“Good Beds” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 46 hotels in Billings
Olympia, Washington
“Good Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on January 18 & 19. We reserved our room on Hotwire and paid about 66 per night (great value) for a two double beds (brother stayed one night with us.)
I was impressed with the room and the cleanliness. The beds were really comfortable, important to me because I'm pregnant.
I review every hotel I stay in, so I try to talk to the employees to see how friendly they are. Maid service was exceptional and very friendly.
My only complaints were that there is not much parking in the front of the hotel, we had to park in the garage across the street (skywalk) a few times. Also, check-out time is at noon. On our departure date, we packed up the room and decided to eat at Stella's before catching our flight back to Seattle. We got to Stella's at 10:45 and didn't get a table until 11:30 (believe me, their breakfast is worth the wait!) So I called the hotel and asked for a late check-out at 1:00, the hotel clerk said no problem. We ate our wonderful meal and headed back to the Plaza. At 12:30, the front desk called my room and asked if we were staying another night and if we were aware check-out was at noon. I told them I called and got a late check-out earlier. She was friendly but they must not make any notes in the computer about who requests a later check-out.
We would stay here again. I'm not sure what the price is normally but the Hotwire price was terrific.

Room Tip: For better views, request a high floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Cheyenne M,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Your feedback enables us to provide our guests the best experience possible. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our comfortable beds. Sometimes it's hard to get comfortable while pregnant. Our housekeeping department works very hard and they will be thrilled to hear that they provided you "exceptional" service. Because there is limited parking, I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the convenience of the paking garage connected to the hotel by the Skybridge. The Front Desk does keep a guest log so in effort to make late check-outs more seamless, I will share your comments with them. Stella's is definitely worth the wait isn't it? Thank you again for taking the time to share you experience with us. I truly hope you will choose the Crown Plaza on your next trip to Billings.

In Hospitality,

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

From the minute we walked in to the time we left we had nothing but excellent service. We were acknowledged as platinum members and provided ammenities accordingly. Our room was in the 15th floor with a great view of the city and mountains to the west, as well as the airport to the north. It was our first trip to Montana, and although the temperature outside was quite cold, the hotel and staff were warm. Having Starbucks in the building was great. We had dinner at the Montana Sky restaurant in the 20th floor and the specials were wonderful. The view and atmosphere at the restaurant were great. What a nice place to eat and enjoy a quiet, relaxed first class meal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city and mountains on the west. Great sunsets. My only suggestio...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Laura L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback! It is always nice to hear when someone has received "excellent" service at our hotel. Our staff works very hard to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

The 15th floor does offer some great views of the surrounding area, doesn't it? I am glad to hear that you were able to dine at Montana Sky and recevied a "first class" meal. And having a beverage from Starbucks is certainly a great way to warm-up during our cold Montana winter.

I hope your first trip to Montana was a success! We hope to see you on a return visit!

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights. Check in was exceptionally fast friendly with customer oriented staff. Room was huge. Large bathroom. Great view from the 14 th floor Starbucks on cute is an added bonus.

Really appreciate a hotel that shows grAtitude to their guests. I shall be back! You should too!!

• Stayed December 2012
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
DJR Canada,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza! Your feedback is vital to our business. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Having a huge room and a large bathroom on the 14th floor with a great view sure can make for a great stay. And yes, Starbucks is a pretty nice bonus too!

It is also great to hear that you received an "exceptionally" fast friendly check in. Our staff is very much so customer oriented and they work extremely hard to meet our guests expectations. Your feedback will be shared with them!

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you on a return trip to Billings!

Livingston, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

As usual, The Crown Plaza was bright, clean and homey. Room was spotless. Front desk was well trained and helpful. Very accommodating when we were trying to find a cell phone charger. Front desk person looked through a box of 100+ forgotten chargers, until the right one was found!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
j j,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our staff works extra hard to stay well trained enabling them to provide "spotless" rooms and helpful customer service. Reviews like this, make it all worth the extra effort! Your feedback will be shared with both housekeeping and the front desk.

Hope to see you on a return visit to Billings!

Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

As the hotel in the tallest building in Billings right downtown, you expect more elegance than you get here. This is a nice hotel, but not grand by any means. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are big, and if you're on one of the higher floors, offer great views of BIllings and the ridges, river, and mountains beyond. There is a parking lot next to the hotel, but it fills up quick. If you have to park in the garage, you can get it validated and not pay, though they didn't mention that to me at the front desk. The location is fantastic, within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and night life in the heart of downtown. There is a full service restaurant on the 20th floor, and a lounge and Starbucks on the bottom floor. All of that is nice, but the rooms are rather plain, and showing their age, and no food (not even a continental breakfast) is included with your stay, not even a discount offered at the restaurant. The price can run high too, depending on what's going on, and overall, while I was satisfied with the hotel and my stay, I feel like for the cost , the overall experience was lacking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor possible for a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
TrueTexasTraveler,

Thank you for your great feedback! I'm so glad you found our staff to be friendly and noticed that our rooms are big. You're right the rooms on the higher floors do offer a great view of Billings and the surrounding area! And the location is very convenient for local restaurants, shopping, entertainment and the nightlife. I do hope you were able to experience at least a few of these during your stay.

I must apologize that you were not informed about the parking garage ticket validation process. It's such a convenient amenity for our guests to enjoy during their stay. Your feedback will be shared with the front desk employees.

I appreciate what you are saying in regard to the room being "rather plain." We are continually striving to make updates based on feedback we have been provided. We have recently updated our entire bedding package to include higher thread count linens, new pillows, mattresses (Floors 14 - 17 replaced already, the rest are due early 2013).

We do have a full service restaurant for our guests. It, however, stands alone which is why continental breakfast is not offered.

I do sincerely apologize that your overall experience was lacking. Should you find yourself back in Billings, I truly hope you will choose to stay at the Crowne Plaza so that we can provide you with the WOW factor you were looking for!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Crowne Plaza was a nice central location for our meeting. The room was perfect size and the meeting room was nicely decorated for the holidays. Annie was a wonderful help with everything we may have needed.
We had dinner in the Montana Sky restaurant on the 20th floor and the food was good, along with the view.
Loved the relaxation package they leave for you in your sleeping room.

• Stayed December 2012
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Srogerio ~

Thank you so much for your very kind words and excellent feedback! Annie is the first of our associates to be mentioned by name in one of our Tripadvisor on-line reviews. She is going to be ecstatic! I am so glad that you enjoyed our meeting services, sleep amenities, and all that our restaurant has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Billings.

Yours in Hospitality,
Powell, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here since we wanted to stay in the downtown area of Billings. Upon arrival we were greeted by extremely friendly, efficient staff. The wonderful staff is definitely a plus. We wanted a King size bed so we upgraded to the Executive Level, we were informed that these levels were by keycard access only. The keycard did not seem to work; we had been informed that to access the floor, you had to swipe your room key in the elevator. We never had to swipe the card until the following morning to access our floor. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. The bed was wonderful and overall the room was beautiful. The location was great for anything downtown, and the restaurant on the 20th floor and a great view and good food. Now for the bad news. The rooms were not very insulated from one another; we could hear our neighbors on either side, both snippets of their conversations and their TVs. The noise from the hallway was also quite loud. Furthermore, back to the key cards, we had some random guy knocking on our door early in the morning… repetitively… he did not even belong on the floor. Since we had been under the impression that it was by keycard access only, we thought it was odd that he found his way in. I don’t know if there are quieter floors, if there are, I would try to get a room on one of those floors, or not stay there on a Saturday night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Breeannw ~

Thank you for your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and found them to be friendly and efficient as well as enjoying the room and our amenities. I must apologize, however, for not meeting your expectations and the noise level in the vicinity of your room. I did read about the "random guy" in our security report. Apparently, he was partying with some friends and lost track of his own room. We were able to get him to where he belonged, but unfortunately, not without disturbing a few folks along the way.

I do hope that you'll choose us again on your next trip to Billings.
Happy Travels,
LaRell Baldwin

Been to Crowne Plaza Billings? Share your experiences!