challenge to get into our parking lot.

In reference to the bathroom of the room you stayed in, I am happy to inform you that it was fixed and re-painted on Monday.

I am truly sorry to hear that your stay was very disappointing. I do hope you will be our guest again and experience the kind of stay you were hoping for.

Gillette, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for the location... On the surface, the room looked nice... but on closer inspection it was dirty, the tub and sink wouldn't drain, the toilet always ran, and the wallpaper was peeling. The bed/pillows are among the most uncomfortable i've ever tried to sleep on! The staff was friendly and the overall atmosphere is pleasant. The downtown location is the best thing about this hotel...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Terri S,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient downtown location and that our staff was friendly. However, it seems like we fell short of meeting your expectations. I truly apologize that instead of providing you with a great stay, you got a "so-so" stay. I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and our Chief Engineer in an effort to get the interruptions of your stay corrected.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again at the Crowne Plaza!

Gardnerville, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Beautiful hotel, very nice staff. Very few amenities for the price. For our purposes in staying downtown where we could walk to the theater the location was good. We had some problems, but we were taken care of. We probably wont stay here again, but I believe and hope what happened to us won't happen again. The lounge was nice, server was friendly. The prices are outrageous, which was also disappointing. This is an older and historic hotel. It has been upgraded, but lacks some on the amenities that you would get in other hotels. Not sure why, just little things like no bags in the trash cans or stir sticks for your coffee. No breakfast was served as in some of the other hotels we have enjoyed staying in for a much better price. We have eaten in the restaurant and the food is very good. It has fantastic views, I just won't stay here again. There is a gym, but that's all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KDMadsen,
Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Feedback from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be beautiful and our staff to be very nice and friendly. I'm also glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient downtown location.

However, I'm sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing and that our hotel lacks amenities you were hoping for. In reference to breakfast not being served, the Crowne Plaza is a full service hotel so we do not offer complimentary continental breakfast. We do, however, offer the convenience of room service.

I sincerely aplogize that you encountered other problems during your stay. It's great to know that you were taken care of. But, your hope that what happened to you won't happen again, has me concerned. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to visit with you further about your experience with us. At your convenience please feel free to contact me at the information provided below.

I do hope to hear from you.

1-800-588-7666
or (406) 238-4330
Gillette, Wyoming, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza. I stayed a total of seven days, as a family member was in the hospital, and it was close by. My room was comfortable and clean and the service was impeccable. We spent several nights in the lounge on the first floor and the restaurant on the 20th. Each time our meals were good and our servers were amazing. My only complaint was the parking. It was difficult to find a spot in the parking lot and several times I had a hard time finding a spot in the adjacent parking garage.

• Stayed February 2013
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Jamie G,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very important. I am sad to hear that your stay was due to a family member in the hospital. But, I am very glad to hear that your stay with us consisted of a comfortable and clean room and that we were able to provide you with impeccable service. I hope that made your time in Billings a little easier. Our entire staff works extremely hard to make your overall experience the best it can be. I am excited to share your comments about our restaurant and lounge with the associates from those departments. I am sorry to hear that you had troubles finding a place to park. Being in such a convenient downtown location, it sometimes makes it difficult to find parking readily available. Hopefully that will not be an issue should you return to Billings and stay with us again!

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very comfortable well appointed clean room which we enjoyed while on a bus tour of the western national parks. We appreciated the free WiFi as we could read all our emails and report back to family in Australia. The breakfast in the dining room was also very nice. Thanks Crowne Plaza in Billings!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Bernside,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza. Your feedback helps us provide the best experience possible. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean comfortable room. And that you were able to have breakfast with us. I am so glad to hear that you were able to keep in touch with your family through the convenience of WiFi. I hope the rest of your bus tour was great!

We'd love to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to Billings.

LaRell Baldwin

Been to Crowne Plaza Billings? Share your experiences!