“Not worth the money!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Billings
Miles City, Montana
“Not worth the money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked a room here because we wanted a hot tub in the room and their prices compared to other hotels in the area with in-room hot tubs were a bit more reasonable. Also the picture on their Facebook page of one of their "Junior King Suite" rooms (which is what we booked) looked beautiful, and that was actually the main reason I chose this hotel over some others. Well when we got there we learned it was obviously false advertising on Facebook, the room we got looked nothing like the pictures on Facebook. About the only clean thing in the room was the bed. We had to rinse out the hot tub before using it because there was hair in it. Their was hair, looked like pubic hair to boot, in the fridge, the microwave had old crusted on food on the sides. The tiling on the hot tub was cracked all over and falling apart. The drain plug for the bathtub in the bathroom was broken, and the faucet on the hot tub was loose & wobbly as well. About the only good thing I have to say about our stay is that the woman who was working at the desk when we checked in and checked out was very nice and did her job well. Their housekeepers and maintenance people have some work to do. We've stayed in much nicer rooms for less money.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I stay at the Billings Hotel and Convention Center every time we travel to Billings. Our family has stayed in every wing and on both floors at this hotel. We have eaten at the restaurant, played in the courtyard and ordered room service. This hotel also has many wonderful additional features that our family has yet to used, such as a laundry room, office area, banquet facilities, a lounge with comedy nights and a pool with a water slide.

The staff at the Billings Hotel are always friendly and attentive. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The Billings Hotel also has ample parking even if you happen to visit on a busy weekend.

One of our favorite features of this hotel is the closeness to the highway, restaurants and shopping. Our favorite breakfast place, Cracker Barrel, is right around the corner and Walmart is right up the road. This location makes it easy to get anywhere in Billings in just a few minutes.

If you plan to be a frequent visitor to Billings this hotel offers FREE memberships that come with discounts and free food and drink vouchers.

If you have trouble walking long distances ask for a room close to an exit; as this hotel has long hallways.

I also suggest that you ask for a courtyard view.

This hotel also has King size Jacuzzi Suites, two room suites and a Honeymoon Suite.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking long distances ask for a room close to an exit; as this hotel has long h...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Took a chance because it was one of the lesser expensive hotels in Billings. Turned out to be VERY nice, clean, comfortable, and the water slides in the pool were and added bonus for the kids! We will stay again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Roberts, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

the food and staff was great the rooms were clean and quiet the fire place and rock stream in the
lobby was peaceful and relaxing great lounge and casino kids loved the pool and water slide has a nice grassy area for kids to play in.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Joshua,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Billings Hotel and Convention Center. I a very glad you enjoyed public areas of the hotel. We strive to make them enjoyable for all of our guests.
I hope you get a chance to stay in the summer when your kids will be able to play in our courtyard when everything is nice and green and the flowers are in bloom. If the timing is right, they may see one of the half dozen female ducks that nest here with their babies walking around or swimming in one of the ponds here.
We hope to see you again soon.

Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel all over the state for business, and have stayed at Billings Hotel many times. I felt it was however in need of some sprucing up, and was very pleased at my recent stay with all the renovations. My room was like a brand new room, and was very comfortable with nice furniture and new paint, tile ect. I also like the location - it's close to freeway exit and King Ave or quick trip downtown.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear DDM2425
I am very happy you were pleased with our renovations to date at the hotel. We are constantly trying to improve so that guests such as you have a enjoyable stay. I appreciate the kind words and will be sure to share them with the entire staff.
We hope to see you here soon on your next trip to Billings.
Sincerely
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was nice, comfy bed, and spacious. We were there for a convention meeting as were a lot of people and the hotel handled it nicely. There is a small restaurant, a bar, and a small casino. Overall a nice place to stay

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear TD_SD
I appreciate you taking the time to share about your stay at our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the entire staff.
I hope you will allow us to be your place to stay on your next trip to Billings.
Regards,
Belt, Montana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

By reading about this hotel you would think it is modern and up to date. Not even close. Building is old and ugly. Decor ir very dated and dusty. No elevator at all. They have lousy wifi that cuts out repeatedly. They actually make people pay extra to use their water slide at the pool. It's not even a fancy water slide. I went to the outside courtyard one morning and tripped over beer bottles all over the grass. We got no room service on a 2 night stay. The beds are not comfortable and the only thing the towels are good for is exfoliating your skin because they are so thin and rough. The shower changed temperature on almost a cycle scalding me repeatedly. For over 100 per night I expect a little more than this. This hotel should be no more than 50 per night to reflect its actual value and I still wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
Dear Trish,
I am very sorry you were not pleased with your stay at our property. Our building is not new by any means but we are constantly upgrading the hotel. We feel we have clean, modern rooms, a newly decorated lobby and public areas and a clean and safe environment. Yes, there may have been beer bottles on the grass early in the morning, but our grounds crew cleans everything as soon as they arrive. We unfortunately can not control the guests who elect not to use our trash receptacles we have throughout the property.
I am sorry our property has no elevator. When it was built, buildings with only 2 floors did not require an elevator. We do have staff available 24 hours a day to assist with luggage if needed.
We do charge a nominal fee for our 2 watersides of which 1 is well over 100 foot long. Our competition charges a fee of over $15.00 to use theirs. We also have daily room service available. I am not sure what the problem could have been then. We were totally staffed the weekend you were here. We had many, many room service orders during that time and none were missed to my knowledge.
Again, I am sorry you felt you had such a bad experience. We are continually doing changes to make our guests experience a pleasant and enjoyable one. I wish you would have came to the front desk and asked to speak to myself or another member of the management team. We would have tried to have made things right for you. I do wish you would consider staying with us again in the future so we can show you we are better than you think.

Ron Spence GM

Been to Billings Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!