“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5425 Midland Road, Billings, MT 59101 (Formerly Kelly Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 45 hotels in Billings
Great Falls, Montana
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Again we enjoyed our stay for 5 days at the Econolodge in Billings. This is a great place for the money and a good continental breakfast. The desk is always friendly and accomodating. They are currently updating the place with a nice look inside but did not interfere with our stay at all over Thanksgiving. Thank you again-- (although would still enjoy yogurt with the breakfast so I don't need to bring my own... BUT the microwave & small frig in the room was GREAT!!!)

Room Tip: we always stay on the upper floor to avoid walking above noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Rita W.,
Thank you for your comments concerning your most recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel staff and we appreciate you and your business. Thanks to customers like you we continue to strive to improve our hotel to better serve our guests and your comments let us know that what we are doing is working. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Williston, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

While the front desk staff was friendly, and the room was clean, the internet didn't work, the air conditioning did not work, there was no paper in the rest room, and the office charged me for a second day a week after I checked out. For which they refuse to issue a refund because they say I made a reservation to stay there instead of St Louis where I was.

Room Tip: pay cash so they can't double charge you
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Rollin18shlr,
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay. I apologize for your dissatisfaction with the internet and payment methods. We attempt to maintain the Wi-Fi and usually it is just a phone call to fix this problem. I am not sure what happened during your most recent stay but I have further educated staff to avoid this problem in the future. We do have a 24 hour cancellation policy for any reservation and I apologize that there was some miscommunication during this process. We do not do reservations for other choice hotels thru our computer system and I am unsure how a reservation was made to another hotel in a different state. I would encourage you to call the property you make a reservation with and confirm the reservation with your confirmation number to avoid this in the future. Once again I would like to see you in the future. Thank you for your time and I appreciate your feed back.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Econo Lodge in Billings was a convenient motel for our purposes.

Convenient to shopping at Rimrock Mall, convenient to the freeway the the next morning getaway, and convenient to restaurants for supper. It has one of the few outdoor pools in Billings and is petfriendly. Our room was small but clean and a good continental breakfast is offered in the morning. The price is also good as Billings in the summer can be a bit pricey.

In short, it hit the spot!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear 2DogsCalgary,
Thank you for your most recent response . We here at the Econolodge continue to strive to meet our guests needs and thanks to guests like you we know that our location and hotel are fitting those needs. Once again thank you for your time and we hope to see you in the future.

Lynden, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Horrid Customer Service. We had a family medical emergency and left for Billings without notice. My Mom called from the road to book 2 rooms. A woman my mother talked to took our names and said 2 rooms were reserved and waiting for us for $117 a night, no problem. Upon arrival to Billings we called to confirm. We were told no room was were under our name. The people were extremely rude and inconsiderate. We tried a few other hotels, they were booked. We then called back the Econo Lodge out of desperation, we were offered their last 2 rooms at $249 a piece, these were our rooms we had booked! They were trying to get double the money!!! They even hung up on my mom after she asked why at first there was no rooms and then a few minutes later there was 2 rooms, our rooms!! Couldn't believe it, especially when they knew what my family was going through. Never staying at an Econo Lodge again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Kelly M.,
Thank you for your responce to your most recent stay. I apologize for the difficulties you endured and have spoken with the appropriate staff concerning your dissatisfaction. I assure you that we try to accomodate every guest as completely as possible. During your most recent trip to Billings there were several events that occurred and that is why rooms were scarce. I would encourage you to make sure that you receive a confirmation number for your reservation before hanging up from making a reservation to ensure that you have indeed booked a room.
Once again I do apologize and if I may be of further assistance to you please feel free to contact me.
Gillette, Wyoming, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

we stayed at that motel in sept. when we got our credit card statement it had an extra $30.00 on it. when i called and asked about it they said it is because we took two pillows. oh come now we are 68 years old and don't you think we have pillows by now. they did offer us 20% off our next stay. does that sound right. i don't think we will stay there again. if they did that to us how many others have they did that to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Jerri M,
I have spoken with you on numerous occassions concerning your recent issues. The hotel continues to perform updates to assure that our guests are comfortable with their stays. During your most recent stay the hotel was in the process of replacing bed sets and pillows. We had taken account of all of our supplies for all of the rooms as I have explained to you in the past. I apologize for the discontent you are experiencing and have attempted to remedy the situation as you stated in your most recent comments. Please accept my apology and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Stacy M
Portage la Prairie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We spent $110 for a room that didn't have working water in the bath. After we complained they moved us to another room. The second room had a nasty stain on the bedspread, however we were too tired to complain... We found out in the morning that the phone didn't work after missing our wake up call. When I complained to the acting manager - the best they could offer was 20% off our NEXT visit at that hotel. (Not happening)The posted price on the inside of the door was $800 per night - clearly they didn't want to post their actual price. Over priced for a nasty, rundown sketchy hotel that turned this customer off Econo Lodges F-O-R-E-V-E-R!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Lynn G.
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay. I appreciate your feedback and have addressed your expressed concerns and maintenance issues. I apologize for the inconveniences to your experience with your stay. I did offer you a 20 % discount to attempt to compensate for your dissatisfaction. Once again I apologize and hope to accomodate you in the future.

Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Friendly staff, clean room, quiet restfull stay; what more could you ask for! Great location to restaurants, shopping, and the West End of Billings. Reserve rooms early as rooms tend to fill up fast. This is one of the better hotels in the area and price is reasonable too!

Room Tip: Reserve early as rooms fill up fast!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear John W.
Thank you for your comments concerning your most recent stay. We here at the Econolodge appreciate feedback so we know how we may continue to improve our hotel to better serve our guests. Thank you for your time.
Stacy M.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!