“Nice place to stop for a night or two.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 47 hotels in Billings
Madras, Oregon
“Nice place to stop for a night or two.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay her very much on a trip that passed through Billings in May 2012. It was big and clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler. The location is quite good and the staff are polite and friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Outstanding comments, thank you for taking the time to write this review. The hotels number one concern is our valued guest and this shows to be true in your comments. Thanks again and we will see you next time at the Holiday Inn Grand Montana!

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Butte, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is the greatest hotel for customer service and friendliness! It begins at the desk with Ryan who is so sociable and outgoing! I think he needs to move up in management because he is so hospitable! and then.....I was having computer problems in the lobby computer workstation and Kevin, the security person tried to help and then let me use the computer in the office! It was above and beyond the call of duty!

Room Tip: Become a PRIORITY CLUB MEMBER! They sure do take care of you!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Outstanding comments! The hotel has been working very hard to take care of our guest and it shows! I have passed on the comments to Ryan and Kevin they are both key members of our staff. Thank you for the review and we will see you next time.
Glendive, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

A very dated property, when I walked in I was reminded of a movie I had seen years ago. The lobby was indeed impressive, wide open space with the red vinyl chairs around tables, a piano, glass elevators and 6 tiers of rooms looking down on it all. Front desk was pleasant, friendly. I wasn't overwhelmed by the room, the beds where very firm and I didn't sleep well at all. The bathroom ceiling was very low and very crowded with a door opening in. I had to call the front desk to learn how to start the shower. The room had no view, and the draft that came from the floor to ceiling window was uncomfortable. The heater, therefore, ran constantly and very loudly. That, in itself, was rather welcome as it helped drown the bass coming from the ballroom. After a sleepless night, we wandered the ,maze of the building, exploring and again I was reminded of an older movie starring Jack Nicholson. We found the dining room and where sat by a very distraught, distracted woman who refused to put down the dirty plate in her hand while she set up our table. After waiting half an hour for milk, I finally got up and found some myself, and just as I was about to get up and leave all together, our breakfast came. (After asking a rather rude, unpleasant male who was aranging items on the buffet) As we finished, the same cross waitress came to our table and left the bill asking "Are you happy now?" Needless to say, I did not appreciate the attitude of the kitchen help when I have a small child crying she's hungry after waiting over half an hour. I didn't appreciate the wads of gum on the floor in the stair well, it seemed the concrete stairs where a forgotten part of the building. Also, being highly allergic, the overwhelming smell of bleach was a problem for me. Over-all, I was not blown away by this hotel, for the same price the Hampton is more easily accessable, comfortable beds and faster and easier breakfast. I will not return to this property.

Room Tip: i wouldn't suggest any rooms in the "G" entrance if there is an event.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your valued feedback and I apologize for any inconvenience. The hotel is in the process of taking care of the heaters throughout the building. I will personally follow up with the restaurant staff to ensure this type of service does not happen again. As you can see from out last 20 or so reviews this is not normal of the Holiday Inn Grand Montana staff as we provide excellent service to our valued guests. Please, during your next visit call me direct to set up your accommodations and I would like to personally meet you. See you next visit!
Billings, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We made reservations at this hotel for a stopover in Billings and were helped immeasurably by a young manager on duty, Mike Paskett. He personally went to check out our room before we registered, turned up the heat in the room and turned on the heat lamp in the bathroom to take the chill off on this very cold winter day. He and his colleague, Bob, moved and rearranged furnishings to accommodate my wheelchair and other equipment and did so enthusiastically and graciously. Mike and Bob were as enthusiastic and welcoming as they could be! The room feature that capped the experience was the electronic door opener inside the room for disabled, making entering or exiting the room so easy, and it's the first hotel room I've encountered with this feature on the individual rooms. Usually I have to struggle with heavy doors, or wait for someone to help me. Mike especially was very helpful whenever we encountered him in the hotel, making sure we had what we needed. I will certainly stay here again on future trips, and recommend the hotel to others. Kate

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Glad the Holiday Inn Grand staff was able to go above and beyond to help a valued guest. Just so you know Mr. Pasket was recently promoted to Manager on Duty for the hotel at night and Bob was our January employee of the month. Both are top notch employees and represent what the Holiday Inn Grand is all about! See you next time!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I traveled to Billings with my college basketball team as well as the men's team from my school for a Thanksgiving tournament and we stayed at this hotel. The hotel is not far from a mall and several restaurants, and there are a couple other restaurants in the adjacent lots. The hotel itself was nice with a wonderful, open lobby including a piano, waterfall, and several plush chairs to just sit back and relax. The rooms that are not in the tower part of the hotel are a bit of a walk, but there are several side doors to easily access whatever area you end up staying in. The breakfast buffet was good with a lot of variety, and there was always free coffee, hot chocolate, and apple cider in the lobby (which was great to enjoy while watching the snow fall). I didn't use the pool or other facilities, but my teammates seemed to enjoy them.

The school paid for our hotel, so I can't speak to the value. However, if I do go to Billings again in the future, I will definitely have this hotel at the top of my list.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Glad that the Holiday Inn Grand could help you have a great Thanksgiving. Thank you all of the positive comments regarding your stay! We will see you next time!
Plano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The room was average and far from the lobby. The ammenaties are average if they were available/open. The pool and sauna were closed during my stay. However the staff was great and very accomodating. Ryan and Kevin stood out among the rest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you kindly for the response and the feedback. We will be sure to let Ryan and Kevin know how much you and I appreciate them. As far as the pool goes the hotel had to get the federally mandated ADA pool lifts installed that day. I apologize for the inconvenience as there is never a good time to do such a project in a hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Nice place to stay. Get a room in the atrium section. Bartender did not know what a gimlet was but oh well. The casino club was friendly and enjoyable. Very good place to spend a few days in Billings.

• Stayed July 2012
Jason B, General Manager at Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
I am happy to here that your stay was a pleasant one! I have followed up with the bartender on the correct way to make a gimlet. See you next time through and again, thank you so much.

Been to Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings? Share your experiences!