“Thanks to the great staff our stay was comfortable and memorable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 46 hotels in Billings
Fairfax, Virginia
“Thanks to the great staff our stay was comfortable and memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Having never been to Billings I searched the IHG website for Billings Hotels because I always try to stay at an IHG brand due to their high standards. I am a Department of Defense employee and the Government pricing was the best in the area. Before arriving I contacted Mike by getting his email address from one of the other reviews and he responded that same day with some great information on the local area for us and made sure the reservation was all set and had things ready for us when we arrived. We did get into town earlier than expected due to a change to an earlier flight and decided to see if we could check in before the normal check in time. Jance took care of us right away and got us into our room within a few minutes. We did stay in the tower area and the room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. We stayed 3 nights and never heard any other guests or pets or traffic the entire stay. We used the pool and hot tub all days we were there and the water was clean and warm the whole time. The restaurant offered a great breakfast buffet and the room service we ordered came promptly and tasted wonderful. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay in a new city a comfortable and memorable one. I think we found our “go to” hotel in Billings. Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Drew W,
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review based on your stay with us. I am pleased to read our staff was able to meet your accommodation needs during your stay. I will be sure to pass this information onto our staff and let them know how great they are doing. On your next trip to Billings please feel free to stop in my office and say hello.
Thanks again,

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is very dirty. The carpet is stained and stinks, walls are dirty, furniture is old and damaged. I visited three rooms(!) before deciding to go elsewhere. All three rooms were sub-par. The customer service was the best thing about the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hello LEPPR,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your visit to our property. I sincerely apologize we were not able to meet your accommodations needs. I would like to offer you another opportunity to visit out property and see our tower rooms. Please feel free to stop in and say hello and we will be more than happy to show you more rooms.
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

As a professional touring musician, I have had the (sometimes dubious) opportunity to stay in accommodations all over North and Central America and the Caribbean. I never expected what awaited us in Billings, MT. Playing the full run of The Montana Fair, we were provided rooms at the Grand Montana. Not only is it spacious and beautiful, the beds are actually comfortable, wi-fi is fast and reliable, and housekeeping is eager and competent. The staff is top shelf AAA+, and were especially helpful with printing, scanning, and returning a crucial contract for me after my laptop crapped out. I recommend the Grand Montana to anyone looking for accommodations in Billings, MT! Bravo!

Room Tip: 2nd floor atrium jacuzzi suite...spectacular!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello Timberwlf2001,
Thank you for taking the time to share how wonderful your stay is. I will ensure to let our staff know how great they are doing. I am pleased to read you stay was perfect and you were able to enjoy out property. On your next trip to Billings feel free to stop in and say hello.
Thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We try to stay at Holiday Inns due to being priority club members - free breakfast, evening drinks if available etc. The good: the breakfast buffet was fabulous! The service and selection - especially all of the fresh fruit was wonderful. The common area - atrium and lobby was very nice. From there, a maze of rooms erupted and somewhere along the way was our king suite. I don't know when the place was built but it desperately needs an update and scrubbing. All and all, if I had to travel thru Billings again, I might still stay here - the breakfast truly was wonderful.
The front desk staff must have been short handed - long wait and phone calls served before us - travelers with reservations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear jeng4,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was with us. We are delighted you enjoyed breakfast. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with our staff service and condition of the rooms. Your comments are important to us to ensure we are constantly focused on improving our service and we hope we can demonstrate to you our commitment to value and service. If your travel brings you to the area in the future, we hope you give us another chance.

Zelyn N
Mitchell, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The decor was updated and welcoming. When we checked in, the desk attendant was Tina and she was very helpful and friendly. The location was easy access from I-90. We have no complaints.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hello Retha,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review based on your stay here with us. I am very pleased to see we were able to meet the needs of your stay. I will ensure to let Tina know how great she is doing with her Guest Service. On your next trip to Billings feel free to stop in and say hello.
Gardnerville, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Arrived a bit early (1:30) and asked if we could check in. Husband is Priority Club Member, and thought just maybe. Sandy at the front desk checked on the room and it would be 20 mins. No problem. Then she decided to upgrade us to a higher floor, gave us the keys and said wait 20-30mins. Have a bite to eat in the Casino as the restaurant was not open. Sounded good! Well about and 1 hour later, we were ready and the great bartender AMY called to see if we could get in the room. We were asked to come to the front desk before going up. Amy said I bet their going to give you another room. We laughed!! Well that is what they did because the person in the room had decided to stay early that morning and set it all up. Someone at the front desk did not put it in the computer. Okay honest mistake, Well then we were given another room but couldn't have those keys until 4:00. Kaylee was very rude at this point about us being there at all. I asked what happened to the first room we were given that would be ready in 20 mins. No answer. At 4:30 I went over, cut in line of about 15 people as I had been waiting 3 hours, excused my self of course. Finally got keys to a room 4407. Got our luggage, went in the room took a nap, husband went to the pool. We had tickets to "Steve Miller" and it was later in th evening. Husband gets in the shower and the plumbing backs up and all this black stuff comes out of the drain. Plumber came up I guess as we had to go. Same thing the next morning. Carpet really needs to be replaced all over the building. Many tripping hazards. Water fall was nice, but very loud. Breakfast was good and a great variety. Amy in the Casino really took care of us for all the mess up. My husband was really trying to make a romantic getaway as our pets even when to the kennels. This was so disappointing for him. Won't be back and will never try to check in a bit early to relax. Very noisy location, as I could hear traffic all night. They did discount our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear KDMadsen,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments about the breakfast and the casino staff, we apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with our front desk staff and the bathroom incident. I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your review.

Orlando A.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our tour bus booked this hotel on way to Yellowstone. The atrium looked good and the rooms facing it would have been good. But we were led down the corridor to another set of rooms that looked pretty fated. Their was hair on the floor everywhere we stepped ( ? previous person had a pet and room was not vacuumed enough?). Anyway we were out the next morning.

The restaurants were not within walking distance since this was not in the downtown area. Luckily the tour bus took us to Jade palace and Fuddruckers was nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear greenvillehybrid,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret the room you received did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Joel B
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings? Share your experiences!