“Great place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Billings
Colstrip, Montana
“Great place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times. They only thing I don't like about it is the low toilets. My husband has a hard time with them. However, we got a fantastic rate on Priceline and then since we were priority club members and they weren't full we got a king size bed in the tower. Slept like a baby!! Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I always ask for the tower. The rooms there are nicer and newer. However, they are also more expensi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our great hotel and top notch customer service! Next time through please contact Mike P. our guest experience champion to get a more accessible room; he will get you all taken care of for you stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff make all the difference when you are away from home, especially on a special occasion like a birthday. I had called the front desk from another country to see if they would find and deliver a piece of bday cake to my dad's room after a long day of driving on his birthday. Ryan who was working the desk went to so much trouble (with pleasure) to make this happen and never even called back for a thanks or payment. At one point he had even offered to have the bellman to go Walmart to get a cake and bring it back if necessary. I was just blown away by the hospitality and service. This will be our family's hotel when any of us pass through Billings, guaranteed. Thanks Ryan for helping me let my dad know we missed him here on his bday. Really appreciated by all! L

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan is one of many outstanding examples of why we are known for our outstanding customer service! This is the reason all of our great guests to come back and see us!
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

MOD Mike was very personable, stopping by to see us in the bar to make sure everything was great. Also, the bartenders Katie and Kacie were nice. I wish they offered a free breakfast, something I seek out when traveling. The free wifi worked great. The pool was way too cold to swim in, and the hot tub was luke warm. But the facility was nice and the people were nice. I did get a free breakfast buffet voucher for the first morning of my 2 night stay, but it would have been nice to get both mornings' breakfast covered. Free drink tickets for my first night helped soften the blow.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for recognizing our outstanding staff and all of our added amenities!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

After unfortunately hitting a deer outside Deadwood, South Dakota, my wife and I had to drive our little first generation Honda Insight (tough little car for taking that hit and still being drivable) all the way to Billings to have it checked out by an authorized USAA body shop. It was a pretty grueling drive. When we walked into the Grand Montana Holiday Inn, we were greeted by a pleasant staff. Because my wife and I had booked through Hotwire, I knew our chances of getting a choice room weren't great, but I attempted to elicit sympathy from the hotel staff and requested a quiet room not too far from the lobby and breakfast area. In typical fashion for Hotwire bookings, the front desk personnel told us that Hotwire bookings aren't even guaranteed non-smoking rooms. They were clearly setting me up to accept whatever non-smoking room they wanted to give me. Well, my charms went unappreciated, and we were stuck way on the back side of the hotel facing the interstate. The room wasn't particularly dirty, but it didn't seem totally clean either. It had an odd musty smell, and the air conditioner/heater did neither very well. It was an extraordinarily long walk through a labyrinth of hallways to make it to the breakfast area, and I have to agree with other reviewers here that the breakfast was ordinary at best. My wife and I dropped our car off at the body shop in Billings, got our rental car for the weekend, and drove off to Yellowstone. When we returned to Billings to retrieve our car, which was deemed risky to drive all the way back to Los Angeles, instead of camping out in Billings before going back through Yellowstone, we chose to stay at the Best Western in Livingston, a great hotel for the money staffed by wonderful, friendly, and accommodating people.

Room Tip: Good luck. If you booked through Hotwire or Priceline, your chances of getting a decent room are sli...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our great hotel on TripAdvisor and we are so sorry to hear about the car troubles, glad everyone is ok and we hope you made it back safe! Thanks for recognizing the friendly staff and we have improved our housekeeping management in the past few weeks! TIP: next time call the hotel direct to book your room and you will be able to choose your room preferences and get a similar rate!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline. The hotel is located just off the interstate. Anything you could ever want is in the hotel. The pool and spa were a welcomed treat after 12 hours of driving. When we checked in the front desk was busy but the front desk associate was super friendly and efficient! The restaurant was closed but there are SO many good food choices right by the hotel.
The room was very clean and comfortable. We were facing the interstate but couldn't hear it at all.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If its just one or four of you...I think this hotel really does offer something for everyone. I would for sure stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2013
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the hotels amenities! Thanks for staying and we will see you next time through!
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel shows its age from inside out. The outside looks fairly nice but the inside is where the truth lies. The rooms are very dated and the cleanliness was just not there. We ate at the breakfast buffet in the morning and we weren't all that impressed with the food selection. If we venture back through Montana, we will be looking elsewhere for hotels in the Billings area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback! As you can see from all of the other comments we do well at the hotel, with that being said we are not perfect and strive to correct ant deficiencies noted from our valued guests. The hotel is making several capital improvements this year and years to come and our Housekeeping department is also under new management! Please stop by next time to discuss all of the positive changes we have made next time through. Please call me direct to book you next trip to Billings!
Sheridan, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a young lady from I think from Romania. So sweet! Then there was these two brothers I think were twins. They were so nice. I had a little trouble with the heat in my room. I called down and they were on it in minute to move me to another room Thank you Mike and Ryan. I will be back take you home with me!

Stayed March 2013
Thanks for recognizing our outstanding employee Ryan! I have passed this on to him! See you next time you stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Billings Montana!

Been to Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings? Share your experiences!