“Room was not clean” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5425 Midland Road, Billings, MT 59101 (Formerly Kelly Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 46 hotels in Billings
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Room was not clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We only stayed one night and that was too long. We checked in at 9. The front desk person was friendly. However, our room was horrible. It was dirty, there were splatters all over the wall and shower curtain. The air conditioner was so noisy. The bed was squeaky and horribly uncomfortable. Couldn't wait to check out. Paid $89 for a Thursday night. Not close to worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Karen,
Thank you for your comments concerning your most recent stay at the Econolodge. I appreciate your feedback and take each guests comments seriously. I apologize for your inconveniences with your most recent stays and have addressed these issues with the appropriate staff. Please accept a 20 % discount of your next stay here. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Billings, Montana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We checked in for a weeks stay till a room at the extended stay opened up. The room did not match any picture in the website. Small, stinky, dirty... get the picture? Couldn't even sleep on the bed, the light sconce was right where someone sleeping would lay their head. We asked to change rooms and were told they could not accommodate us. We told them the room was unacceptable and we would be checking out. That's when we were told we were being charged for the original week reservation. After quite a long discussion they still would not budge but we left anyway. One reason given was that it was a slow time of year and they needed the room charge. Two nights later, we drove by the hotel and someone was in the room we were being charged for. They still refused to return our money! Double rental of a room... A bit dishonest? Would have given less than one star if I could have. Does anyone else find it interesting that the manager responds and promises improvements but none are made?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Ruth M,
Thank you for your most recent comments. I appreciate your feedback and I apologize for the inconvenience with your last stay. We do offer weekly rates at a discount and do no refunds because these rates are at a much lower rate than our nightly rates. We attempt to accomodate guests and I do realize that our hotel was busy during your most recent stay. Due to the dissatisfaction you experienced I would like to extend a 20% discount off of your next stay with us. I look forward to you staying at our hotel again in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The people were friendly and took good care of us. The location was kind of hard to find and not in a clean neighborhood, but it was next to the highway easy for the gps to find. There was a lot of restaurants near the motel for good dinner and lunch if neccessary

Room Tip: non smoking room was clean
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent stay with us at the Econolodge. We appreciate your feedback and continue to try to improve our facility. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stopped here on our way home from Glacier National Park. It's conveniently located just off the interstate. The room was clean, the aircon worked well, and there were enough channels on TV to keep us entertained for the night. The only thing is that I wish the breakfast had been served till a little later--they stop at 9 AM.

Room Tip: All the smoking rooms are on the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Phuongy,
Thank you for your comments concerning your last stay. We are right off of the Interstate which makes the hotel easily accessible and we strive to make each and every guests stay as enjoyable and pleasant as possible. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your last encounter with us.
Stacy M.
East Gull Lake, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

First stop of vacation. Booked through Choicehotels.com. My wife and three kids in a double queen room with frig and micro. Room filthy a/c doesn't work. Had maintenance repair but still didn't work. Told to open windows. I had to call to speak to the manager, no manager there. They actually told my wife to checkout and find another place to stay. Put them into a king room no pullout or roll aways. When asked if they could get a microwave and refer the guy actually told them to check out he was tired of dealing with them and the faster they left the better. Wife had to pack up three kids at 9:30 at night and move to another hotel. I have been using Choice Hotels for years. This one should be removed as one of their properties. Stay at your own risk. Here you will get far less than you pay for.

Room Tip: Stay away even if you are desperate for a room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We only needed a place to sleep between Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone. I wish we had gone elsewhere. The check- in gal did not know how to process our Choice gift card. She woke me up with a call at 10pm to say that this hotel does not accept those cards (?) and I would have to use a different payment method. The hotel was not especially clean and the breakfast was so-so. I would not stay again.

Room Tip: There have got to be better places to stay in Billings.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Econolodge
5425 Midland Road
Billings, MT 59101

7/29/2012

Dear Pat M,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor concerning your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback and utilize each comment as a teaching and learning opportunity. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the Choice Hotels gift card. I am looking into this matter as to alleviate further guest dissatisfaction as you experienced.

The breakfast menu at the Econolodge is regulated by our brand name and we strive to meet and exceed the breakfast requirements. Thanks to guest comments like yours we continue to improve on this.

I apologize for the lack of cleanliness as you stated. I personally discuss guest complaints with the housekeeping staff as to alleviate any further issues.

Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Stacy M.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

After having trouble with reservations at another motel I finally got checked into this place for two rooms at an outrageous price from Tuesday until Sunday... I had to go upstairs plus pay $20 a day for my little dogs. Ok sounds normal but on Friday afternoon the manager informed me that my rooms will go up $70 a night because it's the weekend!! I wasn't informed of this at checkin and I'm upset!! The manager can only say its the owners policy! It's too late to find other arrangements and I think they know that. I called Choice Hotels and all they can do is call the manager and inform the manager that there is a complaint!! This is an Econolodge and a bit shabby, spots on the carpet,very low water pressure,and ancient televisions. If this was a beautiful hotel maybe I wouldn't be so upset but actually a really nice place would not have done this. The owner can't be contacted for any reason and the manager is only doing what he says! I would not have stayed here had I been informed. I am a frequent traveler and this place should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed July 2012
Econolodge
5425 Midland Road
Billings, MT 59101

Dear Alboise1,

Thank you so much for your recent review on trip advisor. I have spoken with you at length and I do apologize for any misunderstandings and miscommunications that occurred. Our pet policy is noted several places throughout our reservation policy and in areas during check in; as is an undeclared pet fee.

Our rates do increase during stays, especially on weekends and during special events occurring in the surrounding areas. At check in this rate is printed on the guest registration and the guest must acknowledge this by initializing. I have spoken with my staff and instructed them to review these rate changes with guests upon confirmation of the reservation and also at check in to alleviate any further miscommunication.

I also appreciate your comments about our hotel and your housekeeping and up keep concerns. I have spoken with the appropriate staff and assure you that your comments are taken seriously.

Thank you, once again for commenting on trip advisor and I hope you will allow us to serve you in the future.

Stacy M

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!