“weekend shopping” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 48 hotels in Billings
Livingston, Montana
“weekend shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

As usual, The Crown Plaza was bright, clean and homey. Room was spotless. Front desk was well trained and helpful. Very accommodating when we were trying to find a cell phone charger. Front desk person looked through a box of 100+ forgotten chargers, until the right one was found!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
j j,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our staff works extra hard to stay well trained enabling them to provide "spotless" rooms and helpful customer service. Reviews like this, make it all worth the extra effort! Your feedback will be shared with both housekeeping and the front desk.

Hope to see you on a return visit to Billings!

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

As the hotel in the tallest building in Billings right downtown, you expect more elegance than you get here. This is a nice hotel, but not grand by any means. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are big, and if you're on one of the higher floors, offer great views of BIllings and the ridges, river, and mountains beyond. There is a parking lot next to the hotel, but it fills up quick. If you have to park in the garage, you can get it validated and not pay, though they didn't mention that to me at the front desk. The location is fantastic, within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and night life in the heart of downtown. There is a full service restaurant on the 20th floor, and a lounge and Starbucks on the bottom floor. All of that is nice, but the rooms are rather plain, and showing their age, and no food (not even a continental breakfast) is included with your stay, not even a discount offered at the restaurant. The price can run high too, depending on what's going on, and overall, while I was satisfied with the hotel and my stay, I feel like for the cost , the overall experience was lacking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor possible for a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
TrueTexasTraveler,

Thank you for your great feedback! I'm so glad you found our staff to be friendly and noticed that our rooms are big. You're right the rooms on the higher floors do offer a great view of Billings and the surrounding area! And the location is very convenient for local restaurants, shopping, entertainment and the nightlife. I do hope you were able to experience at least a few of these during your stay.

I must apologize that you were not informed about the parking garage ticket validation process. It's such a convenient amenity for our guests to enjoy during their stay. Your feedback will be shared with the front desk employees.

I appreciate what you are saying in regard to the room being "rather plain." We are continually striving to make updates based on feedback we have been provided. We have recently updated our entire bedding package to include higher thread count linens, new pillows, mattresses (Floors 14 - 17 replaced already, the rest are due early 2013).

We do have a full service restaurant for our guests. It, however, stands alone which is why continental breakfast is not offered.

I do sincerely apologize that your overall experience was lacking. Should you find yourself back in Billings, I truly hope you will choose to stay at the Crowne Plaza so that we can provide you with the WOW factor you were looking for!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Crowne Plaza was a nice central location for our meeting. The room was perfect size and the meeting room was nicely decorated for the holidays. Annie was a wonderful help with everything we may have needed.
We had dinner in the Montana Sky restaurant on the 20th floor and the food was good, along with the view.
Loved the relaxation package they leave for you in your sleeping room.

• Stayed December 2012
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Srogerio ~

Thank you so much for your very kind words and excellent feedback! Annie is the first of our associates to be mentioned by name in one of our Tripadvisor on-line reviews. She is going to be ecstatic! I am so glad that you enjoyed our meeting services, sleep amenities, and all that our restaurant has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Billings.

Yours in Hospitality,
Powell, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here since we wanted to stay in the downtown area of Billings. Upon arrival we were greeted by extremely friendly, efficient staff. The wonderful staff is definitely a plus. We wanted a King size bed so we upgraded to the Executive Level, we were informed that these levels were by keycard access only. The keycard did not seem to work; we had been informed that to access the floor, you had to swipe your room key in the elevator. We never had to swipe the card until the following morning to access our floor. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. The bed was wonderful and overall the room was beautiful. The location was great for anything downtown, and the restaurant on the 20th floor and a great view and good food. Now for the bad news. The rooms were not very insulated from one another; we could hear our neighbors on either side, both snippets of their conversations and their TVs. The noise from the hallway was also quite loud. Furthermore, back to the key cards, we had some random guy knocking on our door early in the morning… repetitively… he did not even belong on the floor. Since we had been under the impression that it was by keycard access only, we thought it was odd that he found his way in. I don’t know if there are quieter floors, if there are, I would try to get a room on one of those floors, or not stay there on a Saturday night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Breeannw ~

Thank you for your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and found them to be friendly and efficient as well as enjoying the room and our amenities. I must apologize, however, for not meeting your expectations and the noise level in the vicinity of your room. I did read about the "random guy" in our security report. Apparently, he was partying with some friends and lost track of his own room. We were able to get him to where he belonged, but unfortunately, not without disturbing a few folks along the way.

I do hope that you'll choose us again on your next trip to Billings.
Happy Travels,
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Billings is a terrific small city, and this hotel was a great place to stay. Very centrally located, with great staff and comfortable amenities. Great conference facilities, and the food was yummy. Plus, Starbucks in the lobby! Be sure to visit the Burger Dive (best burger I have ever had) across the street and Stellas for breakfast.

Downsides were that the mattress was really firm, and my back hurt each morning I woke up. Also, the room was a little tight with all the furniture in it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view - the higher up you are, the better the view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hannahlo84 ~

Thank you for your review! I couldn't agree with you more in regard to the Burger Dive - They also have the BEST milk shakes in town! I am super happy that you enjoyed our facility, your conference and our food too. I am sincerely sorry to hear that your back hurt when you woke up in the morning. We are scheduled to replace all the mattresses within the hotel next year, so that should take care of that issue.

I hope that our paths will cross again the future.
Yours in Hospitality,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times. The staff are always friendly, and the restaurant on the top floor gives you great views of Billings. Only thing that I can mention that needs improvement is the housekeeping staff needs to be mindful of guests who may be resting. They were a little noisy last time I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Michael ~

Thank you so much for your honest and fair feedback! I am so pleased to hear that our staff is always friendly. That's one of the things we are constantly training and striving toward. I will share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper so we can ensure quieter service in the future.

Thanks again for your comments. I hope that we see you again if your travels bring you back to Billings!

Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel! The bed was super comfortable & the pillows were amazing. We also had dinner at the bar across the road and it started pouring.. we were able to get back to the hotel through a covered tunnel. The Starbucks is also super convenient when getting on with your day. The only complaint I had was the bathroom was rather small, it was even worse considering I was 7 months pregnant. But other than that it was great!

• Stayed June 2012
CrownePlazaHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Billings, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Jameson MT ~

Thank you for your great comments! It means so much when our guests take the time to tell us how their experience was.

I am glad that you found our beds and pillows super comfy, especially at this stage of your pregnancy! I think at 7 months, nothing felt comfortable to me. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff and hope to see you and your little bundle of joy next time you pass through our area.

LaRell Baldwin, GM

Been to Crowne Plaza Billings? Share your experiences!